Thread: I Made a Video. TYPE ME!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    And next time can you shorten that shit into something real?

Where the hell do you see him using force or power, or even perceiving it?
    But did he use force or power? No.

By the way, I talk about how entertaining it is when people fight all the fucking time. AND I cause conflict myself, a.k.a. I use force and power.

Why is wanting a good but short explanation LSE? Maybe I'm SEE wanting something explained by Ni but made effiecent by Te?

I agree he's a perceiver but he's an introverted pierceiver. Can rationals not notice any trends, by the way? And why does perceiving this specific trend make him Se when anyone can do that? That last paragraph is literally nothing like him.

I care a lot about influence too. [begs the question, do other types as well?]

I hate to admit it -- partially because I think it is "bad" -- but I do think about what I can gain from things and people quite often.Me too, except I'm not ashamed. [Question: you later changed this to sometimes...so what is shame and is it type related?]

How can I be a type if I don't relate to it or the people of the type, don't like the people of the type, don't like their dual, and don't relate to the quadra?

For the last time I'm not fucking LSE.

I don't see him trying to influence or impact anything, only making observations, like an Ip.

So.... Let me get this straight..... I have low Fi..... Because I'm "not ashamed"..... Even though, Fi egos are often different and proud about it.... Whereas, someone like my LSE sister.... Who is lower Fi.... And high Si.... Cares about being normal a lot.... Even if she's assertive about her unique opinions....

And you type someone that is so obviously Fe ego as Fi ego because you too are Fe ego and don't understand what Fi really is.

And when I said I'm never ashamed I was exaggerating.
    Eris, thank you for all these really great concerns and questions. Sorry I wasn't able to respond last night. I've written them down and will work on answering them on my pace. *I hope I don't end up in the emergency room, but if I do this would be something fun for me to do* Thanks for being patient.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rogue View Post
    I hate to admit it -- partially because I think it is "bad" -- but I do think about what I can gain from things and people quite often.

I don't want to be seen as heartless. I have a sensitive side too.

I worry that I mistreat people & might manipulate them into taking action that is beneficial for me.
    I will also address why these things are related to both Se and Fi and how they are related to the functions. Thank you for sharing
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    introvert, intuit
    IEI, lesser possible - LII
    Too serious with moments of funny spurs, no Fe and no dramatization exaggeration, no reflection of the person's own inner disruption of stuff. Like my father and the Beskova description his overall attitude here in this atmosphere is one of a a peaceful, benevolent spirit this is why he's so different from @Eris. Eris I feel as though you're typing on a lot of self made stereotypes

Quote Originally Posted by Mallan View Post
    When I've seen Gammas talk in videos, their atmosphere is generally serious and focused on the topic at hand. That's what you strike me as. Based off your answers, reactions, and focus on the video, I will say ESI. Your reactions are subtle while maintaining seriousness throughout the video. Not to mention, you seem reserved communicating your answers. Another thing is you sat up straight throughout the whole video and corrected your posture in a couple of moments you were leaning or tilting your head, which demonstrates a rational type in terms of VI. There are my two cents. xD
    Side note: You seem like a real nice dude.
    Off topic: Will you consider a California meet up in the future?
    -

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Too serious with moments of funny spurs, no Fe and no dramatization exaggeration, no reflection of the person's own inner disruption of stuff. Like my father and the Beskova description his overall attitude here in this atmosphere is one of a a peaceful, benevolent spirit this is why he's so different from @Eris. Eris I feel as though you're typing on a lot of self made stereotypes
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Link to video: https://youtu.be/xzzhKtgyzGQ

Questionnaire: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...stions-Type-Me!

Don't let my energy level overwhelm you.
    Aww, awww, awwww.

Let's go to Agartha!

and then take a trip to the floating city.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought ESE while watching zee video. Possibly SEI. Ne valuing.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

watched video again. Thoughts still haven't changed much, but I could see SEI as more likely than ESE. A large part of this should be figuring out your natural repulsions and attractions toward people so exploring that more deeply may be what you want to do next...

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

not SEI or ESE

edit: na idk

do you always sit this still?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by universe View Post
    not SEI or ESE

edit: na idk

do you always sit this still?
    The chair I was sitting on squeaks if I move. I thought that would annoy the viewers and I was already annoying enough.
    I like to spin in office chairs but I didn't want to distract by making movements.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

The chair I was sitting on squeaks if I move. I thought that would annoy the viewers and I was already annoying enough.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post

Eh that sounds like fun. I would have rather slept in today. I woke up at 6:30 and went to work. WOE IS ME!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@rogue can you tell the different energy that people give off depending on their mood?
    -

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@rogue can you tell the different energy that people give off depending on their mood?
    I wouldn't necessarily call it "energy" because I wouldn't want to risk being unclear or seeming mystic when in reality another person's emotional state can be surmised by their attitude toward me and body language. [I predict that you will use the previous statement as further evidence toward me being Se ego because I mentioned something more concrete]

I might notice other's emotions but I am more reticent and don't always try and solve their issues. If people are upset, I might just leave. [Partially, this can be attributed to my desire to solve my emotions on my own. I don't want to get others involved in my negative feelings. I do my best to sort through it and solve it on my own. Therefore, I treat others as I would want to be treated when not feeling emotionally well.]

I previously thought that I was a logician that utilized intuition to determine the mood of others. I am doubtful of that now though.

[IMO I sound stuck up in this post but I won't change it for typing purposes]
    Last edited by rougerogue; 07-15-2016 at 06:25 PM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You kind of struck me as an EJ

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    You VI and come across as totally ethical (where the ILI thing was coming from?) I am not sure which one but definitely not ESE and not Delta in my subjective understanding.
    I don't know whether the "(where the ILI thing was coming from?)" thing was rhetorical or not, but I shall answer regardless.

I have had issues determining whether a certain characteristic within myself or others is HIGH and VALUED or LOW and VALUED or something else.
    For example, @inumbra makes these forecasts about future events. I relate to doing a similar thing. I cannot tell though, whether she is doing this out of paranoia and anxiety regarding the future, which I see as being LOW Ni or if she has a healthy grasp of the future and is being funny.
    Te Confusion

Additionally, for quite a while I thought that I was Te ego
    It is manifested as a preference for factual accuracy over ideological consistency, and for objective, "harsh" communication over careful words that avoid a negative atmosphere. A view of the external environment being efficient, reasonable, and making sense is essential to their well-being and sense of inner peace, but they do not feel a pressing need for being proactive or productive themselves in that area.
    While I don't see myself as overly productive and proactive, I thought that it may be different because creative Te is used only to further leading Ni's aims. I do like to save time and be efficient. I will not put my effort into tasks that are unnecessary and extraneous. I would rather read information that is concise and to the point, than watch a video having someone explain something at a snail's pace. [may be unrelated]
    I don't correct other people's errors as often as I'd like to because I don't think it is worth the time. People believe what they believe whether the facts check or not.
    I have a penchant for factual accuracy and can be harsh in communication. Lately, I haven't been harsh on this site -- at least I don't think I have -- but I am more cold IRL.

That is manifested as a skepticism and dislike for basing your beliefs, arguments, and actions on external sources of information. For instance, a SEI will rather trust the expertise of someone who seems to have hands-on experience, even if limited, than of someone who demonstrates to have read many books on the same subject. IEIs will base their opinions and views on their own personal insights and be, again, skeptical of "second-hand" factual information that contradicts it. "Don't trust everything you read" is a typical sneer of this function, especially when applied to sources of information otherwise seen as neutral and reliable, such as encyclopedias and handbooks. Another manifestation is a dislike for dealing with issues involving efficiency, productivity, and factual accuracy of statements made; statements are made according to input from other functions, not from double-checks against external facts which are seen as of lesser relevance to the issue at hand. Types with this function lack confidence in their ability to find relevant information in outside sources.

I have mainly looked at function descriptions for IEI and ILI because I was rather confident about being Ni lead for some time. I am more likely to trust what I read. My mother thinks I am gullible, but I think she is close minded and unwilling to see alternate perspectives but I recognize that her mind words differently than mine. I don't want to elaborate on my mother any further because I think it's extraneous. I trust encyclopedias and dictionaries because they're the closest things to facts that we have.
    The definition of "fact" isn't even what most people think it is.
    Science is not infallible. Researchers attempt to produce results that are telling about reality but these findings can be proven wrong by further findings. [At this point, I'm just word vomiting.
    LOL though that I was looking for sources to prove my point but couldn't find anything.

For ESI
    The individual periodically needs outside advice of how a situation will develop into the future in order to know when and how to proceed. The individual takes actions without proper evaluations of their consequences which he is faced with later. As a result he becomes more cautious and attempts to slow down, but by himself he poorly sees when it's necessary to do so and when it is needed to proceed further, and thus can end up wasting his time and powers or creating undesirable result for himself. Without an outside reassurance and evaluation of his actions, encouragement when it is beneficial to proceed further (ESI) or which actions can lead to negative outcomes (LSI), the individual is inclined to either try to remain inactive and miss good opportunities or act immediately and sometimes impulsively in inopportune moments

I am not impulsive. I think about the future implications of my decisions often and I think that helps me stay out of trouble. I place little value in short term efforts. I have no desire to "get rich quick".
    Do you detect Ni in people rather quickly?

I will edit this because right now it is a mess.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

thats why i think rational^

look up EII

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's part of my sense of humor @rogue and i don't think it's important. it's not even necessarily related to Ni.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    it's part of my sense of humor @rogue and i don't think it's important. it's not even necessarily related to Ni.
    I apologize if I made you feel uncomfortable. That just came to my mind when I thought about my issue with assessing functions.
    Perhaps I have a poor understanding of Ni and that is why I thought that.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's fine. i'm fine. no probs.

TIM
    Ne EII
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, @rogue, I promised you typing but I can't offer much except that my first guess would be Fi-ego and if not that, then Si. (that's half of all the sociotypes, yey me)
    I call myself batyote and I fight crime at night.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by malna View Post
    Sorry, @rogue, I promised you typing but I can't offer much except that my first guess would be Fi-ego and if not that, then Si. (that's half of all the sociotypes, yey me)

Thanks for your input!

TIM
    LiL-Tee
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESI

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Maritsa doesn't rogue's video seem closer to this SEI picture to you? The profile description matches.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ile-by-Gulenko

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yeves View Post
    @Maritsa doesn't rogue's video seem closer to this SEI picture to you? The profile description matches.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ile-by-Gulenko
    Finally someone with half a brain.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Finally someone with half a brain.
    Bled! don't support her typing of SEI.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bled! don't support her typing of SEI.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by universe View Post
    thats why i think rational^

look up EII
    I will look at profiles, however I don't think I'm "principled and morally developed". If I am, it isn't something that I take pride in.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI. I can see why some people would say ESI, but even though the OP is not very expressive, there is a clear emotional foundation (Fe) in his appearance. I think his SEI-ness will clearly show in a video where he would be interacting with someone else.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    SEI. I can see why some people would say ESI, but even though the OP is not very expressive, there is a clear emotional foundation (Fe) in his appearance. I think his SEI-ness will clearly show in a video where he would be interacting with someone else.
    Thank you for your response.
    What made you think SEI over IEI?

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I myself (IEE) enter into relationships with SEIs pretty easily, so of all types, I understand them very well. To me it was just an unmistakable impression at first sight, based on feelings of transference, and IEI was never even considered.

But after the fact I can say that you have this vibe typical of SEIs, which means they radiate some kind of kindness, gentleness, friendliness and above all, an air of being refreshingly uncomplicated and grounded, even though SEIs can sometimes have this vibe of not being quite there (very much like IEIs). This is decidedly different from IEIs, which have a clear 'heaviness' to them, even the less intelligent, shallow ones.

Note that I did not listen to content of your video, words are quite meaningless, typing someone from a video is best restricted to taking note of non-verbal aspects. To say something about your type from how you behave, can only be decided upon by real life observations over a longer period of time.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yeves View Post
    Maritsa
    No I don't hear HEAR any Si at all
    -

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No I don't hear HEAR any Si at all
    First of all, you, as a self-claimed EII, are by definition deaf to Si, so no wonder you do not hear it.

Secondly, Si is something SLIs and SEIs do, and usually keep to themselves instead of communicating it, to them Si is not a contact functions. To spot an SEI, you need to observe them when they are more or less alone, and when they are socially interacting. In the difference between these two situations you will be able to tell what the creative function is.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

First of all, you, as a self-claimed EII, are by definition deaf to Si, so no wonder you do not hear it.

Secondly, Si is something SLIs and SEIs do, and usually keep to themselves instead of communicating it, to them Si is not a contact functions. To spot an SEI, you need to observe them when they are more or less alone, and when they are socially interacting. In the difference between these two situations you will be able to tell what the creative function is.
    -

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, bitch, just sit back and relax and learn something for a change...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yeah, bitch, just sit back and relax and learn something for a change...
    From you? please
    -

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From you? please
    You're right, how stupid of me to believe you are intelligent enough to learn something from me. Or anyone else for that matter...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You're right, how stupid of me to believe you are intelligent enough to learn something from me. Or anyone else for that matter...
    Not from the way that you talk to me
    -

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not from the way that you talk to me
    Not in any way. If we can say something about you, is that in none of your over 21,000 posts on this forum (I repeat: over TWENTY ONE THOUSAND posts), you have contributed anything to the understanding of types and Socionics.

My prediction for the future: in your next 21,000 posts you will not contribute anything either.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Not in any way. If we can say something about you, is that in none of your over 21,000 posts on this forum (I repeat: over TWENTY ONE THOUSAND posts), you have contributed anything to the understanding of types and Socionics.

My prediction for the future: in your next 21,000 posts you will not contribute anything either.
    i hope that your prediction manifests in reality so that you can be happy
    -

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i hope that your prediction manifests in reality so that you can be happy
    I don't think so. Having to scroll past those 21,000 posts of yours is causing my mouse's scroll wheel to wear out prematurely.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast