Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Wes Anderson

He makes movies. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wes_Anderson

What is he?

Interview starts at ~4:20.

I think this interview is good. In it he says it's more a "personality type" that likes his films than a specific demographic. And that type is "outsiders."

"I have a way of filming things and staging them and designing sets. There were times when I thought I should change my approach, but in fact, this is what I like to do. It's sort of like my handwriting as a movie director. And somewhere along the way, I think I've made the decision: I'm going to write in my own handwriting. That's just sort of my way."

"That's the kind of movie that I like to make, where there is an invented reality and the audience is going to go someplace where hopefully they've never been before. The details, that's what the world is made of. "

"I guess when I think about it, one of the things I like to dramatise, and what is sometimes funny, is someone coming unglued. I don't consider myself someone who is making the argument that I support these choices. I just think it can be funny. "

"When I see the first dailies on any movie, I usually feel that I had no idea how this combination of ingredients was going to mix together, what it was going to produce."

"I wouldn't say that I'm particularly bothered or obsessed with detail."

"There's no story if there isn't some conflict. The memorable things are usually not how pulled together everybody is. I think everybody feels lonely and trapped sometimes. I would think it's more or less the norm."

"Anytime I make a movie, I really have absolutely no idea how it's going to go over. I've had the whole range of different kinds of reactions."

"My experience with casting children is that... the whole movie is going to rest on their shoulders, so you have to set aside time and wait for the perfect people to appear."

"I love working with actors. That's what the set really is, for me. It's my time with the actors."
    Last edited by Minde; 07-16-2016 at 04:56 AM. Reason: Adding a few notes
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

omg baeee love his movies <3
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

classic intuitive

yeah maybe iee sure

probably ne
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going with intuitive, too, yes...

I like his style, though it's perhaps a bit harsher than I'd in general prefer. I'm a bit of a pansy, though.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ENTP(?)

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    ENTP(?)
    Why, please? And what other possibilities do you see?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Why, please?
    My main typing method is impressions from nonverbal behavior.

And what other possibilities do you see?
    other N types. other traits are lesser sure

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't watch the vids right now, but the pics and the quotes make me think EIE or ILE.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait, didn't he make The Fantastic Mr. Fox? That film was Alpha.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does his movies seem really static and rational to anyone else? Does that even matter

I've seen him typed SEI before somewhere. I want to say IEE...

I really like his style, too, & movies. Life Aquatic is one of my all time favorites.
    Last edited by Aster; 09-16-2016 at 05:23 PM.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having seen a few of his other movies just recently, I'm inclined to vote for Fi-Te quadra. There's a recurring theme of dramatized "robotic" interpersonal attachments with covert emotional bonding and a considerable lack of Fe.

He still looks like a total goofball from another planet, so I'm endorsing IEE.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've put a lot of thought into his type. What is utterly clear is that he values Si and Ne - his films are highly aesthetic and there is a lot of random silliness, not so much emphasis on plot or weighty, significant themes. I typed him as LII before but I'm not so sure now. I think SEI and IEE are both plausible; he seems to be comfortable talking about relationships (and they are a major theme in his films, especially father-son relationships), but also enjoys a sort of frivolous Fe-based atmosphere to some degree. He describes his process of writing movies as very social and collaborative, which is probably somewhat more Alpha.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ILE

This

I wouldn't say that I'm particularly bothered or obsessed with detail."
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    I've put a lot of thought into his type. What is utterly clear is that he values Si and Ne - his films are highly aesthetic and there is a lot of random silliness, not so much emphasis on plot or weighty, significant themes. I typed him as LII before but I'm not so sure now. I think SEI and IEE are both plausible; he seems to be comfortable talking about relationships (and they are a major theme in his films, especially father-son relationships), but also enjoys a sort of frivolous Fe-based atmosphere to some degree. He describes his process of writing movies as very social and collaborative, which is probably somewhat more Alpha.

From the parts in the video where Jason Schwartzman describes working with Wes Anderson:

"...his enthusiasm for community and for people to be together and have an experience... "

"On set, it's a very small crew... and everyone's just sitting around together... and the whole idea is just to create a feeling of family... and people being together and laughing together, and everyone lives together..."

"He really relates to kids... he's really respectful of young people and their emotions... and never is naive about how complicated their feelings might be."

I think that togetherness, community, family values, inclusiveness, emotional consideration/sensitivity*, etc. would generally be considered to be Delta values.

*this probably rules out ILE.
    Last edited by Park; 09-16-2016 at 11:33 PM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post

From the parts in the video where Jason Schwartzman describes working with Wes Anderson:

"...his enthusiasm for community and for people to be together and have an experience... "

"On set, it's a very small crew... and everyone's just sitting around together... and the whole idea is just to create a feeling of family... and people being together and laughing together, and everyone lives together..."

"He really relates to kids... he's really respectful of young people and their emotions... and never is naive about how complicated their feelings might be."

I think that togetherness, community, family values, inclusiveness, emotional (awareness and) sensitivity*, etc. would generally be considered to be Delta values.

*this probably rules out ILE.
    This is the part from that video that seems most directly relevant to IEE vs SEI: "a need to experience these things and live in them" (like, driving go-karts for example).

"togetherness, community, inclusiveness, feeling of family" is Fe. But of course it isn't going to help distinguish very well. I actually do think Jason Schwartzman is Delta NF though, which may be coloring how he describes him.

edit: some other points:

1. He is often criticized for making the same kind of movie over and over again (which he basically does). This probably points away from strong Ne.
    2. Sometimes his movies (Moonrise Kingdom, Rushmore, Royal Tenenbaums somewhat) involve some kind of overconfident super-genius kid who can do basically anything he puts his mind to. This is sort of an exaggerated ILE archetype.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    This is the part from that video that seems most directly relevant to IEE vs SEI: "a need to experience these things and live in them" (like, driving go-karts for example).
    Ne egos (and especially EPs) are total suckers for Si and "experiencing" sensory things.

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI, sort of reminds me of Lionel Messi.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne egos (and especially EPs) are total suckers for Si and "experiencing" sensory things.
    Yes. It's the most alluring when there's someone else along who can go "this is how it works and how to make it the best" in a non pushy way. Or "it won't kill you, I promise."

...this proclivity has gotten me into trouble a few times...

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha NT leaning introtram. Big indicator (not only) is his closeness with Bill Murry. Murry = dumas.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Murry = Murray
    introtram = introtim
    wacey = dumbass

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Murry = Murray
    introtram = introtim
    wacey = dumbass
    Anderson says paraphrased : I am always in awe and impressed by Bill's ability to work a crowd. He can make anybody laugh. If i need something done or I want everyone to feel included I ask Bill. He can make a crowd of 300 people do something and whenever I need people to do something I get Bill's help.

This is Fe DS/ HA? How else would you explain it? EDit: and this ^ attitude isn't just one isolated comment, its in many, many of his interviews.

Ps gear down with the name calling its uncalled for, lets not make this personal eh?
    Last edited by wacey; 09-17-2016 at 03:19 PM.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTj

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LII and rerminds me of BECK.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wesley Wales Anderson - ENFJ Hamlet?

TIM
    EII Sx/Sp 9w1 (954)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

INFP

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw @Alive's name in the top-level view of the most recent posts, and I was ready to bet all my money that he would say Wes Anderson was IEI.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw @Alive's name in the top-level view of the most recent posts, and I was ready to bet all my money that he would say Wes Anderson was IEI.
    Considering he can't even explain why he self-types as LII, I wouldn't take his typings seriously unless they're very obvious cases. He's not good at dealing with the theory.
    Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.