Thread: Member Questionnaire (tryingtodobetter)

2 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

Default Member Questionnaire (tryingtodobetter)

Member Questionnaire 1 (tryingtodobetter)
    What is beauty? What is love?
    Beauty is subjective. Plato defined it as proportional symmetry. Beauty can be defined by cultures and by individual personal preference. I think love plays a factor in what people deem to be beautiful as well. Love is something we chose to believe in; it's a feeling we get when neurochemicals rush through our bodies.
    What are your most important values?
    Honesty and loyalty.
    Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    Yes because I think life is too beautiful to not how a higher power in control
    Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    What do you think of daily chores?
    Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    I'm stubborn and headstrong. Takes a lot of convincing for me to be open to new people. I've also gotten that I'm dramatic and either sensitive or imsensitive. The thing I dislike about myself currently is that I have a hard time finding balance. I'm either 0 or 100 there's no in between and I don't like being in between knowing that I could do so much better.
    What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    People see me as the smart girl with a 4.0, talented, and good looking.They say I'm very outspoken, if there's something that needs to be said count on me to say it. Only thing that I like about myself is that I'm able to focus on one thing I feel passionately about.
    In what areas of your life would you like help?
    I'd like help in knowing how to handle emotions. Currently I'm going through this phase where I can't handle my own emotions so I'll just isolate myself from everyone else so that I don't have to be a burden. In addition, I do that do I don't have to balance anyone else's emotions because quite frankly I can't even handle my own right now.
    Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    I like the people who don't care. Who can just go with the flow, they're so cool to me. What I dislike most about people is when they say they can't do something because of x,y,z. I think there's always a way, and if you can't find one you have to make one.
    How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    WHAT ARE THOOOOOOOSE? Lol. I think that shows my lack of emotional growth. I think romance is something people feel pressured to do by society especially when I'm dating. They say and do everything right just to manipulate you into thinking they're we one for you. That's why for the most part I just like to have friends before relationships so I can know them for them. I'd want someone who is patient and considerate. Someone who knows that if we're dating we're no longer individuals we're a team.
    If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    My main concern would be their success. I don't care if my child wants to be a better be the best damn stripper in town. My main concern would be upholding their name and being true to themselves. Treat people how they'd want to be treated.
    A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    Well depends on the seriousness of it.. If it were serious I'd just make a mental note that they think differently, ask them why and try my best to understand. Then I'd most likely think later "so this is why they". Outwardly I'd most likely go quiet.
    Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    My perspective on society is cynical "survival of the fittest" We all do things because of self-interest. But to speak positively I honestly think we're all just trying to live our lives. Biggest problem I think we have a society right now is colorism.
    How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    I chose my close friends by the things I think I can learn from them that I lack. When I'm around them I just try to be authentic and 100% myself so that they can feel comfortable too.
    How do you behave around strangers?
    Respectable and distant. I just try my best to make eye contact and make them feel like they're being heard.

Los Angeles, CA
    EII INFj
    477 Post(s)
    6 Thread(s)

Lack Fi
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:

Midwest, USA
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    83 Post(s)
    1 Thread(s)

Hi, Tryingtodobetter.
    Welcome to the16types. You self-type as an ENTj female, and in truth, your answers above remind me of myself before I was 25.

If it turns out that you are, indeed, an ENTj (and I'm not saying you aren't. I'm just leaving that possibility open, because I don't completely trust first impressions, even though valuing honesty and loyalty is Fi dual-seeking), then let me say that you are extremely lucky to have stumbled across this site. If I had done so when I was 22 or so, I could have avoided a lot of major life-related mistakes. There is a lot of information here which can help you sort out your impressions of other people. You can also discover which of your character traits belong to ENTj's, and which belong to you alone. Also, those things that you secretly hate about yourself? They are probably ENTj strengths.

Speaking from experience, being an ENTj is difficult from several standpoints, and being an ENTj female is even tougher. The main problem, as I see it, is that the ENTj, or LIE, type, is extremely rare. Males are around 2% of the population, females are around 1%. This means that you will almost never find someone who thinks at all like you do. Basically, 99% of the population operates very differently from you. If you've ever felt like you were dropped here from Mars, this is why. This can cause you to doubt yourself, since nearly everyone is more than willing to tell you that you are "doing it wrong", or that your thinking on some subject is completely messed up. For that reason, most young ENTj's act like introverts, avoid human interactions, consider themselves assholes for not fitting in, and concentrate on mastering facts and extremely difficult subjects for the first 25-30 years. This keeps us far from the crazies.
    The good news is that, around age 25, all of this changes, and we become extroverts who are often very well-suited to business. By then, we have learned how to appear to fit in, and how to play and master the game.

The other advice I would give is to look at descriptions of inter-type relationships on this site. I find that Stratiyevskaya is particularly good, most of the time, since she is considered to be an ESI and our dual, even though she seems to have had a few bad experiences with LIE's. She has a description of LIE's here:
    and a description of LIE-ESI duality here:
    When reading through her descriptions, bear in mind that she has both the irrationality and deep perception of her type. And don't be put off. I know a few male ESI's irl, and they are great guys.

Enjoy, good luck, and have fun.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 07-10-2016 at 06:19 PM.