Thread: Most humble type

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default Most humble type

which type does this fit. most humble (doesn't let things that you tell them about them get to their head), conscious of their surroundings, doesn't procrastinate, keeps surroundings clean and near, follows teacher's precise instructions and doesn't like to break the rules
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Such people I have only read about in 18th century children's texts. Even then they didn't exist.

In any case it is not a type that produces over 21,000 forum posts in 7 years.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's okay to let things go to your head as long as you remain aware that you are narcissistically fantasizing, and that it's not real. Fantasies are the only thing that gives nerdy males any power, so don't take that away from us. And who really just wants to be some dirty cog with no spirit 24/7? Then you just get used by a narcissist as a tool.

Remain aware of your surroundings as well- but always reach for the stars/that ideal- since people who are the most successful are going to do that anyway, and again- you don't just want to be a pawn in a more powerful person's game.

Follow directions.... no. Authority needs to be challenged sometimes. Not all the time just to be difficult , but enough. Especially if the rule is stupid or unfair or just assholeish and one-sided.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Being "humble" is something I've always seen as desirable to others so that you seem less threatening to them. The dark claws of mediocrity dragging us down just for others' peace of mind.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    It's okay to let things go to your head as long as you remain aware that you are narcissistically fantasizing, and that it's not real. Fantasies are the only thing that gives nerdy males any power, so don't take that away from us. And who really just wants to be some dirty cog with no spirit 24/7? Then you just get used by a narcissist as a tool.

Remain aware of your surroundings as well- but always reach for the stars/that ideal- since people who are the most successful are going to do that anyway, and again- you don't just want to be a pawn in a more powerful person's game.

Follow directions.... no. Authority needs to be challenged sometimes. Not all the time just to be difficult , but enough. Especially if the rule is stupid or unfair or just assholeish and one-sided.
    I'm describing my cousin's middle child.
    I'm not like this. I'm not as organized nor do I observe my surrounding well
    Also, if someone praised me as a child it would get to my head and inflate my ego lol
    He's also skinny and tall.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

He's great with common sense and senses and reacts to people's needs. He's an interesting one to try to figure out
    -

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think humility is a nice ideal but i think that for most people it is often either that they are being falsely humble or that they are neglecting themselves entirely. neither reaches the ideal kind of more "enlightened" humility in which you still value yourself but aren't all arrogant about it.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm waiting for a forum member to come out and say "this is how I was like when I was a kid"
    -

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I suspect that introverted individuals who score high in terms of Agreeableness would best match typical (i.e. classical) descriptions of humbleness: i.e. IXFX types, in broad terms.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I'm waiting for a forum member to come out and say "this is how I was like when I was a kid"
    I am one such member who thought of responding as overall this was much how I was as a child except for the part in regards to 'conscious of surroundings' for I was forever getting sleeves caught on door handles etc.
    I thought you should perhaps clarify things a bit more before I responded though, as I have been on this forum long enough to know how you work here and would then be hounded by you as being the type you likely already think the person in question to be which it seems you think is a sensor type.
    Conscious of surroundings can mean different things to different people like for my husband it would mean aware of physical things like is the sound from the television any good and can it be improved in quality for enjoyment or 'experience'. Same goes for the picture quality and size of the unit.

For me I would say that at the time intelligence let me work much out, way before others I could see where things were going ie what's likely to happen next, this being consequences or cause and effect.

So in the case you are talking about, what do you mean by 'conscious of surroundings'?
    Last edited by Hays; 06-25-2016 at 01:31 AM.

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd describe myself as humble, but in material sense. Worship? It'd be sexy as fk to be worshipped! I like praise, needless to say.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LeShay View Post
    I am one such member who thought of responding as overall this was much how I was as a child except for the part in regards to 'conscious of surroundings' for I was forever getting sleeves caught on door handles etc.
    I thought you should perhaps clarify things a bit more before I responded though, as I have been on this forum long enough to know how you work here and would then be hounded by you as being the type you likely already think the person in question to be which it seems you think is a sensor type.
    Conscious of surroundings can mean different things to different people like for my husband it would mean aware of physical things like is the sound from the television any good and can it be improved in quality for enjoyment or 'experience'. Same goes for the picture quality and size of the unit.

For me I would say that at the time intelligence let me work much out, way before others I could see where things were going ie what's likely to happen next, this being consequences or cause and effect.

So in the case you are talking about, what do you mean by 'conscious of surroundings'?
    I wrote who this was about

Conscious as in her is aware that he will be crossing the path in front of someone who is trying to take a group picture where others will be too in there heads and mindlessly ignore surrounding activities
    -

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I don't think you can take one incident as being indicative of an individual who is especially spatially aware etc.. It is often the case that those who are weak in an aspect overcompensate on occasion (perhaps even frequently), and are all the more noticeable for it.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty disgusting how no one is taught to swallow their pride in this society (can't speak for any other societies). Humility literally doesn't exist anymore, assuming it ever did.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alioth View Post
    Pretty disgusting how no one is taught to swallow their pride in this society (can't speak for any other societies). Humility literally doesn't exist anymore, assuming it ever did.
    A lot of people who are perceived as humble just have self-confidence issues...it's a little sad.