Thread: A simple but fine example of SLI-IEE duality (ISTp and ENFp)

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A simple but fine example of SLI-IEE duality (ISTp and ENFp)

As a temp-chef (who can't really cook, but has found his niche anyway), I sometimes have to work at the staff restaurant of Holland's largest airport. One of the regulars I work with over there, an SLI guy from India, always is glad to see me.

So when I arrived this morning at 7 AM, and had changed into my chef's clothing, ready to start work, he said: "Come, let's have a cup of coffee first, there is plenty of time."
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    INTp 5
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you think this represents an SLI IEE duality?
    ----- FarDraft, 2020

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FarDraft View Post
    Why do you think this represents an SLI IEE duality?
    Obviously the example I provided doesn't explain or prove anything to the reader, but I assure you, I experienced the effects of duality. Perhaps one day you yourself will be able to recognize how little, seemingly insignificant things are signs of duality in action.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    Obviously the example I provided doesn't explain or prove anything to the reader, but I assure you, I experienced the effects of duality. Perhaps one day you yourself will be able to recognize how little, seemingly insignificant things are signs of duality in action.
    That's fine and dandy, but you made a thread about this and I assume were trying to commmunicate something to people. So you not explaining what you meant or at least even acknowledging in the OP that it might not make sense to people who weren't there, is a lack of communication on your part to fulfill the claim in the thread title. So you should have expected responses like FarDraft. I would put a disclaimer in OP that people who weren't there might not understand but this felt like duality to you nonetheless. So we can at least understand that it is not meant for us to understand.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    That's fine and dandy, but you made a thread about this and I assume were trying to commmunicate something to people. So you not explaining what you meant or at least even acknowledging in the OP that it might not make sense to people who weren't there, is a lack of communication on your part to fulfill the claim in the thread title. So you should have expected responses like FarDraft. I would put a disclaimer in OP that people who weren't there might not understand but this felt like duality to you nonetheless. So we can at least understand that it is not meant for us to understand.
    You are putting words into my mouth. I never said it cannot be understood, I said that other people do not automatically experience such an event as duality working in practice. What I was trying to communicate, is that duality can work in very simple ways, and this, I think, can be perfectly understood. It is my way of saying: take a look at the small interactions in life, and you might see Socionics effects at work in interactions that might normally pass unnoticed as insignificant.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    You are putting words into my mouth. I never said it cannot be understood, I said that other people do not automatically experience such an event as duality working in practice. What I was trying to communicate, is that duality can work in very simple ways, and this, I think, can be perfectly understood. It is my way of saying: take a look at the small interactions in life, and you might see Socionics effects at work in interactions that might normally pass unnoticed as insignificant.
    Duality is not obvious in the OP.