And, because plants have types, too:
    Groot!

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

As for Thanos - his appearance was too brief. But he will appear in the next Avengers movie so we can anticipate that one for more typing material.

I have some suggestions for Ronan and Rocket:
    The former I'd type as LSI-Ti. Rocket is ILE-Ti imo. Groot would be someone (something?) that would come close to INFx

Yondu... I get a faint vibe of SLE-ness?

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanos SLE
    corpsman day LSE
    gamora LSI?
    starlord EIE-Fe?
    rocket - alpha?
    nova prime ESI?
    yondu - i guess SLE?
    nebula - displeased
    Last edited by marooned; 08-03-2016 at 04:28 PM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I signed up for Nova as ESI, nice

Thoughts on Drax? @inumbra

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    I signed up for Nova as ESI, nice

Thoughts on Drax? @inumbra
    he's so dumb. i can't type him... eta: my eyes glazed over when he spoke. i may have hidden my head in my hands in the theater. it happened a lot.
    Last edited by marooned; 08-03-2016 at 05:31 PM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    he's so dumb. i can't type him...
    Hm. Ok ok, let's see what we have. Belief in honor, purpose, confidence in strength, self-assertion, ability to party hard (we recall the scene in Knowhere), excitable when it comes to battle or dangerous situations, short fuse, taking all things literally (doesn't get metaphors right away), easily persuaded by intuitive arguments, preference of group affiliation, displays of loyalty are delivered emotionally, hasty, values respect, distinct "highbrow"- imitating style of language, psychoanalytic insights out of the blue as he realizes the futility of his anger.

SLE-Se alert? SEI-Fe is the only other type I can think of but now I am sure it is Se/Fe we are dealing with right here

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

After some research, I'd say that the Collector seems Delta: wants to conserve in order to repopulate (in case of a world destruction). Travels around looking for artifacts, animals etc... over a long period of time, somewhat losing track of his original goal. Very meticulous and old-school. Has some real problems with his own immortality. The movie doesn't deal much with his story but the vibe is the same

---> LSE

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Came straight from rewatching, then went to the 8 thread, now I'm here

Groot - SEI 9w8. Rocket's dual!

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The movie itself is alpha: the theming, the characters, the dialogue, the plot. Popular and the tab and merchandising picked up by Disney. I enjoyed it overall, for a bit of movie fluff - excellent and creative, not very deep. (sorry alphas)

Star-Lord/Peter Quill........... ENFj
    Gamora................................LSI (played by a IEI actress)
    Nebula.................................on the surface ESI, but I think there is more to explore there....like maybe a twisted up SEI
    Drax.....................................SLE, personally loved this character.
    Rocket..................................clearly a ILE, hands down.
    Ronan...................................not defined as a character.
    Yondu...................................SLE/LSI
    Collector...............................does Bencico DEl Toro ever play anyone who is not a creep?
    Nova Prime...........................lol
    Groot.....................................SEI, rockets dual. He had a wicked Te-polr in the second movie - some of the comedy stems from it. .."groot, go into the drawer and grab the red fin"<----logic of actions right there. Even his dual, Rocket, knew Groot wouldn't be able to figure it out.
    Last edited by wacey; 07-11-2017 at 04:49 PM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    The movie itself is alpha: the theming, the characters, the dialogue, the plot. Popular and the tab and merchandising picked up by Disney. I enjoyed it overall, for a bit of movie fluff - excellent and creative, not very deep. (sorry alphas)

Star-Lord/Peter Quill........... ENFj
    Gamora................................LSI (played by a IEI actress)
    Nebula.................................on the surface ESI, but I think there is more to explore there....like maybe a twisted up SEI
    Drax.....................................SLE, personally loved this character.
    Rocket..................................clearly a ILE, hands down.
    Ronan...................................not defined as a character.
    Yondu...................................SLE/LSI
    Collector...............................does Bencico DEl Toro ever play anyone who is not a creep?
    Nova Prime...........................lol
    Groot.....................................SEI, rockets dual. He had a wicked Te-polr in the second movie - some of the comedy stems from it. .."groot, go into the drawer and grab the red fin"<----logic of actions right there. Even his dual, Rocket, knew Groot wouldn't be able to figure it out.
    Boy... Write that in the movie rating thread by reverie. Hm - Alpha movie but so many Betas? Ronan as LSI included, sure he is defined. Although Rocket did fit the overall format the best, it's really ILE what's going on. PoLR moment was detected well, super good Why not Gamma SF for Drax, SEE in particular as I discussed with @AbZero elsewhere?

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Boy... Write that in the movie rating thread by reverie. Hm - Alpha movie but so many Betas?
    Light-hearted amusement, easily distiguishable characters, broad public appeal, creative make-ups, ideas, fun, banter, humour, rich scenery, Disney, teasing, everyone gets to be a part...its a Alpha movie. The betas push the plot forward. Good example of how betas and alphas work in tandem- merry quadras.
    Ronan as LSI included, sure he is defined.
    If you want to type him that then go ahead...he only has about 5 minutes screen time total, so from what I see not much to go off.
    Although Rocket did fit the overall format the best, it's really ILE what's going on.
    No doubt in my mind he is ILE. Cranky, intelligent, flashes of insight, leadership qualities, pouts when upset, opportunistic, "for the team".

PoLR moment was detected well, super good
    Kinda like I've been doing this for many years.

Why not Gamma SF for Drax, SEE in particular as I discussed with @AbZero elsewhere?
    I don't think so. Just really not all that aware of social dynamics, like you could expect by a SEE. Also, would a SEE be so clueless as to seeing other people have an "inner world" that is separate from other people that Drax is? When the empath, Mantis (IEI?), touches people to reveal their feelings: Drax becomes immensely fascinated and amused by that, laughing hard - not something a SEE would be surprised by at all, as they would already understand this aspect of reality. Would be curious to see the argument for him being SEE, and willing to see this angle. Although, he is very single-minded about his version of what is "right and wrong", so that could be points for SEE. Gamora (LSI) supervising him? Or.. Gamora and Drax mirrors? I see their interplay as essentially the same socionic "trouble spots", needing Fe-reasurance. Which is why they argue so much. Honestly I find him and Rocket to be the most intriguing characters in the series.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plus..awesome soundtrack:

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Star-Lord/Peter Quill -EIE
    Gamora -LSI
    Nebula - SF
    Drax - SEE
    Rocket - SLE, Ne-Demonstrative is a thing. He is resourceful, yes and funny, witty and unpredictable but he blows stuff up for fun, enjoys violence, steals things of material worth. Neither is he child-like nor is he Si-dual-seeking. Once people leave behind the cool=Ne bias it's pretty obvious.
    Ronan - do two-dimensional characters deserve socionics letters?
    Yondu SLE
    Collector - ILE
    Nova Prime --

Ego the Living Planet: EIE
    Mantis:
    IEI or EII
    Groot: IEI or ESI, since he spends his time with Rocket likely an Se-valuer
    Last edited by Cosmic Teapot; 07-13-2017 at 02:45 PM.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Teapot View Post

Rocket - SLE, Ne-Demonstrative is a thing. He is resourceful, yes and funny, witty and unpredictable but he blows stuff up for fun, enjoys violence, steals things of material worth. Neither is he child-like nor is he Si-dual-seeking. Once people leave behind the cool=Ne bias it's pretty obvious.
    All these things still work for ILE.

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    All these things still work for ILE.
    you kinda missed the "Neither is he child-like nor is he Si-dual-seeking."-thing

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Teapot View Post
    you kinda missed the "Neither is he child-like nor is he Si-dual-seeking."-thing
    None of the movie needed that to push the plot. Rockets emotional through line is that he is alone in the galaxy, and that gives him the chip on his shoulder. Really his love for SEI Groot gives away he ILE-ness more than anything.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Star Lord is actually a pretty good representation of SEE. He's pretty Se and he's got a kind of ethic and charm to him.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most of the people typing Gamora LSI are 100% correct and she is my marvel waifu.

I looked this up specifically because I'm watching this movie and thinking about how sexy Gamora is lol.

I am Starlord of course. But I think SEE makes sense for him too.

Rocket seems like an ILE or LIE.

Groot is SEI lol.

Drax could be LSI or SLI.

Yondu is SLE of course.

Nebula is ESI.

Mantis is an EII I think but IEI could work.

Ego seems more like a SEE. But it could be because he's played by Kurt Russel.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol why is this in Art Music and Literature?
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".