Thread: Your work values

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    More importantly do you like to set your own time and work pace?
    Preferably yes

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I think most people prefer to work in their own pace regardless of j or p. I have trouble with people telling me to do this now because otherwise I'll NEVER be able to finish it etc. While in reality I always do get it to work in time, I know when I really *have to*, regardless of what other people say.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    What Persephone said mostly related to disliking acting by plans. Not about personal pressure.

Personal pressure on work relates to will power (Se) and subordination (Ti). EII (INFJ) don't like when are forced to do something in such style. They get better polite explanations why something is needed. While INFP like authoritarianism and accept ok voluntaristics shouts "do it", supported by disciplinary threats.
    What do I like as an EII. I like someone who hands me the job and expects that I will get it done as in has full trust in me. I do my job slowly and patiently but well. That's called being diligent. Also if there's a deadline I do my job by that deadline. Can I set my own hours? Yes if the job is big there will be some kind of rationing of time in an even manner like 4 hours a day or 2, I prefer not too many hours a day because I do get tired. About being forced to do things, I've never been so at work. At home, my LSE cousin has gotten really stressed out about the limited time and has screamed out at my ESE cousin for not working fast enough and not concentrating on her work and if I were to get screamed at I would simply apologize for my lack of attention to my work and say that I will work on such and such right away. That is being responsive to pressure and control.

I think I'm being very polite
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 07-26-2016 at 01:43 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

No I don't work better when someone is barking at me. As for people's own pace, there are definitely people who work better in a team project or according to a precise schedule in my company.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This is beyond interesting. Makes a lot of sense now that I see it. I expected entrepreneurial creativity but status seems to be such an unconscious drive that I take it for granted. My overall results seem very extroverted and LIE-Te. ILI values (security, independence, competence) are kind of unimportant here. I need verification through another similar psychological test, I try to find one.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This is not how I normally think of myself, but it is what the test said:

Adam's Work Ethics - Power Status Indep. Soc. Rel. Wealth Compet. Service. Creat. Secur.jpg

Valued Functions:
    Power, status, independence

Adam's Work Ethic - Explanation_01.jpg

Unvalued Functions:

Adam's Work Ethic - Explanation_02.jpg

Security = 0%. Nice.
    It is interesting that I don't appear to value security that much, but I nevertheless have some. I believe it is necessary to have sufficient resources so you can make independent decisions, but beyond that, nah...

I just realized that the test probably measures security in terms of a pension or job guarantees, but that is not how I think of security. To me, security is having some close relationships, and after that, many contacts. So this test might be a bit misleading.

The "Power" thing is weird, too. I'm very sensitive to power for some reason, particularly its potential for abuse, but I don't think I actually have much power. I am more interested in not being subject to someone else's power, and what I prefer to do is to guide or suggest things. People have to be free to make up their own minds, because everyone gets better outcomes that way.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 09-14-2016 at 01:39 AM.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first try: competence, independence, security
    second: creativity, competence, independence

i scored medium on service but low on social relations- guess my preferred bonding is working together to contribute rather than chat.
    i also scored high/medium on security but low on wealth- seems to be more about having a steady income stream for the sake of autonomy/creativity than living luxuriously.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

This pretty much shows how my first instinct is Social.

Soc. Rel.-Compet.-Creat.-Indep.-Power-Status-Secur.-Service.-Wealth.png
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    It's interesting to observe that self typed deltas value service a lot.
    Seems like service is somewhat related to valuing.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12