Thread: The beta dreamlife / lifestile

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The beta dreamlife / lifestyle

So we know this about beta. they are in the dichotomies of Decisive, merry and aristocratic. They value Se, Ni, Fe and Ti. They seem to be about power, organization and skillz.

What would be the lifestyle of the beta? Work, style of home etc
    Last edited by Tigerfadder; 06-28-2016 at 11:14 PM.

they can be really chill and resemble deltas

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am personally really repulsed by the idea of an ordinary life...like having a job, waking up at 8, going to sleep at 11, family, kids etc...

I personally dream of freedom to create art and express myself creatively while being able to earn enough money from that work to travel around the world, visit cultural events and hang around good music. Also to buy fancy things... And probably to have a good public image and to create an interesting persona in the area of art and self expression.

What I can't stand are limitations, rules, stereotype and paperwork.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fay View Post
    I am personally really repulsed by the idea of an ordinary life...like having a job, waking up at 8, going to sleep at 11, family, kids etc...

I personally dream of freedom to create art and express myself creatively while being able to earn enough money from that work to travel around the world, visit cultural events and hang around good music. Also to buy fancy things... And probably to have a good public image and to create an interesting persona in the area of art and self expression.

What I can't stand are limitations, rules, stereotype and paperwork.
    I know who you're daydreaming about
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEI-Ni, 4-9-5, sx/sp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Israel Capitan View Post
    My ideal life (my aunt lives it):
    • Self employed in a capacity that allows me to do as I please. Not the type of self-employment where I still need to go into work every day or even every week.
    • Open-door home to friends who come and go throughout the day usually resulting in impromptu parties/gatherings
    • Very comfortable home with nice things, but also inviting
    • Killer home music studio
    • The power to get my music played, not necessarily mainstream, but a good independent buzz
    • A home on lots of land and not close to neighbors (no complaints about loud noises )
    • Sports cars, motorcycles, the usual
    • To live in the most self-sufficient/green way possible that would make living off-the-grid a reality
    • Overall, the freedom to explore, produce and have fun with friends and family

The reality:
    • A BUNCH OF UGH! ALL THE TIME
    • What's with all the damn rules? Aren't you "adults" capable of functioning like . . . I don't know . . . ADULTS

IEI-Ni, DCNH-H, 4w5-9w1-5w4, sx/sp, Aquarius sun, Leo rising
    "From their lives, and not least from their greatest fault--their inability to communicate--we may understand one of the greatest errors of our civilization, that is, the superstitious belief in verbal statements, the boundless overestimation of instruction by means of words and methods."--C.G. Jung on the introverted irrational types

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This all mostly sounds Millennial, not specifically Beta.
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuavaDrunk View Post
    This all mostly sounds Millennial, not specifically Beta.
    I wouldnt ever have considered that but it sounds about right.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For aristocratic quadra is it of value to be with a title? Being a 'doctor' or 'pt' or whatever, to a higher degree then what matters for democratic quadra values?

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think your question has too much potential to fall into behaviourism to be very useful. That being said the Delta version seems to have worked(?), and there's a focus in this thread on affecting other people which is new. So maybe that's Beta.
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Something like this, for two.

or this:

with room service, wifi and amazon.com delivery.

A dream life that appeals to my sx first, social last, romantic fantasies. Sometimes they are on other planets. Probably best left in dreams since I am claustrophobic. Theoretically, it would have to be with someone like me, to work, and I am not sure I could deal with an identical sx/sp (just like me), under the sea, with no fast escape plan. Any extroverted type would go stir crazy rather quickly, even if social last... so nevermind.

I am happy with what I have, most of the time. It is pretty close to what I wanted to be and have at this point in my life. It's not perfect but it is mine and I have a lot of freedom to do what I want.

I would love this view from my bed though.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Wow you people are so mind conscious and all, want bring change.. How admirable. All I want is to be left alone, do what I desire, be free to stay wherever I want with who I want.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moira View Post
    This. Also, bringing change, showing people new thoughts, teaching and shaking the establishment, while being able to learn whatever I want to, starting projects, switching jobs.
    yes,yes, yes

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Israel Capitan View Post
    they are in the dichotomies of Decisive, merry and aristocratic
    there is no such in normal Socionics. just hypothetic bs

They value Se, Ni, Fe and Ti. They seem to be about power, organization and skillz.
    the "power" they care is power of 4 valued functions
    organization? there is no reasonable mind and societies without organization. formal subordination (Ti) is more correctly
    "skillz" is more about Te interests - how to do something and how effective it is

demonstrable example is bandits lifestyle
    also when bandits have more brains, they create good centralized states and societies which can to make much. by the price of disgraceful things in nonvalued functions, however. to avoid disgraceful things bandits need especially more brains

such is beta in short. from delta point of view, at least

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    Wow you people are so mind conscious and all, want bring change.. How admirable. All I want is to be left alone, do what I desire, be free to stay wherever I want with who I want.
    I can relate...

Change the world, sometimes...with magic and wings.

It is all symbolic of course. Change the world by example > forcing change. Sounds good to me.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    demonstrable example is bandits lifestyle
    also when bandits have more brains, they create good centralized states and societies which can to make much. by the price of disgraceful things in nonvalued functions, however. to avoid disgraceful things bandits need especially more brains

such is beta in short. from delta point of view, at least

YWIMW

TIM
    EIE 4w5
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These are a few of the fantasies I envision that I want ever-so-badly to become my reality. Preferably with a long haired LSI viking and a few baby kitties. <3

1.jpg 5.jpg2.jpg6.jpg7.jpg

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My vision: No kids (check), no pets (check), no debt (check), no job, no house, no city, just traveling in a modified truck playing rock shows and stripping, all while getting to see the country. Maybe at some point get my GED and go to cosmetology school for a back up plan, because my plans could fail and I already love doing hair. Goals: reach my peak fitness once again, grow my hair back out, get some dental work done.... and finally, at some point I need to try psychedelics because I'm dying to try them.
    If I decide to own a house I want my own property and to own a home once I'm burnt out, old, or just ready to settle down. I need minimalism. I love simple, easy to clean houses. My favorite colors are silver, gray, and white. Sounds sterile but I would also bring a little bit of nature in doors, absolutely no fake plants or flowers, I hate that shit. I hate shit stuck to the walls everywhere. One large room would be devoted to music and pole work/fitness. In the living room I would keep a beautiful clear, glass bong with my weed, waiting for me when I come home.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My fantasy is to become a high-end businesslord with enormous amounts of political/public influence on civil projects, often going to upscale swanky bar lounge mixers with my equally pretentious mate, to mingle and be super fake giving P.A. glances to the other ultra rich businesslord couples and business partners around me, signing contracts left and right like it aint no thang with my gold-plated pen that has my initials engraved into it gifted to me by my proverbial LIE mobsterlord godfather, and being served endless tiny intricate cakes, taking a mini-forkful and leaving the rest because calories. Going out alone to the balcony of such a venue and flipping back my long dark perfectly wavy hair, cackling up to the dark city night sky.

Quote Originally Posted by SpreeFirit View Post
    These are a few of the fantasies I envision that I want ever-so-badly to become my reality. Preferably with a long haired LSI viking and a few baby kitties. <3
    Those long-haired LSI guys are hot. Cheers to that.

TIM
    EIE 4w5
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    My fantasy is to become a high-end businesslord with enormous amounts of political/public influence on civil projects, often going to upscale swanky bar lounge mixers with my equally pretentious mate, to mingle and be super fake giving P.A. glances to the other ultra rich businesslord couples and business partners around me, signing contracts left and right like it aint no thang with my gold-plated pen that has my initials engraved into it gifted to me by my proverbial LIE mobsterlord godfather, and being served endless tiny intricate cakes, taking a mini-forkful and leaving the rest because calories. Going out alone to the balcony of such a venue and flipping back my long dark perfectly wavy hair, cackling up to the dark city night sky.

Those long-haired LSI guys are hot. Cheers to that.
    Mmmm...been my type since before I knew about Socionics. Delicious.

TIM
    EIE 4w5
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pole Ninja View Post
    My vision: No kids (check), no pets (check), no debt (check), no job, no house, no city, just traveling in a modified truck playing rock shows and stripping, all while getting to see the country. Maybe at some point get my GED and go to cosmetology school for a back up plan, because my plans could fail and I already love doing hair. Goals: reach my peak fitness once again, grow my hair back out, get some dental work done.... and finally, at some point I need to try psychedelics because I'm dying to try them.
    If I decide to own a house I want my own property and to own a home once I'm burnt out, old, or just ready to settle down. I need minimalism. I love simple, easy to clean houses. My favorite colors are silver, gray, and white. Sounds sterile but I would also bring a little bit of nature in doors, absolutely no fake plants or flowers, I hate that shit. I hate shit stuck to the walls everywhere. One large room would be devoted to music and pole work/fitness. In the living room I would keep a beautiful clear, glass bong with my weed, waiting for me when I come home.

I want to make a movie out of you.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

For work, my dream would be to be a successful singer/songwriter/actress, to get my vision out there, but to not be too famous because thats just a bitch in todays society. And I doubt my kind of music would go anywhere big today. I would like a lot of free-time to relax because I'm really introverted and low energy. Plus I would need free time to write music. On my free-time I would take ballet and other weird dance lessons, and maybe study psychology for when my voice and "life" starts to fail me.
    I would like money to not be an issue. Perhaps be taken care of by a partner? Though I would never be in a relationship just for money. Right now, when I'm young i'd live in an apartment in NYC.

Actually writing this makes me not want this. I want something more depressing, and a tragic love story. More hardship. We'll see.

Oh, the home thing: a shared apartment, because im scared of sleeping alone, and probably wouldnt live with a partner because absense makes the heart grow fonder etc. I don't care too much how it looks or anything, I'm one of those people who are satisfied with whatever they are given, in that area.

TIM
    EIE 4w5
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    For work, my dream would be to be a successful singer/songwriter/actress, to get my vision out there, but to not be too famous because thats just a bitch in todays society. And I doubt my kind of music would go anywhere big today. I would like a lot of free-time to relax because I'm really introverted and low energy. Plus I would need free time to write music. On my free-time I would take ballet and other weird dance lessons, and maybe study psychology for when my voice and "life" starts to fail me.
    I would like money to not be an issue. Perhaps be taken care of by a partner? Though I would never be in a relationship just for money. Right now, when I'm young i'd live in an apartment in NYC.

Actually writing this makes me not want this. I want something more depressing, and a tragic love story. More hardship. We'll see.

Haha. I love this post... Actually, reading it brings me a wee bit of comfort because I sing also. I've always been hesitant to even really get into music and establish myself as an artist. I've always been afraid of the fame it could potentially bring. That really would be a bitch, as you said. My worst nightmare, actually. What kind of music do you create?

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to make a movie out of you.
    LOL. I used to get called Jenny like from forrest gump because I used to get myself into trouble before I stopped partying.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    EIE 4w5
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL. I used to get called Jenny like from forrest gump because I used to get myself into trouble before I stopped partying.
    Lol!! No!! Come on, Jenny. Where's the Ti??

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol!! No!! Come on, Jenny. Where's the Ti??
    As if ANY of my ex party friends had any clue about socionics, there were just seeing me tear through men and cars, partying, stripping, and drinking and drugging lmao. No Ti in any of that I suppose.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    i've had dreams of being in penthouses like this

TIM
    EIE 4w5
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As if ANY of my ex party friends had any clue about socionics, there were just seeing me tear through men and cars, partying, stripping, and drinking and drugging lmao. No Ti in any of that I suppose.
    Well damn GUUURL.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think I care more about *who* I end up with than where. Socially liberal city with green spaces and twisty roads. Lover and good friends nearby (Skype gets old y'all.) Want enough money to be in a position to quit a shitty job, and to help out (a few) others if needed. I want to go swimming/snorkelling. Live way below my means and travel here and there for a week with Lover.

We can go take pot shots at the local hipsters at the weekend. Someone who grows personally and likes talking about what they've done lately in that respect. Adventures in the internal worlds in ourselves and between us.

Living in a country with laws and customs I can stand, obviously. Warm weather also much appreciated.

I like the in-betweenness of travelling somewhere. The journey itself can be a pile of shit, but the state of transition is meditative.

I want to build something but I don't know what yet. Books, birds made of wire, points of views revered outside of my circle, clever ideas, sculptures, nifty manipulation in words, a state of being for myself, a reasonably well-anchored living situation that allows manoeuvering when fate strikes (so work for money, O Slavery etc.), etc.

ETA: I want to get very good at certain styles of dancing, mostly Tango, and have the obsessive attention to drills required to get good at the technical side, and the musicality for making up expressiveness. Dancing and music pervading my life and my self would be a clear win in life. Art and connection to a partner for its own sake, as a disciplined aspiration. Ideal living space would have a dance studio, basically. (And a very good teacher with Stockholm's Syndrome for free. )

... I won't be taking over the world any time soon.
    Reason is a whore.

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do artsy stuff, run around nature, build an architecturally awesome house out in said nature and put up some statue related to the theme of conquering said nature in front of it, live there with the love of my life (to use a rather cliché phrase), watch shows, make a museum for all the ancient and/or interesting things I've managed to acquire, do one of many jobs that doesn't offend my Complex of Subservience (I'm not too picky since I have enough interests), try for kleos aphthiton without really getting famous (because I feel like if you haven't left any traces in your life, you might as well have not done anything with it, and I like a challenge, but celebrity lifestyles sound kind of ridiculous and unpleasant), be an author (this covers the last two well)...

Edit: I was in a hurry to post this and forgot that one of my main points was to go hunting on horseback in the forest like old European nobles, but that's speculative anyways, and you ought to be able to infer that from all this.
    Last edited by Pallas; 03-29-2017 at 06:35 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My ideal life is actually quite busy and career-oriented. I'd be a successful and demanded video editor, and get to polish and execute other people's ideas with a deft touch and sense of "vibe" for every combination of frames (I'm not completely there in skill level yet but this is part of my idealized future life so I can be however good I want to be). People ask for my expertise about things. I'm not sure if I'm in a relationship or not, but I've got some really energetic and ambitious people in my social circle. We talk about our latest clients and play Dungeons and Dragons on the weekends. I like going out on my own into the parks and forests and taking pictures, too. Maybe I'll get a blue jay on camera for a change! In my time in this dream life, I've worked on some influential projects for causes I care about and feel generally good about my effect upon the world at large. I'm known in my field but not famous overall, although I do like to engage the younger generation with interviews on whatever social media is popular in the future.

My ideal life is in mid-spring, with crystal-bright mid-morning light, in living color and always moving forward. Everything is in a jaunty aesthetic. I put on a bright floral shirt and a black leather jacket and head out of my house--near downtown, of course--and look at the dappled clouds and think I'd never want to be anywhere else. I step on a light rail train and watch the city pass me by and think about what I'll do today. Everyone in the car is chattering about their daily lives. There's a cute kid and his mom and the kid is so smart and I think "what a great parent he must have". And I smile and think of how lucky life is, and how it's always moving forwards.

Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1
    Bit of a comic books nerd, bit of a fashion nerd, a lot of a generalized nerd

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

A narcissistically beautiful mansion in california that has lots of interesting rooms, mostly for comfort or sex tho. I've always wanted a room with just nothing but a bunch of pillows for some reason... and a biiiiiig pool, like the one Miley Cyrus has lol. Most of it would look decorated and nice, but I would want a few places that looked gritty and white trash. Not Hollywood trying to be white trash when you really are snooty, but white trash because you are white trash looking. =D An interesting mix of both, but most of it is just nice and comfortable and biiiiig. I want a really big house, the one I am living in now is way too small. Also Oprah would be my maid hehe.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A bit off-topic, but it looks like you can pretty much get people's instinct stackings from this if you use a particular interpretation of instinct stackings.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
    A bit off-topic, but it looks like you can pretty much get people's instinct stackings from this if you use a particular interpretation of instinct stackings.
    Aye, that question should be put on typing questionnaires. (If it isn't already there, I wouldn't know tbh.)
    Reason is a whore.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aye, that question should be put on typing questionnaires. (If it isn't already there, I wouldn't know tbh.)
    I was actually going to make an experimental questionnaire right now.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would definitely have a lot of growing things, like basil and stuff. Like the kitchen was connected to a garden shed which is fully automatic where you can just pick fresh stuff from. Other then that, probably just some space and top gear...

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Haha. I love this post... Actually, reading it brings me a wee bit of comfort because I sing also. I've always been hesitant to even really get into music and establish myself as an artist. I've always been afraid of the fame it could potentially bring. That really would be a bitch, as you said. My worst nightmare, actually. What kind of music do you create?
    Some kind of pop/folk/rock.. umm, it's not like todays music haha. I listen to alot of 70s music so inspired by that. Most todays music are made in computers and i hate that. Its emotionless.
    Last edited by maniac; 03-29-2017 at 07:45 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I was actually going to make an experimental questionnaire right now.
    Go forth, hell child, and spawn that Literary Lyfestyle.
    Reason is a whore.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go forth, hell child, and spawn that Literary Lyfestyle.
    I put it up. I feel like I have a good enough knowledge of psychology questionnaires that it should be fine, but I'll have to see if anyone corrects it. Not sure what Literary Lifestyle has to do with anything, but one of the questions is "write a story about what's happening in this picture".

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good observation, my response in hindsight is almost comically So/Sp. I'm not sure if I'm in a relationship or not, but I've got some really energetic and ambitious people in my social circle. Jump on right over that blindspot...
    Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1
    Bit of a comic books nerd, bit of a fashion nerd, a lot of a generalized nerd