Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Attempting another questionnaire.

  1. #1
    Perennial Wanderer Phantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    TIM
    3w4
    Posts
    157
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Post Attempting another questionnaire.

    What is beauty? What is love?
    I know this is a trite expression but beauty really is in the eye of the beholder. There is no definition or standard of beauty. You can find beauty is anything. You find something beautiful when it evokes a profound feeling within you. However, when I think of conventional or mainstream beauty, I think of cheesy and fluffy shit like wedding gowns, birthday cakes and bright and shiny ornaments. Love, again, is hard to put into words, to describe. I feel like I know what love is but attempting to describe it would diminish its meaning to me, it won't really convey what I think of love.

    What are your most important values?
    I have no values. Or at least, I don't have this code of ethics I reference. I don't categorize my morals and ethics. I just do what I feel is right. My values emerge in situations where they are needed. Really, I would say if I have values, my main value is to stay true to who I am and do what I feel should be done.

    Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    I'm not religious and I have never been religious. I recognize myself as an atheist because I choose not to believe in God, not because of science, although it is a factor. I choose not to believe in God because I don't like the whole idea of a higher power and religion. I don't like the idea of seeking an external authority to base your moral foundation in, I don't like the idea of performing meaningless and potentially harmful rituals to appeal to something you don't even know exists, I don't like the idea that you as a human being are helpless, that you need the guidance of God to realize your worth or discover meaning in life, I don't like the idea that there is this grand design for your life and that your choices are secondary in importance. It's all quite abhorrent to me.

    Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    War is an unfortunate thing. Bystanders. Collateral damage. Forced participation. Massacres. All because of a small percentage of people who can't control their ego.
    On the other hand, it's kind of fascinating to scrutinize it as a game. I loved the instances in A Song Of Ice And Fire where you would see a character preparing for war. Mulling over strategies. Power dynamics. Gathering resources. All of that stuff. Power is the ability to do whatever you want and obliterate your obstacles. Power is having the resources to act on your will.

    What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    I don't really know. There are no particular topics that come to mind. Come to think of it, my longest conversations would consist of online arguments. I love arguing. It could be considered a kind of war, except that your words are your weapons and your opponent's ego is the blood. My interests.... I don't know how to answer this question. My interests are not stable.

    Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?

    Not really.
    Somewhat, I guess. I don't particularly care about my body from a medical perspective but I like maintaining it, a superficial explanation may be that I just want to attract the opposite sex. That is a factor but for the most part, I like to think of my body as a machine or a model and the idea of maintaining it appeals to me. An efficient machine.

    What do you think of daily chores?
    Don't like them. I'll wash the utensils if they're dirty. Don't know why this has to be some kind of activity.

    Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    I'll get back to you on that after I consult my memory.

    What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    Vague question.

    Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    Anywhere as long as I'm in my element and feeling good, surrounded by things I value.

    What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    Not really a weakness, but people criticize my reticence and what they perceive to be hostility in social situations. I don't adapt to the social atmosphere and do my own thing, I'm very asocial and I'm always giving off an aloof vibe. Lol, I can imagine myself being surrounded by a dark aura. This rubs people off the wrong way, I guess. I don't participate in the group activities, I don't smile for the family photograph sessions, I just don't play along. People have also seen my obstinacy as my weakness. My reluctance to change. I can become an impenetrable fortress at times. I don't budge when someone tells me to do something I don't want, especially if I have my own plans and intentions. I can even become hostile. I confess I feel like a boulder on such occasions.

    Er... nothing, really.

    What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    Well, people tell me I'm intelligent or wise but they don't really specify why they think so.
    Not being a narcissist, but I just generally like being me.

    In what areas of your life would you like help?
    Managing time, organizing my life, being less impulsive and less focused on immediate gratification, thinking ahead and orienting my life around a plan.

    Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.

    Yes, I might be stuck in a rut currently. Don't care what the causes are. It's basically a seemingly endless circus of monotony and pedestrianization. No particular reaction, to be honest. I'm pretty passive.

    What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    No particular qualities. I just know whether I like or dislike someone. There are no set qualities.

    How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?

    Sex is cool.
    Not sure, maybe someone who helps me get my shit together. Someone who brings organization into my life and clears up all the mess and rubbish in my mind.

    If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    Don't interfere too much in his development. Let him be his own man and discover life on his own terms. Recognize that he is capable of making decisions on his own, which I think a lot of parents forget or ignore. All the same, look out for potentially negative qualities.

    A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    Depends on my mood. I've just decided that it's futile to argue with someone over different beliefs because people don't really want to change so spontaneously, especially when it's someone else telling them to do so, which I can understand.

    Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    I don't care enough about society to answer this. I see people as people.

    How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    Lol, choose my friends? I "choose" friends based on how I feel about them. It's just a feeling. I don't look for attributes or qualities.

    How do you behave around strangers?

    Like a stranger.

  2. #2
    Perennial Wanderer Phantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    TIM
    3w4
    Posts
    157
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Anyone?
    @Maritsa You've suggested multiple types as of late. What does this questionnaire tell you?

  3. #3
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Anyone?
    @Maritsa You've suggested multiple types as of late. What does this questionnaire tell you?



    Why do you need help managing your time?
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 08-03-2016 at 03:20 AM.

  4. #4
    Perennial Wanderer Phantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    TIM
    3w4
    Posts
    157
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post



    Why do you need help managing your time?
    Because I have a propensity for doing things I later regret wasting my time on. I'm also terrible at evaluating the potential of whatever it is I'm doing. Like, I need to be told whether what I'm doing will benefit or harm me in the long run. I am not sure whether the path I'm taking is right or wrong. That kind of stuff.

  5. #5
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Because I have a propensity for doing things I later regret wasting my time on.
    I realize that you need help with Ni. I'm trying to figure out whether you are seeking it or just not good with it. That is is it a DS function or a PoLR


    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    I'm also terrible at evaluating the potential of whatever it is I'm doing.
    So this is an example. Let's say you become a mechanic, you can't see that in the future you might open a shop or go into business with someone else? That is the potential of a choice in something. For example with one degree you can have many opportunities. Can you see that?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Like, I need to be told whether what I'm doing will benefit or harm me in the long run. I am not sure whether the path I'm taking is right or wrong. That kind of stuff.
    Can you imagine the path and where it leads to?

  6. #6
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Because I have a propensity for doing things I later regret wasting my time on. I'm also terrible at evaluating the potential of whatever it is I'm doing. Like, I need to be told whether what I'm doing will benefit or harm me in the long run. I am not sure whether the path I'm taking is right or wrong. That kind of stuff.
    You are weak in Ne which creates new opportunities and new beginnings from one obtained degree or trade. You say you are weak in Ni which recognizes the unfolding of an event over time. Two N functions in weak position make you a vet obvious S type but which S... Which one do you seek as dual and which one would you rather them do entirely?

    I'll give you an example of weak and devalued Ni in me. On Saturday my bf and I were talking on the phone and he asked me to come over in an hour. I told my mom but she wants others to squeeze in her to do list being an Ni valuer. She asked me to get a new lease from the manager. My manager is LSE. I went to the LSE, who cannot be rushed in any process by someone else and she began to write the lease slowly thoroughly and methodically. Now my time is getting eaten up by my mother and my LSE manager. I am not rude and imposing but I feel like the slow process of the LSE is making me late to go to my bf. Sure enough when she was done writing the lease I went home and I still had to shower but I knew that because of these last minute events and how the process went I took too much time and I'm late but I won't leave the house without showering. I'm rushing. I feel so bad that I'm not more stern and direct in having told the manager that I have to be somewhere. This is where I could have thought about it and maybe get the lease at another time so I didn't estimate the activities and all the variables. I'm 1/2 hour late and my bf calls me to ask me where I am. He accuses me of "you don't keep track of time" eve though I felt the movement of the events and estimated the time but still it was my compassionate nature which kept me from breaking lose of my LSE manager to go be with bf. I am wasting his time now by not being on time. So he evaluated me on a criteria of efficiency and effectiveness of my task "you didn't keep track of the time and now you are late" but there were other circumstances involved.

    Anyway do you see how the functions interplay here?

  7. #7
    Seriously Judicious Emotivist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    eastern U.S.
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Posts
    2,520
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    ... the slow process of the LSE is making me late to go to my bf.... because of these last minute events and how the process went I took too much time and I'm late... ... I feel so bad ... I could have thought about it ... so I didn't estimate the activities and all the variables. I'm 1/2 hour late and my bf calls me to ask me where I am.
    When you wrote of your boyfriend calling for you to come over in an hour, I already anticipated this frenzy of worry of being late. Its like deja vous for me; I just knew it was next.

    You didn't say why he didn't come to see you - I assume, then, its not a quick and easy drive to your house? How long of a drive is it, and how is the traffic between there and where you are?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    .He accuses ...
    "accuses". Yes, that's deja vous for me, too.


    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    .me of "you don't keep track of time"...
    He did not ask what delayed you - he just assumed it was a failing of yours, and accused you? Yes, that's familiar, too. Going back in time for me -- and I feel queasy...


    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    . even though I felt the movement of the events and estimated the time but still it was my compassionate nature which kept me from breaking lose of my LSE manager to go be with bf. ..
    This intense self-analyzing of what missteps I may have possibly made to make my ex mad, or to make him accuse me of wrongdoing - wow, that's so familiar.


    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    . I am wasting his time now by not being on time.
    You are wasting his time? What about all the time you gifted him by going to him when he called for you to "come - now" - the driving there and back, the gas and wear and tear on the car - did you factor that in? Or, he just assumes it of you, so, you think you should assume it of yourself, too?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    .So he evaluated me on a criteria of efficiency and effectiveness of my task "you didn't keep track of the time and now you are late" but there were other circumstances involved.
    He evaluated you. Yes, and you always comes up short in his evaluations - right? I think you should evaluate yourself, affording yourself the kindness that you afford others. You'll see you don't come up short then.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Anyway do you see how the functions interplay here?
    The interplay I see is disrespect for you. Perhaps your Mom had an ulterior motive in this case, conscious or not. I am sure she does not enjoy seeing her daughter disrespected. She probably would like to see this relationship over so you can be open to meeting a decent guy. They're out there.

    You guy doesn't sound kind and considerate at all. And, like always for me, he doesn't sound LSE, either.

    Does anyone else think Maritsa's guy sound unkind and inconsiderate?
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........


    "Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

    .
    .
    .


  8. #8
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    When you wrote of your boyfriend calling for you to come over in an hour, I already anticipated this frenzy of worry of being late. Its like deja vous for me; I just knew it was next.

    You didn't say why he didn't come to see you - I assume, then, its not a quick and easy drive to your house? How long of a drive is it, and how is the traffic between there and where you are?


    "accuses". Yes, that's deja vous for me, too.



    He did not ask what delayed you - he just assumed it was a failing of yours, and accused you? Yes, that's familiar, too. Going back in time for me -- and I feel queasy...



    This intense self-analyzing of what missteps I may have possibly made to make my ex mad, or to make him accuse me of wrongdoing - wow, that's so familiar.



    You are wasting his time? What about all the time you gifted him by going to him when he called for you to "come - now" - the driving there and back, the gas and wear and tear on the car - did you factor that in? Or, he just assumes it of you, so, you think you should assume it of yourself, too?


    He evaluated you. Yes, and you always comes up short in his evaluations - right? I think you should evaluate yourself, affording yourself the kindness that you afford others. You'll see you don't come up short then.


    The interplay I see is disrespect for you. Perhaps your Mom had an ulterior motive in this case, conscious or not. I am sure she does not enjoy seeing her daughter disrespected. She probably would like to see this relationship over so you can be open to meeting a decent guy. They're out there.

    You guy doesn't sound kind and considerate at all. And, like always for me, he doesn't sound LSE, either.

    Does anyone else think Maritsa's guy sound unkind and inconsiderate?
    It's not near of a drive. It can range between 20 minutes to 50 minutes and that's all depending on traffic, yes and also it's on a freeway that gets a lot of accidents. I just have to be patient with him and he takes in the facts and though he's quick to accuse me he regrets it and doesn't make a further fuss about it.

  9. #9
    Seriously Judicious Emotivist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    eastern U.S.
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Posts
    2,520
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    It's not near of a drive. It can range between 20 minutes to 50 minutes and that's all depending on traffic, yes and also it's on a freeway that gets a lot of accidents. I just have to be patient with him and he takes in the facts and though he's quick to accuse me he regrets it and doesn't make a further fuss about it.
    Oh, so he called you to come in an hour for a drive that can take 50 minutes. On a freeway that has a lot of accidents. And you had anxiety about being late when you got on that freeway, so, you put your life and limb in danger for him. And instead of being grateful for your willingness to come, he accuses you of incompetence because you were late, without listening first to why you were late? Was his first question, "How was the drive?" and was there an apology and explanation for the last minute invite? And what was the big emergency? None, probably, huh? He sounds like the kind of guy who was suddenly bored and so he wanted you to hop to it?

    Maritsa, you are a beautiful and nice girl from a nice family. Why are you wasting your time with this unkind rude man who has no intention of committing to you? Think how happy your Mom and your loved ones will be when you break it off! How proud they will be when you admit he just wasn't good enough for you, and that you realize you should have dumped him long ago because you deserve more. There are nice guys out there, who are willing to commit, who would be blessed with your caring love and devotion, and they missed out on you because you have been wasting yourself on a guy who does not appreciate you or want to bless you with consideration, appreciation and respect, like other men would. There are nice men out there who have that for you. A decent guy with family values, a man of faith, a man of respect and values. I am sure you have missed some while tied up with Lumox.

    God who designed us made it clear how we should be in relationship, because he knows how we are made. One problem we women have is that we give our hearts when we give of ourselves physically. Then we lose touch with our brain, and we only see the guy with our hopeful heart, the one that hopes that all the intimacies meant what they seem to mean - "I love you forever". If you get too intimate too soon you don't see the man you are dealing with - because you WON'T see the man you are dealing with, only the man you wish he was, the one that the intimacy - a lie - entices you to believe.

    He is not a good man, Maritsa. He is not even a LSE. But you would be better off with you benefactor/ee, your superego, your mirror, your activity, your quasi, your lookalike (I think you have him now though), you comparative - just about anyone if you have shared values and goals. Even if Big Lumox is a LSE - I bet he is not - you would be better off with some good man of any other type, because this inconsiderate selfish man doesn't share your values, Maritsa. He really looks everything like a guy who wants you at his convenience for a good time. He must know your hope is for more, but he can see you are willing to put up with his worst, so he leads you on. He is using you. He is a cad at best. Why give him your time? It woudl be horrible to marry a man like this anyway. You deserve more. God designed you for more. He wants your best. Say goodbye to this selfish unkind man and wait and hope on God. He will bring you better.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........


    "Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

    .
    .
    .


  10. #10
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Oh, so he called you to come in an hour for a drive that can take 50 minutes. On a freeway that has a lot of accidents. And you had anxiety about being late when you got on that freeway, so, you put your life and limb in danger for him. And instead of being grateful for your willingness to come, he accuses you of incompetence because you were late, without listening first to why you were late? Was his first question, "How was the drive?" and was there an apology and explanation for the last minute invite? And what was the big emergency? None, probably, huh? He sounds like the kind of guy who was suddenly bored and so he wanted you to hop to it?

    Maritsa, you are a beautiful and nice girl from a nice family. Why are you wasting your time with this unkind rude man who has no intention of committing to you? Think how happy your Mom and your loved ones will be when you break it off! How proud they will be when you admit he just wasn't good enough for you, and that you realize you should have dumped him long ago because you deserve more. There are nice guys out there, who are willing to commit, who would be blessed with your caring love and devotion, and they missed out on you because you have been wasting yourself on a guy who does not appreciate you or want to bless you with consideration, appreciation and respect, like other men would. There are nice men out there who have that for you. A decent guy with family values, a man of faith, a man of respect and values. I am sure you have missed some while tied up with Lumox.

    God who designed us made it clear how we should be in relationship, because he knows how we are made. One problem we women have is that we give our hearts when we give of ourselves physically. Then we lose touch with our brain, and we only see the guy with our hopeful heart, the one that hopes that all the intimacies meant what they seem to mean - "I love you forever". If you get too intimate too soon you don't see the man you are dealing with - because you WON'T see the man you are dealing with, only the man you wish he was, the one that the intimacy - a lie - entices you to believe.

    He is not a good man, Maritsa. He is not even a LSE. But you would be better off with you benefactor/ee, your superego, your mirror, your activity, your quasi, your lookalike (I think you have him now though), you comparative - just about anyone if you have shared values and goals. Even if Big Lumox is a LSE - I bet he is not - you would be better off with some good man of any other type, because this inconsiderate selfish man doesn't share your values, Maritsa. He really looks everything like a guy who wants you at his convenience for a good time. He must know your hope is for more, but he can see you are willing to put up with his worst, so he leads you on. He is using you. He is a cad at best. Why give him your time? It woudl be horrible to marry a man like this anyway. You deserve more. God designed you for more. He wants your best. Say goodbye to this selfish unkind man and wait and hope on God. He will bring you better.
    i now that you would rather not see me in this but I've invested two years into this

  11. #11
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    i now that you would rather not see me in this but I've invested two years into this
    I agree with Eliza, Maritsa. Don't make it about the time you invested. I broke up with my SLI ex after six years because I was not happy and don't regret it one bit. You are wasting time that you could spend finding someone who cares about your well-being, not about the "value of being on time." He sounds controlling.
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  12. #12
    Seriously Judicious Emotivist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    eastern U.S.
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Posts
    2,520
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    i now that you would rather not see me in this but I've invested two years into this
    Yes, but the longer you are in a go-nowhere, bad-place relationship the harder getting out is and the greater the loss of wasted time, and the greater the number of missed opportunities. Its an EII thing to stay in a bad relationship? I think they often think their quality of love and devotion will change the man. But they don't realize that not everyone has the same capacity for love and devotion. Lots of times what you see is what you get. Yes, people can change but a lot of times - many times - they NEVER CHOOSE TO.

    I am going to a wedding for an EII - I think she is marrying ILI but I will know better when I actually meet him - but she has been faithful and waiting for YEARS for him to get ready to marry... then FINALLY engaged, and a long time planning this wedding just right, and really she and her family are doing all the work and sacrifice for this but he is thrifty and does not want her to register for anything because he wants the guests to bring money because they need a new used car. Doesn't bode well, IMO. (and I am not helping him buy a car - I will find something pretty for her). Another EII freind married a n're do well, and it ended some years later after she had put in all the work, service, and patience and fidelity... then she had on-again off-again with another guy who loved her passionately but his disorder made him run into the arms of another whenever things got good for them ... it took her a long time and a lot of counseling to realize he woudl never change. Wasted years. Why do you EII's do that? My other EII friend is married to a Conflictor but has good reason to stay in the midst of difficulties - not only are they married, but they have two children together. Its not easy, but they make it work. Commitment, shared values - it can matter much more than compatible Socionics relationship types.

    So are you going to stay until he does something really despicable or hurtful or discounting or disrespectful? Or, since all the signs are there that this is not good, would you consider "time off" to think? Give it a good long time off. A month or two, at least. If he really loves you, he will be there - and new and improved, if he has any good in him. Then give yourself a LOT of quiet. That's how you hear Gods voice - you need quiet, because He comes in the still and speaks to your heart. If you wait, He will come. So get rid of noise and distractions, music, TV - with a purpose of waiting on God. If this is too hard for you, then purposefully carve out an hour of quiet each day for a set time. If you ask God - should I stay or go? - He will tell you, and you will have both peace and sureness of what to do. Seek, and you will find. God says if any of you seek wisdom, he will pour it out in great measure. So ask for wisdom. You will get it.

    Try it for 9 days. That's a "novena". The first "novena" was when the apostles waited in the upper room, praying, for 9 days after the ascension of Jesus. Since then Christians have practiced 9-day Novenas, for important prayer intentions. Personally I would invite Mary to pray with me - the Blessed Mother prayed with the Apostles. And one of her titles is, "Seat of Wisdom".

    [Who is that, seated on the lap of the Blessed Mother? http://puzzles-games.eu/data/media/8/Christmas-Card-Mary-and-Child-Jesus-Pierre-Mignard.jpg It is Wisdom.]

    I have never prayed a novena without clear results. Just to change it up I have asked different Saints for their prayer assistance in Novena and each time got quick, even miraculous results. The Blessed Mother, St. Jude, and St. Therese the Little Flower are three who helped me in huge times of crisis. The latter promised before her death to "send a shower of roses from Heaven" and when I prayed my Novena asking for her prayer assistance, as countless others have, I not only got my prayer answered, but I got an actual rose delivered to my door.

    So I know Heavenly help works but if that is not comfortable for you just ask God. Wait for his still small voice. Ask in the name of Jesus, Who said, "If you ask for anything in my name, I will give it to you." Seek wisdom, Maritsa, and you will get it. Seek peace, because it won't be easy to step out, and seek the strength to do the right thing when you receive an answer concerning the wisdom you seek. You will get all the help you need. God sees. He knows your struggle. But He needs you to ask, and to listen. Do that and He will not let you down.

    http://blessourfaithgifts.com/images...art/KS-703.jpg
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 08-04-2016 at 05:31 AM.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........


    "Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

    .
    .
    .


  13. #13
    Perennial Wanderer Phantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    TIM
    3w4
    Posts
    157
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    So this is an example. Let's say you become a mechanic, you can't see that in the future you might open a shop or go into business with someone else? That is the potential of a choice in something. For example with one degree you can have many opportunities. Can you see that?
    I don't understand the question. I mean, it's obvious that you can have multiple opportunities with one degree, I think everyone can see that. And if I were to become a mechanic, surely I would at some point consider opening a shop or doing anything to make the most out of my skills? It's ambition. I probably won't be satisfied with a stagnant occupation and look to ascend to the next level.

    Can you imagine the path and where it leads to?
    Well, I have a very vague idea.

    Does anyone else have any insight on my type? Different perspectives and all.

  14. #14
    Perennial Wanderer Phantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    TIM
    3w4
    Posts
    157
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Did another one, in case more information is needed.

    1. Is it worse to fail at something or never attempt it in the first place?

    Fail, at least from my perspective. I know what I'm good at or what's a worthwhile endeavor for me so I don't need to attempt something to judge it. Besides, attempting something only to discover you're not good enough sounds worse to me. A waste of time and resources.

    2. If you could choose just one thing to change about the world, what would it be?
    I don't think I would change anything. I don't really see any prevalent problem with the world right now. Maybe terrorism.

    3. To what extent do you shape your own destiny, and how much is down to fate?
    While I do feel like I can't always do what I want, it's not because of fate or destiny, it's because the circumstances and events in the world don't always align with your wishes and needs. I don''t believe in fate or destiny.

    4. What happens after we die?
    We decompose and live only in the memories of people who knew us.

    5. Should people care more about doing the right thing, or doing things right?
    Doing the right thing. I would even consider the latter to be an insignificant approach.

    6. What one piece of advice would you offer to a newborn infant?
    Nothing. I would let him figure out how to navigate the world on his own.

    7. Where is the line between insanity and creativity?
    When what you do doesn't hurt other people or even yourself.

    8. What is true happiness?
    When everything is going just the way you want? I don't know.

    9. What things hold you back from doing the things that you really want to?
    Circumstances and stability.

    10. What makes you, you?
    Me. Seriously. I can't think of any particular attributes or qualities that define me.

    11. What is the truth?
    What you can verify.

    12. If lying is wrong, are white lies okay?
    Depends on the situation, lol. Things aren't black and white. I can't just make axioms about what's right and wrong. They vary with situations.

    13. How do you know your perceptions are real?
    Because I have common sense and I don't indulge in pointless questions.

    14. What makes a good friend?
    There are no ideal qualities or attributes that make up a good friend. Someone's idea of a good friend might not appeal to someone else. A good friend is someone you can talk freely with, essentially. Someone you trust.

    15. Why do people fear losing things that they do not even have yet?
    I've never related to this so I don't know. Actually, on second thought, I can see where this is coming from. Often, people look forward to acquiring something but fail to do so because of a multitude of reasons. I can see why a person would be anxious about losing something they don't have in that sense.

    16. Who decides what morality is?
    I feel that humans have an innate awareness of what's right and wrong. At least they should. It's implicit.

    17. What is the difference between living and being alive?
    Living is just existing. Being alive is feeling like your life is worth something. The latter has more positive connotations.

    18. Is a “wrong” act okay if nobody ever knows about it?
    Dunno. Maybe give me more information on what kind of act you're talking about?

    19. Is there a reason to life?
    Yes, to make the most out of it.

    20. How do you know that your experience of consciousness is the same as other people’s experience of consciousness?
    Because I talk to people and interact with the world.

    21. What is true strength?
    I don't know.

    22. What is true love?
    Dunno.

    23. Is a family still relevant in the modern world?
    It's definitely on a downward spiral.

    24. What role does honor play in today’s society?
    Dunno.

    25. If money cannot buy happiness, can you ever be truly happy with no money?
    How should I know? My idea of happiness is not universal.

    26. How should people live their lives?
    However they want to.

    27. How much control do you have over your life?
    Not as much as I want.

    28. What is freedom?
    When you can do whatever you want and there are no obstacles or restrictions hindering you.

    29. Isn’t one person’s terrorist another person’s freedom fighter?
    In some cases, I guess. But that doesn't mean the "freedom fighter" can't be a bad person.

    30. Does nature shape our personalities more than nurture?
    Both have an influence over you. I think nature is more influential, though.

    31. What defines you?
    Again, who I am.

    32. What do people strive for after enlightenment?
    Whatever they planned to do after attaining that moment of enlightenment.

    33. Do we have a soul?
    People use it as a metaphor for inner humanity or something of that nature. So when people die, they lose their souls. I don't have anything else to say on the matter. I've never really cared about the concept of having a soul.

    34. What is intelligence?
    Just another useful attribute to have.

    35. Do you make your own decisions, or let others make them for you?
    Implying that you can only do one of them? I prefer to make my own decisions, but I have no problem letting others make them for me if I'm not really concerned about the consequences or implications.

    36. What is reality?
    What a lot of people deny.

    37. Is trust more important than love?
    I guess so?

    38. Is it easier to love or be loved?
    Dunno.

    39. Is it better to love and lose or never to love?
    Not sure.

    40. Do aliens exist?
    I don't know.

  15. #15
    Perennial Wanderer Phantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    TIM
    3w4
    Posts
    157
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ???

  16. #16
    Later, Trolls Gypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    The Shadows
    TIM
    EIE 2w3 So/Sx
    Posts
    109
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Phantom

    Well, this one is different from the one on the other forum. Beta ST is still my opinion, though I'm unsure of SLE-Ti or LSI-Se. Mostly because you seem to dislike Fi but yet, I'm not sure Fe is nuanced enough to be HA. Kind of like me, though, your answers are terse (I blame Se lol) so it's kind of hard to see the levels of your lower functions. On your other questionnaire it seemed like Fi presented more annoyance to you than Ne.

    So, as of right now, SLE-Ti sounds good.
    Sociotype: EIE
    Psyche Yoga: VEFL
    ~~
    Goddess Archetype: Artemis
    Zodiac: Taurus()
    Scorpio() Capricorn (☾)
    Slytherin/Horned Serpent
    Chaotic Good

  17. #17
    Simo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    564
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    Not really a weakness, but people criticize my reticence and what they perceive to be hostility in social situations. I don't adapt to the social atmosphere and do my own thing, I'm very asocial and I'm always giving off an aloof vibe. Lol, I can imagine myself being surrounded by a dark aura. This rubs people off the wrong way, I guess. I don't participate in the group activities, I don't smile for the family photograph sessions, I just don't play along. People have also seen my obstinacy as my weakness. My reluctance to change. I can become an impenetrable fortress at times. I don't budge when someone tells me to do something I don't want, especially if I have my own plans and intentions. I can even become hostile. I confess I feel like a boulder on such occasions.

    Er... nothing, really.
    well this sounds like Fe polr or at least you don't value Fe

    How do you behave around strangers?

    Like a stranger.
    the best answer

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I realize that you need help with Ni. I'm trying to figure out whether you are seeking it or just not good with it. That is is it a DS function or a PoLR
    I don't think so, surely he doesn't seem to have strong Ni but I doubt it is a PoLR or DS

    The type I would choose for you is SLI, but it is based on little information + I didn't give it much thought to be honest

    personally I don't like typing or being typed, what I prefer is if you can select a type for yourself and tell us why do you think it fits you. in this case if your reasoning is flawed or based on wrong understanding hopefully someone can point it out and resolve the misunderstanding

  18. #18
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simo View Post
    well this sounds like Fe polr or at least you don't value Fe


    the best answer



    I don't think so, surely he doesn't seem to have strong Ni but I doubt it is a PoLR or DS

    The type I would choose for you is SLI, but it is based on little information + I didn't give it much thought to be honest

    personally I don't like typing or being typed, what I prefer is if you can select a type for yourself and tell us why do you think it fits you. in this case if your reasoning is flawed or based on wrong understanding hopefully someone can point it out and resolve the misunderstanding
    Yes I agree with you because I did point out that I observed that he's weak in Ne

  19. #19
    Later, Trolls Gypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    The Shadows
    TIM
    EIE 2w3 So/Sx
    Posts
    109
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Phantom

    Honestly, this questionnaire is kind of vague. Not even so much your answers but the questionnaire itself to me doesn't reach any conclusions about information process.

    On your 40Q, I saw a dislike of Fi an Ne, tbh.
    Sociotype: EIE
    Psyche Yoga: VEFL
    ~~
    Goddess Archetype: Artemis
    Zodiac: Taurus()
    Scorpio() Capricorn (☾)
    Slytherin/Horned Serpent
    Chaotic Good

  20. #20
    Perennial Wanderer Phantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    TIM
    3w4
    Posts
    157
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    @Phantom

    Honestly, this questionnaire is kind of vague. Not even so much your answers but the questionnaire itself to me doesn't reach any conclusions about information process.

    On your 40Q, I saw a dislike of Fi an Ne, tbh.
    Could you elaborate on why you think I dislike Fi?

  21. #21
    Later, Trolls Gypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    The Shadows
    TIM
    EIE 2w3 So/Sx
    Posts
    109
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Could you elaborate on why you think I dislike Fi?
    I would have to drag quotes from your other questionnaire, which was posted on the other forum.
    Sociotype: EIE
    Psyche Yoga: VEFL
    ~~
    Goddess Archetype: Artemis
    Zodiac: Taurus()
    Scorpio() Capricorn (☾)
    Slytherin/Horned Serpent
    Chaotic Good

  22. #22
    Simo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    564
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Honestly, this questionnaire is kind of vague. Not even so much your answers but the questionnaire itself to me doesn't reach any conclusions about information process.
    I agree, I think the questionnaire is incomplete and not deep enough, so the one who fill it will need to put lots of details just to cover for the questionnaire limited scope

    but here is my interpretation of what the questionnaire is looking for:

    What isbeauty? What is love?
    Beauty usually is associated with Si whereas love is associated with Fi so byasking you to define both we can see how do you see those two functions andespecially it can give an insight into their dimensionality for example if yourdefinition of one of them seems personal “for me beauty means bla bla bla” thiscan indicate it is one-dimensional function

    I am notexpert on dimensionality so for more information check this:
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/309-Dimensionality-of-Functions-by-Irina-Eglit

    What are your most important values?
    Values are associated with Fi so this question is trying to see if you care ornot (value or don’t value) about Fi and is it easy or difficult to list yourvalues (strong or weak Fi)

    Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (ordon't) those beliefs in the first place?
    Non-sense, I don’t think spiritual/religious beliefs are type related, but Ithink they associate them with Ni

    Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    Power or its manifestations (war and militaries) are associated with Se soagain testing Se


    What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    Your interests andthe topics you had long conversations about are usually related to your egoblock functions, but since different interests can appeal to differentfunctions for different reasons, the why question come to narrow it down

    Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on yourbody?

    Health/medicine and focusing on the body are Si related

    What doyou think of daily chores?
    Not sure but I thinkdaily chores are Si related

    Books orfilms you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    The same as thequestion about long conversations and interests

    What hasmade you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    Not sure

    Where doyou feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    Not sure, if it means in which situations do you feel one with theenvironment/a sense of belonging, then I would say it is trying to get moreinsight about you ego block functions

    What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike aboutyourself?
    Looking for weak functions

    Whathave people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    Looking for strongfunctions

    In what areas of your life would you like help?
    Looking for weak functions that accept help like DS. I don’t think PoLR fitshere as I think people prefer indirect help with it

    Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.

    Not sure

    What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types doyou get along with?
    Looking for insight into which functions do you value or don’t, usually whatyou would like in others is something that you value regardless if it is strongor weak

    How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?

    Looking for insight into your romance style and dual

    If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, whatmeasures would you take, and why?
    Looking for insight into your strong functions (mainly ego) since you wouldusually raise a child in the way you prefer you was raised by

    A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is yourinward and outward reaction?
    Fi-related I think

    Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole?What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    Fe-related

    How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    I think it is checking if your choice of friends and your behaviors around themis Fi or Fe based

    How do you behave around strangers?

    Fe vs Fi too I guess. Not really sure

  23. #23
    Later, Trolls Gypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    The Shadows
    TIM
    EIE 2w3 So/Sx
    Posts
    109
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Simo

    I know what the purpose of the questions are. I just don't think they elicit enough of a response.
    Sociotype: EIE
    Psyche Yoga: VEFL
    ~~
    Goddess Archetype: Artemis
    Zodiac: Taurus()
    Scorpio() Capricorn (☾)
    Slytherin/Horned Serpent
    Chaotic Good

  24. #24
    Simo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    564
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    I know what the purpose of the questions are.
    well I wrote my interpretation of the questions so someone may point out a mistake or misunderstanding

    I just don't think they elicit enough of a response.
    I agree, so why don't you come up with a new questionnaire? or do you know a better questionnaire?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •