Thread: What are values? How is an element of metabolism "valued"?

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What are values? How is an element of metabolism "valued"?

and how does it relate to when we call an element of metabolism valued? The easiest way to say it would be that one is preferred and other is not. But what I really is wondering about is when two people of the same quadra come from different upbringings that had specific values come together.

Here is a definition I found:

1. Important and lasting beliefs or ideals shared by the members of a culture about what is good or bad and desirable or undesirable. Values have major influence on a person's behavior and attitude and serve as broad guidelines in all situations. Some common business values are fairness, innovation and community involvement.
    2. The monetary worth of something in areas such as accounting, economics, marketing or mathematics.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ah interesting questions. To me, what constitutes as my values are +Fi and to my Dual it's seeking someone who has +Fi as described here and in my quadrant I believe what is more important on a bigger scope is the Ne. What is Fi plus and ethical values, they are standards in one's pursuit of relationships and principles.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Victor-Gulenko

My dual pair is about these values

+Fi = positive, warm relationships. Psychological factors play a vital role for them. Without recognition of ethical values such as individuality and the uniqueness of others, religion and spirituality, non-interference in others lives, concrete humanism, etc., the stability they strongly desire is hardly possible.

My quadrant as a whole is about this

-Ne  = the unusual, alternative and bizarre. Despite its groundedness, this quadra respects unusual and talented people who offer creative alternative possibilities. The spread of new information is not impeded, no matter how avant-garde it might be. In Delta groups, there occur periodic flashes of sensationalism and spikes of interest centered around original people who put forward alternative ideas of development.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there are 8 functions, 4 of which are valued by a type, and 4 are not so much valued. that's about it.

The types of gamma quadra value Se Fi Te Ni. Only every type uses these functions in a different way. Some use Se Fi and not Te and Ni, and vice versa.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would opposite quadra drive to find what is odd in values of the other while same quadra would drive to find commonalities?

That Fe is valued mean somewhat they take it seriously and want to expand on Fe. Someone who do not value Fe could blame it sometimes for its shortcomings. Would the same happened with the values (as describe in the definition above) of the other person.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Valued functions is where you want the world was better where you want to give support to others and get support from them.
    About non valued people tend to care least, it's not where you get the main pleasure from life.

I also suspect activation of weak unvalued functions disorganises the psyche, provoking depressive states.