Thread: Hello

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hello

I've been studying socionics for a few years now (not all that deliberately, mostly as a hobby), figured I'd join this community to help further my understanding of it. It doesn't seem very active but active enough. I used to participate at the PersonalityCafe forum but I don't like how that place is run, not to mention I feel that that MBTT is flawed and not really advancing at all--IIRC even Jung wasn't a fan. I feel that socionics has a real chance of becoming a great tool for assessing and understanding human relationships, just needs some TLC to unify it and present it comprehensibly--so far the closest thing to that is the wikisocion, at least it has unified the knowledge. As far as I and anyone else has been able to determine: I'm a LIE-Ni, though I often wonder and doubt this myself. Perhaps someday I can be confident about it--perhaps someday it will be a science--but even considering perfect knowledge in this vast field, I'm not so certain I can ever truly know myself.

Anyway it's nice to meet you all. Hopefully we can help each other out.

Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ives View Post
    I used to participate at the PersonalityCafe forum but I don't like how that place is run, not to mention I feel that that MBTT is flawed
    It's good if use preferences. Also they had Socionics subsection.

I feel that socionics has a real chance of becoming a great tool for assessing and understanding human relationships
    Socionics is good with explaining why some people are lesser assholes than they look. And why we have more sympathy to some people, even when know not much about them. Partly explains.
    But chance is not high, until Socionics stays at fanboys and speculative gurus level. It needs normal research with good resources spent to have real chance. We dig here in astrology-like stuff, where mostly people disagree with opinions of others when the typology is used on practice.

just needs some TLC to unify it
    It needs experiments to unify. In other case there is no objective base.

the closest thing to that is the wikisocion
    which represents the opinion of its admin. partly doubtful

I'm a LIE-Ni, though I often wonder and doubt this myself
    I doubted in own type until checked it by intertype relations with people near me. You can also create a typing thread
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1096450

perhaps someday it will be a science
    There is a hypothesis by Tatyana Yakubovskaya about quadras epochs. If to take Russian history, may be thought 1917-1989 was beta epoch, now it's gamma until 2061. Delta epoch is time when humanitarian researches may get new rise and with appearing of AI psychcological researches will become much easier. I think what we do now may be used in those times and to give people use from Socionics. Anything befor will stay on the level of astrology sects. Today people in the typology will be old already to that time or will die.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hi welcome we need more LIE so that they can love on our ESI