Thread: Enneagram Houses

TIM
    IEE-Fi SX/SO 379
    Mentioned
    583 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Enneagram Houses

Requested by @Croissants and Coffee as a response to the Enneagram 5 Houses thread!

1w9
    Perfect and calm. A state of Zen radiates from this home.

1w2
    Ecological and clean-cut. A protective design that places importance on sustainability.

2w1
    Open and adaptive. A residence that provides for comfort and simple aesthetics.

2w3
    Prestigious and cozy. This home has a lot of sophisticated charm to offer.

3w2
    Ambitious and inviting. A high-class mansion that makes both host and visitor feel royal.

3w4
    Grand and dreamy. This splendid house is flamboyant and exudes zeal.

4w3
    Striking and nostalgic. An artful residence that is truly one of a kind.

4w5
    Dark and enigmatic. A house that stands out through its odd mysteries.

6w5
    Quiet and solid. A naturalistic retreat that creates room for work and contemplation.

6w7
    Classic and exciting. A home for both serenity and enjoyment.

7w6
    New-fashioned and promising. A smug house that testifies passion.

7w8
    Daring and modern. A smart place of extremes and special vigor.

8w7
    Challenging and independent. This houseboat was made to be a resilient pioneer.

8w9
    Authoritative and dazzling. A residence that emits an air of dignity.

9w8
    Imaginative and intense. A powerful oasis out of this world.

9w1
    Principled and candid. A statement home created for innovative flourishing.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What a great post! I really enjoyed looking at the various houses, and comparing them to what I like.

FWIW, my enneagram typing is 8w7, 3w2, 6w7, and I would rank the houses above as follows (if price were no object, of course):

First, the "Yes"s:
    7w8 - OK, I'll take it. Where do I sign?
    7w6 - Nice courtyard, nice house. Maybe a bit ostentatious, but if it were hidden on a cul-de-sac, might not be bad. More for my enjoyment of it's beauty than anything else.
    6w7 - This would actually be pretty nice for a second house on a ten acre wooded lot.
    2w1 - This could go on the wooded lot if it is on a hill overlooking a river.
    6w5 - This is an occasional-use cottage. Hopefully you can time-share it with some other people, and work out a schedule for it use.

Next, the not horrible, but not really my choice.
    8w7 - Nice clean lines and the opportunity for adventure (although a sailboat would be better), but much too high maintenance costs.
    1w2 - If I were a professor, maybe. But I'm not, so no.
    1w9 - Easy to clean, but too exposed and a bit too spare.
    2w3 - Nice for a two-week vacation house, but I would not want to live there all the time.

Then there's the "inherited this from your grandmother's crazy sister, and can't sell it because no insulation, bad heating, lead plumbing, primitive electrical, wood rotting, stone in disrepair, roof leaks, wallpaper is peeling, I think something has died in one of the walls, but the odor comes and goes, etc."
    8w9 - see above.

The Grandiose:
    3w4 - won the lottery, will be broke in two years.
    3w2 - won the lottery, will be dead in two years.

The weird and depressed:
    4w3 - I am still able to make a living by selling my uncle's collection of famous people's clothing bits.
    4w5 - I am waiting for the statute of limitations to run out on selling looted Nazi artworks.

And the mentally ill:
    9w1 - My line of Patagonian rain forest health products is doing better than I ever expected.
    9w8 - Drugs. Psychedelics and hallucinogens. You want 'em, I've got 'em. I give them away for free. All you want, man. Bring your friends around. Know any chicks?

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Interesting, these give a pretty good visualization of the types. 7w8 and 8w7 are my favorites.

Impressions:

1w9- Decent I suppose, good for relaxation
    1w2- Not really my ideal but not terrible
    2w1- Nice place to stay in the fall
    2w3: Feels a bit too "Joe Smoe"
    3w2: Fun but way too much for me too handle
    3w4: Ehh naw not my style at all
    4w3: Again not my style
    4w5: Way too depressing and ******-esque
    6w5: Cozy but a tiny bit too isolated and it better have high speed internet
    6w7: Somewhat fun
    7w6: Decent
    7w8: Looks really fun
    8w7: Challenging and enlivening, like it
    8w9: Depressing and bureacratic, no way
    9w8: wtf?
    9w1: Fun I guess?

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked 1w9, 6w5, and 7w8 the most, but I might be mistaking the appeal of the picture for the appeal of the house itself. Eh my taste in houses is just totally undeveloped/missing. I know I like something... But I'm not sure what that is.

Edit: I guess my dream home would be like a modern ski-in and ski-out cabin in the mountains.

I probably could go with something simpler, but this would be pretty sweet:
    http://uncrate.com/stuff/chalet-zermatt-peak/
    Last edited by Contra; 07-26-2016 at 07:05 PM.

TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I like both the 7s the most.
    and 3w2, in spite of tori spelling vibe.

TIM
    IEE-Fi SX/SO 379
    Mentioned
    583 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    What a great post! I really enjoyed looking at the various houses, and comparing them to what I like.

FWIW, my enneagram typing is 8w7, 3w2, 6w7, and I would rank the houses above as follows (if price were no object, of course):

First, the "Yes"s:
    7w8 - OK, I'll take it. Where do I sign?
    7w6 - Nice courtyard, nice house. Maybe a bit ostentatious, but if it were hidden on a cul-de-sac, might not be bad. More for my enjoyment of it's beauty than anything else.
    6w7 - This would actually be pretty nice for a second house on a ten acre wooded lot.
    2w1 - This could go on the wooded lot if it is on a hill overlooking a river.
    6w5 - This is an occasional-use cottage. Hopefully you can time-share it with some other people, and work out a schedule for it use.

Next, the not horrible, but not really my choice.
    8w7 - Nice clean lines and the opportunity for adventure (although a sailboat would be better), but much too high maintenance costs.
    1w2 - If I were a professor, maybe. But I'm not, so no.
    1w9 - Easy to clean, but too exposed and a bit too spare.
    2w3 - Nice for a two-week vacation house, but I would not want to live there all the time.

Then there's the "inherited this from your grandmother's crazy sister, and can't sell it because no insulation, bad heating, lead plumbing, primitive electrical, wood rotting, stone in disrepair, roof leaks, wallpaper is peeling, I think something has died in one of the walls, but the odor comes and goes, etc."
    8w9 - see above.

The Grandiose:
    3w4 - won the lottery, will be broke in two years.
    3w2 - won the lottery, will be dead in two years.

The weird and depressed:
    4w3 - I am still able to make a living by selling my uncle's collection of famous people's clothing bits.
    4w5 - I am waiting for the statute of limitations to run out on selling looted Nazi artworks.

And the mentally ill:
    9w1 - My line of Patagonian rain forest health products is doing better than I ever expected.
    9w8 - Drugs. Psychedelics and hallucinogens. You want 'em, I've got 'em. I give them away for free. All you want, man. Bring your friends around. Know any chicks?
    Your evaluations are hilarious. "If I were a professor, maybe. But I'm not, so no." - I collapsed. Lottery winners indeed. 9w8 was designed by Antoni Gaudí, considered genius and declared a world heritage site, the irony And interesting how perceptions differ, I thought that 7w8 was among the least practical (read: Te-suited) houses because

a) it looks like it actually is in the Patagonian rain forest --> mosquitoes (they will use the water for their larvae) and other dangerous animals, rain, high humidity, heat. I don't want to step into my pool just to find out an alligator in there is very pleased to meet me
    b) that waterfall must be loud and difficult to maintain, I would deactivate it the second I move in. Innovative architects have bad tempers so I'd have to watch out. Although technically... I bought that house, I can do whatever I want with it.
    c) cleaning is a Sisyphean task unless I can hire Spiderman (strongest argument, especially if the budget is smaller and I can't afford a jet to fly in a cleaning squad from Manaus... which would turn out to be a gang that wants to kidnap my SEE either way )
    d) the classic 7w8 is a SLE aka the most qualified to fight off everything listed above

6w7 though... yep

Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

1w9 This is aesthetically pleasing at first glance, but then it feels too claustrophobic and entrapping. The water feels like an unnecessary barrier. I also dislike the colour scheme, and perhaps it feels too exposed.
    1w2 Dull as a cardboard box with matches glued to it. Certainly a house that would be best enjoyed looking out rather than looking in. The house seems to defy gravity in a way I find unsettling.
    2w1 Somewhat tolerable, although half ot it looks like some concrete bunker.
    2w3 Comparatively safe, but too overcomplex in design.
    3w2 Oversized, but somewhat appealing. It does not fit in with my ideals of taste.
    3w4 This is better, but seems about as enjoyable as cake with too much marzipan and too much ornament.
    4w3 This is a bold design with many attrative points, and is to be commended for that.
    4w5 Possibly too dark and enigmatic.
    6w5 A safe design, which means it is easy to adapt to personal taste.
    6w7 Rather boring.
    7w6 Very warm and appealing.
    7w8 An attractive design, with not too much of anything. The arrangement and proportion of the rooms may not be optimal however. I probably considered it too square also.
    8w7 Moderately acceptable. It feels too cut off and claustrophobic for my liking though.
    8w9 This is a pretty nice design, although there are a few minor details I find unappealing or unnecessary.
    9w8 Other than it being too big, a little too loud and ostentatious...and likely to be difficult to maintain, I like it.
    9w1 This house looks like it could be adapted quite well. On the whole, it isn't obviously appealing to me: it doesn't work especially well as a whole. But, I think it would be a house that it would be difficult to get bored with, as you would probably find it hard to remember exactly what it looks like, especially if it is continuously changing.
    EII-Ne
    5w4 or 1w9 Sp/So

TIM
    IEE-Fi SX/SO 379
    Mentioned
    583 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    I liked 1w9, 6w5, and 7w8 the most, but I might be mistaking the appeal of the picture for the appeal of the house itself. Eh my taste in houses is just totally undeveloped/missing. I know I like something... But I'm not sure what that is.

Edit: I guess my dream home would be like a modern ski-in and ski-out cabin in the mountains.

I probably could go with something simpler, but this would be pretty sweet:
    http://uncrate.com/stuff/chalet-zermatt-peak/
    Looked it up (impressive!), seems 3-ish to me.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Looked it up (impressive!), seems 3-ish to me.
    lol, on second thought, it might be a bit too big for my taste. You get the idea though. Interior wise, the house from ex machina can't be beat, imo.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the 7w8, 1w2, 3w2 (it has to be in the right setting, like on mediterranean or californian hills), 6w7 .
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Jeez I like none, too impressive and too much space....

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    sx/sp 468
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I like 7w8 the most, then 3w2, 3w4. 4w3 is too cutesy. 1w9 looks cool but I can't see the entire house and the surroundings. I've seen 9w8 irl, it's cool to see when you're just walking down the street but it doesn't give you anything if you were to live there. No way in hell I'm living in 8w7 since I'm scared of large bodies of water.

The 4w5 fits my personality.

TIM
    IEI-Fe 4-5/6-9 so/sx
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would either live in the 1w2 or 7w6 house (even though i find some of the other houses more aesthetically interesting/pleasing).
    the 1w2 house would be the rational choice, being ecologically sustainable and functional.
    in the 7w6 house i would be the most comfortable (also, i somehow like the smugness of it, lol)

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3w2 would provide me with an Aussie Gold Coast type experience which I know works for myself.
    8w7 fits my childhood or teenage dreams and would be a good alternative if I had never married or at the very least not had children.

1w9 fits my husband especially with that free standing bath.
    2w3 also appeals to him and he likes the inclusion of the ocean behind.

TIM
    ILI ~ 458 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    728 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

Seeing all these houses makes me appreciate what I have. Nothing compares to the energy that I feel in my home. Nothing that I have seen so far would make me want to leave my house. If I won a multimillion dollar lottery I would probably stay here. If I did move it would not be for a new home or the aurora borealis.

"When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about 5w4 and 5w6

Edit: Ah, never mind, I found the 5 houses thread.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    IEE-Fi SX/SO 379
    Mentioned
    583 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The second one though. It also has a nice view

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    The second one though. It also has a nice view
    U mean the number 2. or the greek one?

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Chae what would you say about the types of these two houses? I've had them saved to my house stash for a while.

TIM
    IEE-Fi SX/SO 379
    Mentioned
    583 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yeves View Post
    @Chae what would you say about the types of these two houses? I've had them saved to my house stash for a while.

Sweet! 9w1 and a head center one... 7w6 sounds about right