View Poll Results: what is her socionics type?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

1 20.00%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

1 20.00%
  • LSI (ISTj)

0 0%
  • SEE (ESFp)

0 0%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

1 20.00%
  • ESI (ISFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

1 20.00%
  • LSE (ESTj)

1 20.00%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gillian Anderson

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Care to explain?
    PoLR is something that should be found out by looking at a larger scale thing, not just from one sentence in one moment. That's the only "Ni PoLR" kinda thing I've heard her say and I don't think she was being serious either. You have to look at a lot of things that she's said and done over time.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    PoLR is something that should be found out by looking at a larger scale thing, not just from one sentence in one moment. That's the only "Ni PoLR" kinda thing I've heard her say and I don't think she was being serious either. You have to look at a lot of things that she's said and done over time.
    Mmmh. Exactly, now we're talking. Hence, we require further actual input from her oeuvre.
    Recap. The distinct arguments for your LIE proposal are the affective component (ad hominem, you'll see why) you experience - trusting your sx antenna and correct typing of yourself, that's very valuable. And: Ni creative = groundbreaking, which, in this case, needs to be fleshed out with biography details to make this theory tangible. A supposed Gamma anti-stupidity agenda (why not love stupidity... without it, we'd never know intelligence) not so much, that roots in your process of identification with/appreciation for her (partly linguistic) attitude, which can be found all across the Socion. Very well, Gamma or Delta seems to be the common verdict, as well as Te valuing. I gathered other videos to our avail, which is not foolproof either yet a try to capture her within different situations, here we go - input is welcome, maybe @Maritsa has come up with something as well in the meantime:

and also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dYiSCFP_9w
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mBQsSVNIYc

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm watching now thank you

She's definitely and extravert (she says way more than she needs to as opposed to short and left to point details) from the first video. The argument for Te is that she drew up a chart of what she learned so far so that she can pursue some sort of organization and completeness whole an Se type would probably not care because it's not have done this.

Argument for LSE it takes her a while to take things in. LSE don't process things fast. They take things in slowly and it sinks in "cool!" ok. She's managing her own emotions. She says "it's a survival mechanism, If I had reacted right away I wonder if I would have internally combust" And she wants to be in control

I'll say now that if she is an LSE from after watching these videos this would be interesting for me because I've never seen this morphological type of LSE before

Ne activation or hidden agenda is also very apparent after this video

LSE final

I'm sorry You watched my update this post a few times because I'm very methodical and process involved and I listen more than watch.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 07-23-2016 at 10:21 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

k I watched all the videos except the 50 minute one and I can see LSE because of how incredibly dry she can be

tho she has very different presentations
    In some photos and videos she's very exciting but in all the interview videos she takes a very understated and serious approach. I mean many people take interviews seriously but the way she goes about it is very Te.

however

"She cemented her "outsider" status still further by dying her hair in outlandish shades, having her nose pierced, and even, at one stage, joining a punk band. Anderson's entries as "Most Bizarre", "Class Clown" and even "Most Likely To Be Arrested" in one of her high school yearbooks says it all. The tempestuous teen almost turned the last prediction into a self-fulfilling prophecy when she was apprehended on graduation night, and caught trying to jam up the doors of her high school by filling up the locks with glue."

sounds exactly like 0 LSE haha

The way she talks is kind of unlike LSE too. It's too analytical even for LSE. Being slow to process things can be either Ni or low Ni, it just depends on how slow we're talking. In the context of her reflecting on a long running show, I don't think she processed it too slowly. Ni needs some time to process things. LSE is still one of the more likely types for her, though.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jaded whore View Post
    k I watched all the videos except the 50 minute one and I can see LSE because of how incredibly dry she can be

tho she has very different presentations
    In some photos and videos she's very exciting but in all the interview videos she takes a very understated and serious approach. I mean many people take interviews seriously but the way she goes about it is very Te.

however

"She cemented her "outsider" status still further by dying her hair in outlandish shades, having her nose pierced, and even, at one stage, joining a punk band. Anderson's entries as "Most Bizarre", "Class Clown" and even "Most Likely To Be Arrested" in one of her high school yearbooks says it all. The tempestuous teen almost turned the last prediction into a self-fulfilling prophecy when she was apprehended on graduation night, and caught trying to jam up the doors of her high school by filling up the locks with glue."

sounds exactly like 0 LSE haha

The way she talks is kind of unlike LSE too. It's too analytical even for LSE. Being slow to process things can be either Ni or low Ni, it just depends on how slow we're talking. In the context of her reflecting on a long running show, I don't think she processed it too slowly. Ni needs some time to process things. LSE is still one of the more likely types for her, though.
    That, and a plethora of messed up marriages. The only other type I could fathom is ESE, Novichkov and Varabyova have her typed like that as well. Including David as SEI, which would make sense.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jaded whore View Post
    A long time ago in a country far, far away... (from the center of universe which USA think themselves)
    I thought her LSE too. At 1st. But after my skills have improved, I've understood LSE cann't to be such... such. The light of wisdom condescend on me and I'v seen her as SLI and that this is good.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    A long time ago in a country far, far away... (from the center of universe which USA think themselves)
    I thought her LSE too. At 1st. But after my skills have improved, I've understood LSE cann't to be such... such. The light of wisdom condescend on me and I'v seen her as SLI and that this is good.
    How so? Introtim arguments are very scarce here. "Psychic energy more often flows inwards, energy level increases when they are alone/ decreases when interacting with a large group of people, energy level is generally lower, more focused on thoughts and feelings, tend to be passive and less initiating, often do not have many friends, often better at concentrating, often prefer to work alone" and "they are looking from inside a shell, alert, reserved behaviour, submission in contacts, their curiosity slowly awakens (they have a tendency to go progressively deeper into the discussed topic), reserved gesticulation `from the elbow´. Introverts express their attitudes rather than facts (I like or dislike, it is ok/not ok, et cetera)" - does that describe Gillian?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    omg do you agree with me? *hallelujah*
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally think she's some sort of logical sensing type. Not sure about anything more though

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I rewatched an old episode of X-files, which I used to really enjoy a long time ago. Anyway, it had me wonder about her type and it struck me how different she comes across in character than in interviews.

Sergei Ganin has her as IEI over at socionics dot com. I'm surprised to see Delta ST here, i'd not have guessed that. Any other comments?

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My ESI friend's favorite actress. He asks: "why do I like women who seem a bit lesbian but not too lesbian?"
    I don't sympathize with her, to me seems more EIEish.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gillian Anderson - ESTP - Zhukov

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

She's inappropriate, it looks weird.

At times it seems almost like a drunktard exchanged body with a hot female.

Physically she reminds me of xSI. Could be LIE or xSI imo. I dont see her as delta.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think she's LIE. She looks like Ashton with makeup and a wig.

Agreed on what @Crystal said, can't be a delta.

Not my identical either.
    [Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

It's hard to find a love through every shade of grey.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I came here to post LIE before reading everybody else's previous opinions. I am glad to see I am not alone. I think she is my conflictor too, like some bad teacher relations I've had (2) and 3 other bad relations same type (all female).
    Last edited by vesstheastralsilky; 01-10-2019 at 03:13 PM.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I love her so much in the fall <3333

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI-Fe

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    I love her so much in the fall <3333
    There she plays a Gamma NT. ILI.

TIM
    Enneagram 18w96
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Voted LIE, but definitely see ESI now. Either way, she's Gamma for sure

TIM
    HN-SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI-Se or SLE-Ti, developed a lot of Fe with age, H/N->D

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

VI LSE>SLI. Could be SLI but more likely to be LSE. Definitely not SLE.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12