Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Jungian dichotomy preference

Which Jungian dichotomy is easiest for you to assign for yourself? And what order for the other three? This should be based on your current evaluation, although you may wish to post about how this may have changed over time.

I'm more interested in the Jungian dichotomies as understood in Socionics rather than by Jung, but the distinction is not especially important.

If you cannot choose at any stage of your ranking, you could either give the relevant dichotomies the same ranking or just skip them.

It may be useful if you also stated your Socionics type (if it isn't widely known): it would be interesting to see if having a certain dichotomy being easy to determine makes it easy to determine your base function (we have had such discussions many times before).
    EII-Ne
    5w4 or 1w9 Sp/So

Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I will have to come back to this before I vote in the poll.

I would choose: Introversion / Extraversion first
    and Intuition / Sensing > Thinking / Feeling
    , but would be uncertain about where Perceiving / Judging would fit in (possibly second, but could be third or fourth...!)
    EII-Ne
    5w4 or 1w9 Sp/So

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's worth noting that in Myers-Briggs land, it is often easy to assign N>S compared to T/F, but that concept of N/S is much broader than a functions conception (since it more or less aligns with Openness in the Big 5). In particular, there is no reason someone can't be Open to Experience and more of a sensation type in an appropriate conceptualization.

I tend to believe that in the more socionics-ified/appropriately functions-ified view, T-F is no harder than N-S to decide, because this view doesn't essentially reduce S to less open, less curious, and so on.

This illustrates a common view I have, which is forum discussions would be more productive if people didn't go "X is obviously mistyped, and is a sensor" and instead realize that it depends how you define all these terms -- often times, people typed as Ns really aren't reasonably even close to S's in the Big 5-aligned concept.
    However, as there is much less convergence among functions theorists than lexical theorists on what the major variables of personality are defined as (within their respective approaches), there is a high likelihood in some definition that is reasonable of sensation-type, various "obvious Ns" in a MBTI-non-functions-centric framework will be sensation-types.

In my definitions, it is obvious to me that I cannot be F or S in functions-land, so unfortunately I cannot really be a good data point.

Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Jung's descriptions of dichotomies are included in Socionics. The difference is wider interpretation of E/I in Socionics, but on practice when this dichotomy is used in Socionics directly - it's mostly used as Jung described it.

Some difficulty I had with E/I. Most tests showed me introversion. So it's the dichotomy to be assigned last, while others are very similar.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors