Thread: Interpreting Dreams Infographic

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Interpreting Dreams Infographic

Interpretations of the most common dream types and their psychological implications: http://positivemed.com/2013/12/02/un...s-dreams-mean/

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this one covers some of the same dream themes as the op with slightly different interpretations

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny that death is listed as the first one. I used to think you couldn't have a dream where you died and then wake up, but then I found out I was wrong. Anyways, from personal experience, I don't think interpreting dreams is remotely that straightforward in the case that they can be "interpreted" in that fashion at all, and some of them on that are weird (I mean dreams about "pregnancy" and "water" seem rare, especially as themes for the whole dream. I'd like to know if any males or other people who are otherwise obviously incapable of getting pregnant have had a dream about the former though).

Also, I find it interesting that what would be approximately 3/4 of sociotypes report having recurring dreams. That makes me think there might be some order to this. I've never had any recurring dreams that I remember.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I have lots of epic dreams and they run in cycles. I will have them for months at a time then none for a long time, then they start up again.

I have died in many dreams, a few times by tidal wave, and realized I was still "alive" as the water settles and everything becomes calm. Sometimes I am in a different place than the tidal wave hit. I have lots of water dreams.

I have had a few pregnancy dreams but more often, than not, I just end up with babies (sometimes twins) that aren't mine. I end up loving them anyway even though I don't want them.

Demon/possession dreams, all the time. I had one last night. A force was dragging me across the floor but it was so damn slow I was more amused than scared. I finally stood up and yelled, "enough!" then I walked into someone's living room and told them there were spirits there and they were irritating me. My middle sister was there and I think she was possessed for a second before I looked at her and said, "no! get out now!" then she went back to normal. I woke up right after. I don't think the dream scared me at all this time but sometimes they do.

Violent dreams, not as much as I used to have. I used to be in slow motion but now I am able to eliminate threats easier and I don't feel like I am moving through sludge.

I am a lucid dreamer so I can change outcomes at will once I find my dream trigger that reminds me that my body is sleeping.

I have years worth of dream diaries and so many of the dreams are of the epic kind. I rarely need to interpret my own dreams anymore because I pretty much know when I wake up exactly what they mean and/or what I have to do. Some still confuse me but in those cases they usually make sense as I go through the day.

I have lots of precognitive dreams which inspired me to work out my own symbolism that does not always match up to any dream diary. I have an inner sense of whether a dream is likely to come true or not but that has come from experience, paying attention and writing them down. It involves a lot of associations that others may not have so it makes other people interpreting my dreams almost impossible. I have run across people who were very good at it and if I am really confused I might ask them or draw a card for some insight.

Sometimes I pretend I don't know exactly what a dream means when I share it with a specific person because I don't like to freak people out or I want to see if they have also had similar symbolism. Sometimes I am just being purposely cryptic to find out if they know how my mind works.

I have had the same dream on the same night with friends I was close to but a few times I intersected in a dream with someone I didn't know at all on a personal level and only limited contact with them within a group. It made me a bit fascinated by them until I worked out what it all meant.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

yeah... I had dreams about falling and also these dreams about failing in tests. Yes I know it's because ... well there are just times when I think about all my mistakes and my shortcomings and that I'm not really good and how much work I actually have to do to better myself in a lot of ways. Yes I know better start doing it, then sitting around whining... idk it's just there for some time and... I think i just needed to write it down. It's probably just prominent in dreams, like the immediate raw feeling, like you cannot tune it out, because you're in a different state of mind. I also realized how it helps me to concentrate on things going on just now and taking everything how it comes and not hanging on to much on past things and regrets and ... yeah idk...

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think that symbols in dreams are not universal. It is a reflection of experiences and shared symbolism as itself can not be determining factor– it has to be multi angular. Since we all live in some kind of culture therefore we share common experiences. Further more throughout human evolution we share some common challenges let's say a snake. You'll become accustomed to it some where. Sure there is common fear response – however a child might not react to it negatively.

It seems laughable that people get automatically attached to only symbolic representation of an object or action without seeing larger context.

Today I had wildly symbolic dream (probably that first time in my life that I can remember so vividly).
    As a child I was living on place which translates to "Snakehill". There was a small road going around that place. I noticed walking down hill and a small miniature stone wall appeared on the side I kept on walking now there was a larger stone wall on a road in front of me but road was still clear. Larger and larger parts started to appear. However with some determination I could climb over that. A car appeared non threateningly . There was a small detour which was diminished to eye in the forest. I went to that direction and detour started to appear. It was uphill and this time paving was fine sand. I kept on going up until I couldn't as fine sand and slope made it impossible. Therefore I stepped in to forest to get some support for my feet. However vegetation started to change its form – snakes started to appear.
    The End

It is pretty obvious. In order to grow up I should face the challenges directly without taking detours. And this can be seen without going head on about details of singular objects.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org