Doing this because I haven't done a 21Q before! Mostly for fun and I enjoy how these questions aren't function-specific.
I currently type at SEE-Fi 6w7 sx/so, but other well-reasoned input is welcomed too if you disagree. Feel free to ask more questions or elaborations. Thanks for reading.
1. What is beauty? What is love?
Beauty is in nature, to me. I love to do nature photography. I find beauty in colors, too. I love fashion as well, especially gothic fashion. I find beauty in darker things.
Love is more complicated. It’s an intense feeling for someone. A desire to be close to them and to never let them go. A bond, an understanding. Love is intense.
2. What are your most important values?
Strength, honesty, truth, loyalty, authenticity, and doing what is good.
3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
I am a Pagan and a witch. I believe in the forces of nature. I’m very much into the mysterious, archetypal, symbolic, and supernatural. I hold these beliefs because I believe there is an underlying realm in the world, that there’s more than meets the eye.
4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
I don’t like war, honestly. But I do believe in fighting to keep what is yours and defending your home and what is right. Power is strength, intimidation, fearlessness and a knowing that you can conquer with force.
5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
I’ve had long conversations about my interests. Like movies, videogames, etc.
I’ve also had long conversations about my relationships and memories. Talking about my family and friends and my relationships with them, our dynamics.
6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
Health/medicine is a kind of interesting topic to me. I love biology as it is fascinating. I’m studying to be a veterinarian currently, actually. I’m sort of focused on my body. I want to physically fit so I can do things like run, dance, hike, work, etc. and to look good.
7. What do you think of daily chores?
I hate them. Lol.
8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
Books: Tales of the Necromancer series, Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, The Hunger Games, The House of Night series, The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings, Bram Stoker’s Dracula, The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, and I’m currently reading a book called The Dark Days by Alison Goodman. When I was younger, I loved the Warrior Cats books by Erin Hunter. A lot of Stephen King books. There are many more but the list would be exhaustive. Lol.
Movies: Marvel films, The Batman Nolan trilogy, Star Wars, The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit, The Labyrinth, Phantom of the Opera, Independence Day, and the ones I want to see that are coming out are Tarzan, Independence Day: Resurgence, and Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children.
TV Shows: (I don’t watch much TV, so bear with me here) Gotham, Raising Hope, Ghost Hunting/Paranormal shows, some Game of Thrones.
Anime: (I don’t like anime too much but the few I like are worth mentioning) Black Butler, Hellsing, Wolf’s Rain, Hetalia, and I’ve started watching Death Note. Not bad. I used to love InuYasha when I was younger but I can’t stomach it anymore.
Music: (Metal is my favorite genre, though I’m diverse) Nightwish, Within Temptation, Epica, Disturbed, Evanescence, Halestorm, Sonata Arctica, The Sisters of Mercy
And I do like some mainstream songs because I like the beat they have.
9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
I’ve cried out of worry for my mother’s health, fear of my future, when my father died and when I’ve missed him dearly.
What has made me smile is a little harder. Laughing at something funny, being with my friends, watching the horses in the pasture, winning at a riding competition.
10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
When I have all my friends together and am interacting with them, definitely when I’m being physical (running, hiking, dancing, swimming, etc.), when I’m getting things done, when I’m in nature and engaging in it.
Evaluation & Behaviour
11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
I’m a bit impulsive. As in, if something is overwhelming to me I eradicate it too quickly especially when emotional. That I can be a bit selfish at times. Or I sometimes jump on things too fast. I dislike that I sometimes lack an attention span and can’t plan things out well.
12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
That I’m very strong mentally, independent, learn physical things quickly, a hard worker, adaptable, and reliable. I like that I am capable of doing things on my own for the most part.
13. In what areas of your life would you like help?
I would like help on things like planning a course of action for my life and activities. I tend to struggle with some things like writing papers or projects for college. Some help with things like financial planning, as I have goals in my life I’d like to achieve but I’m not entirely sure how to get there.
14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
Yes. Right now. I feel stuck when I don’t make progress with things. In my horse riding career I feel stuck because I am unable to pay for shows and things. If I don’t advance I feel stuck. I’ve had foot surgery and have not been able to work or anything, so I feel stuck because I’m not doing anything.
People & Interactions
15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
I dislike when people are loud, obnoxious, and don’t take things seriously. I dislike when people are rude or aren’t respectful of other’s feelings. I get along with people who are quiet yet fun, have similar interests to myself, and who I can have deeper conversations with.
16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
I’m a romantic person and do have a higher sex drive. I want someone who can handle my intensity, keeps up with me, and is loyal and reliable.
17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
I don’t like kids and don’t really want them. But I would teach them not to whine, just do things/not give up, and how to be respectful. I think I would be a rather strict mother. However, I would also value my children doing their own thing and making their own choices. As in, I wouldn’t dictate them on what they should wear for example.
18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
I’m pretty quiet about my beliefs, but if something really clashes I would state my point clearly and explain my viewpoint. I would choose my words carefully yet I would not hold back my opinion.
19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
I don’t really give a crap about society to be honest. I generally dislike people. I guess a prevalent social problem is how the media pushes a certain image onto people, especially females. I hate that.
20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
I choose my friends based on common interests and perhaps worldviews. They share my sort of humor and I seek to build a bond with them. Around my friends, I’m fun loving and like to joke/tease.
21. How do you behave around strangers?
I’m hesitant around strangers. They make me nervous and I do have social anxiety. But I’m polite and respectful, still, if a bit guarded. I don’t like interacting with a bunch of strangers.