Thread: The South Beach Diet

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The South Beach Diet

I went on the South Beach Diet for a few weeks at one point until I decided I didn't have the time or energy to do it anymore at that point. I felt great. I lost weight quickly and had a lot of energy. My mental clarity went up as well. It was sorta hard to eat that many eggs... but towards the end I discovered that I LOVE feta cheese in omlettes, and then it was okay.

Anyways, I'm thinking about going back on the South Beach Diet again. I've gained 20 lbs since Peter's moved in (and he's gained 30 lbs). He's happy with his new weight (he sorta wanted to gain weight), and I don't mind so much except my clothes are no longer fitting me that well. I'm prolly about a size 7 now, and all of my clothes are 3 and 5 for the most part. I refuse to buy bigger clothes... that's how people end up gaining 50 lbs... and I have a bit more money to live a healthier lifestyle right now. I'm thinking maybe I should get into a routine... get up, eat a South Beach breakfast, take the dogs for a walk, feed the dogs, work, and then do something that involes... not a keyboard (besides going to the grocery store and stuff like that)... for an hour or two every night. I would also like to start meditating and yoga again.

The main problem is that I'd have to start getting to sleep by like 11 every night instead of 1... is it worth it? It sorta remains to be seen...
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I knew and INTp lady who only slept about 4.5 hours a night, and always had plenty of energy.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do it. It's always a good idea to do something that's good for your health, even if you don't think you're motivated enough to go through with it. You have to at least try
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I lost 30 pounds by eating 3 meals a day, decreasing portion sizes, and eliminating simple carbs. And walking. Kept it off, too, till I got Graves disease, then I gained 10 back. But I'm determined to lose them again. And it will be easier now that dipshit is out of the house.

Go for it!! Here comes the bulgar wheat, whole wheat pasta, quinoa, millet, and short grain brown rice.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're doing the South Beach diet, at my husband's insistance. I hate it. No, that's not true. The first two weeks sucked but it's not that big a deal now. I'm losing weight very slowly, but I don't have much to lose and I guess that's the way it works in that case. My husband cheats.

Good luck!
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I decided to do it while I was driving to my inspection today. The only problem I ever have with sticking to diets is the extra effort required. I hate having to put any effort into eating, and the extra effort needed to eat healthy just seems ridiculous. But yeah... it's time for a lifestyle change. The South Beach Diet will be the easy part of it. Getting to bed by 10 or 11... that's another story.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The South Beach Diet

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I went on the South Beach Diet for a few weeks at one point until I decided I didn't have the time or energy to do it anymore at that point. I felt great. I lost weight quickly and had a lot of energy. My mental clarity went up as well. It was sorta hard to eat that many eggs... but towards the end I discovered that I LOVE feta cheese in omlettes, and then it was okay.

Anyways, I'm thinking about going back on the South Beach Diet again. I've gained 20 lbs since Peter's moved in (and he's gained 30 lbs). He's happy with his new weight (he sorta wanted to gain weight), and I don't mind so much except my clothes are no longer fitting me that well. I'm prolly about a size 7 now, and all of my clothes are 3 and 5 for the most part. I refuse to buy bigger clothes... that's how people end up gaining 50 lbs... and I have a bit more money to live a healthier lifestyle right now. I'm thinking maybe I should get into a routine... get up, eat a South Beach breakfast, take the dogs for a walk, feed the dogs, work, and then do something that involes... not a keyboard (besides going to the grocery store and stuff like that)... for an hour or two every night. I would also like to start meditating and yoga again.

The main problem is that I'd have to start getting to sleep by like 11 every night instead of 1... is it worth it? It sorta remains to be seen...
    I did it for a while, as well, and like you I lost weight. And like you, I got tired of it and I ran out of energy...
    I'd like to start it up again too, tell me how it goes

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm thinking of setting a date
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried it too. I even have the book. I cheated the whole way. I cheated from day one. LOL. It was just like little bits of carbs. I want to start it again but I been enjoying eating anything I want and am reluctant to give that up and if I feel reluctant, I know I wouldn't last. Anyway, within like two weeks, I lost about four/five pounds which isn't much and I probably gained all that back. It's healthy to lose two pounds a week but don't a lot of people lose like 8-12 pounds?
    INFP

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A nice 40-30-30 with caloric intake<caloric expenditure is all people need
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer
    I tried it too. I even have the book. I cheated the whole way. I cheated from day one. LOL. It was just like little bits of carbs. I want to start it again but I been enjoying eating anything I want and am reluctant to give that up and if I feel reluctant, I know I wouldn't last. Anyway, within like two weeks, I lost about four/five pounds which isn't much and I probably gained all that back. It's healthy to lose two pounds a week but don't a lot of people lose like 8-12 pounds?
    Yeah, but I don't think it's unhealthy for that diet. Losing 8-12 lbs in 2 weeks and then one or two lbs a week after that isn't bad.
    SEE

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Diets don't work. You need to exercise regularly and eat in proportion. It's simple.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, exercise is important, but the south beach diet *does* work.
    SEE

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo
    Diets don't work. You need to exercise regularly and eat in proportion. It's simple.
    We agree! Amazing!

Actually there are several reasons why I don't believe in "diets". People don't start out as over eaters / unhealthy eaters. We are drawn to what we need and how much of it we need to eat biologically. Exorcise burns off the calories while still giving us the complete nutritional value of what we have eaten. Dieting disrupts this pattern and slows down metabolism.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Catholic Schoolboy
    Amazing!
    Not really. We are very similar in nature and understand each other well (...except over the internet ).

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It amazes me to think about the concept of "exercise"... not long ago, such a concept would have been ridiculous to most people. The only people who were fat were wealthy, and it was considered attractive. Pale skin was also attractive. Now people think that tan skinny people are attractive... people who would look like peasants in another time.
    SEE

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exercise could mean physical activity.

Lossing weight really should not be about looking good though. Being overweight simply isn't healthy.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    It amazes me to think about the concept of "exercise"... not long ago, such a concept would have been ridiculous to most people. The only people who were fat were wealthy, and it was considered attractive. Pale skin was also attractive. Now people think that tan skinny people are attractive... people who would look like peasants in another time.
    Who cares? Tan girls are hot, period, who cares about what it was good in the fucking past?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if health is the only issue, there's really no reason for me to loose weight
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

an Indian man told me that most Indian men like pale women and Indian women like black men
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Catholic Schoolboy
    Exorcise burns off the calories
    :erforms an exorcism::
    :rops 20 lbs::
    Woohoo!!

I do agree with Catholic Schoolboy and Hugo - moderate exercise (I walk to work) and portion control (essentially just paying attention to calories (less than 2000 a day) are very effective. I've gotten rid of 60 lbs so far, and am still decreasing

@Joy:
    Well, not everyone prefers tanned skin over pale (e.g., me). Take a look at the goth culture and you'll find pale is very much 'in'.
    INTp

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dreikin
    I do agree with Catholic Schoolboy and Hugo - moderate exercise (I walk to work) and portion control (essentially just paying attention to calories (less than 2000 a day) are very effective.
    and i agree with all three of you. generally just staying away from things you know are bad for you and have zero nutritional value works pretty well. like, no little debbies for breakfast. juice/eggs/whatever, but not fat deep fried in fat. K.I.S.S. works again.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A girl who is pale who pulls it off well is usually, IMO, much more attractive than any tan girl.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    Quote Originally Posted by dreikin
    I do agree with Catholic Schoolboy and Hugo - moderate exercise (I walk to work) and portion control (essentially just paying attention to calories (less than 2000 a day) are very effective.
    and i agree with all three of you. generally just staying away from things you know are bad for you and have zero nutritional value works pretty well. like, no little debbies for breakfast. juice/eggs/whatever, but not fat deep fried in fat. K.I.S.S. works again.
    If you are a woman you shouldn't eat more than around 2000 or so calories. A man should not eat more than around 2500 - 3000 or so calories (because of their physiology, men tend to naturally need more calories than women do)

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall
    Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    A girl who is pale who pulls it off well is usually, IMO, much more attractive than any tan girl.
    Agreed.
    Personal preference. I tend to like tan girls because usually pale ones do not like beaches/sun/hot etc, and since I like those things immensely, I could nto be able to share them with a pale girl.

Creepy-pokeball

Yeah there is nothing worse than wanting to go out and have fun with someone and theyre whining about the sun or tiny bugs like theyre the most fragile thing on the earth.

Creepy-pokeball

yeah, fake and bakers are equally lame.

Creepy-Diana

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God, I hate the beach. It's supposed to be fun, but I find it to be a chore. I hate the feeling of sand. I dislike swimming in natural bodies of water, and I hate how loud and fake everything around the beach is.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    I like being outside, and become beautifully. . . freckled
    hahaha, me too... I have dark brown hair but i got the skin of all the red heads in my family. I can't tan at all... My arms get dark but it's just from freckles...lol

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sware I have never tanned in my life ... I just turn a beet red everywhere.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't tan either. I do freckle a little.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it starts tomorrow
    SEE

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no problem... it sucks that I'm going to have to put so much effort into eating though. what a waste of time and energy lol. the energy I'll gain from doing it will more than compensate though.

To be perfectly honest, this really isn't about my weight... it's about avoiding having to get a breast reduction and avoiding diabetes and preventing alcohol cravings and getting rid of fatigue.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I started the South Beach Diet when I woke up this morning. Right now I'm feeling like a smoker who hasn't had a cigarette in a day.

I was thrilled when I saw South Beach Diet frozen meals at the grocery store today... but I tried one and it was sorta gross. Maybe the other kinds won't be so bad.

I went to sign up for the gym right by my house, but they wanted a 2 year commitment... fuck that. If it was 6 months I would have done it. If it was a year I would have considered it but prolly wouldn't have done it. It was sorta funny... the owner of the gym told me that I don't need to lose weight.

My main incentive to go through with this lifestyle change isn't the weight loss, it's the energy. I have always had issues with fatigue, but I felt better when I was on the south beach diet before... until I was too lazy and busy to eat the proper foods and ended up just not eating enough and then deciding that I didn't have the time or money to continue with it and didn't feel like putting forth the effort. I went the adderall route instead.
    SEE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast