Thread: ENTPs snapping out of the dream fog

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ENTPs snapping out of the dream fog

For a very long time I was extremely driven. Then after an 8 year career and basically getting harassed out of a job I find that to cope, I retreated to that intuitive side of my brain.

I'm far more disconnected with my environment than I ever was before. I find its EXTREMELY difficult to deal with any day to day tasks (thank god I have a roomie who seems to love this stuff).

I've always been somewhat disconnected from my environment but until all this stuff happened, I did actually manage to cope much better with mundane things and detailed work.

Now, my intuitive skills have shot up but they are doing me absolutely no good (except for giving great insights into human behavior on internet forums).

In the past, I've always been in some kind of relationship which forces me out of that dreamy world and back into reality. Without that, I'm having a bit of a difficult time accomplishing things I know should be a snap for me (even if a little mundane).

Any NT advice on how to motivate myself back more to the real world?
    Polly
    ENTp

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exercise and eat well.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You forgot quit smoking and drink lots of water
    Polly
    ENTp

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know exactly what you're talking about Pol. I go through periods like that myself.

The only 2 things that have worked for me are forcing myself or finding motivation from somewhere.

I need a secretary and a personal assistant, wtf lol.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: ENTPs snapping out of the dream fog

Quote Originally Posted by Polly
    Any NT advice on how to motivate myself back more to the real world?
    There are horrible things out there in the reality, stay in the wonderland.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Finding motivation from elsewhere

See that's my biggest thing, its my spouse that gives me that motivation usually. If I screw up, they suffer. That is enough of a motivation for me. If I screw up, and I suffer....that provides no motivation.

Why the hell can't ENTPs get motivated for themselves? Its like I can move mountains if I have someone else to do it for but can barely tie my own shoes if its something just for me.
    Polly
    ENTp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Polly
    Re: Finding motivation from elsewhere

See that's my biggest thing, its my spouse that gives me that motivation usually. If I screw up, they suffer. That is enough of a motivation for me. If I screw up, and I suffer....that provides no motivation.

Why the hell can't ENTPs get motivated for themselves? Its like I can move mountains if I have someone else to do it for but can barely tie my own shoes if its something just for me.
    I guess you really need a natural leader INTJ to control you. because intjs are the good at tell people what to do.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

because intjs are the good at tell people what to do.
    Hahaha but will I actually listen? lol

That actually sounded a bit like control. I can actually really motivate myself for my partner but not because he's telling me what to do....actually that might have the reverse affect.

But if I love them, that's a huge motivator for me because I don't want to lose their respect and want to be contributing to making them happy.

If its for someone else, I actually know what to do. Its only when it has to with me as an individual that I run into issues.
    Polly
    ENTp

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess you really need a natural leader INTJ to control you. because intjs are the good at tell people what to do.
    What?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Polly. For some reason you sound a LOT like me in this thread. The first post has some striking similarities as well as the "RE: ..." post. I wonder if it is the taking over or what. We shouldn't be functionally very similar other than we possibly share in Ego-Block.

Edit: unless of course I'm ENTp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not really sure XoX, maybe its the way intuitives withdrawal or something. We disconnect from that sensing environment.

I dated an INFJ (MBTI) for 2 years (friends for 5 previously). There were definate similarities in the way we thought. Its actually what made it a little painful at times because we'd be getting each other on such a deep level then WHAM misunderstanding.

Most could have been avoided though if he didn't project how he thought on to me. Like if didn't see the logic in an opinion, he'd accuse me of letting my feelings get too involved.

That's something an INFJ would do more so than me. If anything, I have an extremely difficult time involving my feelings in my thought processes and its something I work on after coming to realize the way "I feel" is sometimes important too.

Another big difference was how he could completely side track me away from a real problem by placing a little logic problem in my path. He didn't realize that by doing this, he was preventing me from dealing with issues. He would have just ignored the logic problem and dealt with the issue.

I'd deal with all kinds of things, but never the real issues. Then later I'd be all depressed because I'd realized that is what had happened.

We definately had communication issues. The reason we tried so hard though was because we both admired and respected each other. Had we stayed friends we probably would have been friends for life. We had very similar views and felt like very kindrid spirits. It's why when things went really really bad we both stayed in the relationship far too long.

I think ENTPs and INFJs actually make very good friends. We get deep
    Polly
    ENTp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting answer. I have some problems connecting deeply with people.

I can get a speechless connection with some ESTps but it is not very deep. Just interesting in that you need no words and you still connect. The eye contact becomes very important there. You can talk with your eyes sort of

Then I remember getting deep mental connections with one INTj but it rarely lasts that long. But the moments when we do connect are really really deep.
    It is probably one of the deepest connections ever.

I connect with ESTjs too but it is not that deep really (but stable connection). I think with ISFps there is somekind of speechless connection like with ESTps but the eye contact is missing. It is more like a "feeling" level connection.

And with INTps I always have an interesting relation. Not that I know many. Two at least. And haven't seem them lately. One was very goofy and had similar problems than I did. I guess we connected on the problem level, heh.