Thread: ESI or SEE? (80Q Linked)

TIM
    EIE 2w3 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question ESI or SEE? (80Q Linked)

So, as of late I've been really wondering if I am SEE or ESI? I can see good arguments for both in my case. Does anyone mind weighing in to ease my poor, restless mind? Lol.

I have my 80Q in a Google Docs and copying and pasting it is a hassle as it doesn't ever paste properly. So just have the link here.

Or, if you have good reasoning for another type, that input is welcome. Though, Gamma SF has been the most popular opinion for me.

Thanks for the input!
    Sociotype: EIE
    Psyche Yoga: VEFL
    ~~
    Goddess Archetype: Artemis
    Zodiac: Taurus()
    Scorpio() Capricorn (☾)
    Slytherin/Horned Serpent
    Chaotic Good

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hum I'll ask a few questions. Let me think about this
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I am no expert on this, but I do know one male SEE and several male and female ESI's, and from my perspective, the biggest difference between them is how I feel around them. When I'm around the male SEE, I'm thinking of parties and doing random crazy stuff. (This is an Activity relation for me.) When I'm around a male ESI, I just go Meh, nothing special, but nothing horrible. Nice guy. Around female ESI's, I'm more like, Hey, you're pretty nice, let's talk. (Duality for me.) So, you might try to identify your type by how you feel around certain people whose type you are pretty sure of.

I was looking for a third type for whom relations would have the greatest difference in how they feel to either an SEE or an ESI, but there doesn't seem to be a big difference here.

You could ask yourself if you prefer LIE's or ILI's. There are videos around here somewhere with examples of both types.

You might ask yourself if you are introverted or extroverted, but that might be tough to determine. I usually ask someone if, when they are trying to solve a problem, do they think about it themselves (introvert), or do they ask someone else (extrovert)?

Or, you could see if you can decide by reading this: http://www.sociotype.com/tools/type-comparison/SEE-ESI
    This description is not definitive, though.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I am no expert on this, but I do know one male SEE and several male and female ESI's , and from my perspective, the biggest difference between them is how I feel around them. When I'm around the male SEE, I'm thinking of parties and doing random crazy stuff. (This is an Activity relation for me.) When I'm around a male ESI, I just go Meh, nothing special, but nothing horrible. Nice guy. Around female ESI's, I'm more like, Hey, you're pretty nice, let's talk. (Duality for me.) So, you might try to identify your type by how you feel around certain people whose type you are pretty sure of.

I was looking for a third type for whom relations would have the greatest difference in how they feel to either an SEE or an ESI, but there doesn't seem to be a big difference here.

You could ask yourself if you prefer LIE's or ILI's. There are videos around here somewhere with examples of either type.

You might ask yourself if you are introverted or extroverted, but that might be tough to determine. I usually ask someone if, when they are trying to solve a problem, do they think about it themselves (introvert), or do they ask someone else (extrovert)?

Or, you could see if you can decide by reading this: http://www.sociotype.com/tools/type-comparison/SEE-ESI
    Idk if she has either LIE or ILI around in real life. How would she find out if she doesn't
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Idk if she has either LIE or ILI around in real life. How would she find out if she doesn't
    @consentingadult partially answered your question in post #18 here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...54#post1137154

But what I was talking about above was using videos to see the difference. For example, here is a scene between a female ESI and a male SEE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=The8Xi6fKOE
    And here is a video with a female SEE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8tG3Sq7_J8

Personally, I can see a very clear difference between how I feel about the female ESI (Anita Ekberg) and the female SEE (Scarlet Johansson). The ESI is warm, calm, tame and mostly sensible, while the SEE looks like she could out-party me, and that's saying something. The SEE would be fun for a while, but would ultimately be exhausting.

TIM
    EIE 2w3 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am no expert on this, but I do know one male SEE and several male and female ESI's, and from my perspective, the biggest difference between them is how I feel around them. When I'm around the male SEE, I'm thinking of parties and doing random crazy stuff. (This is an Activity relation for me.) When I'm around a male ESI, I just go Meh, nothing special, but nothing horrible. Nice guy. Around female ESI's, I'm more like, Hey, you're pretty nice, let's talk. (Duality for me.) So, you might try to identify your type by how you feel around certain people whose type you are pretty sure of.

You could ask yourself if you prefer LIE's or ILI's. There are videos around here somewhere with examples of both types.

Well, I only know ILI's online. Sometimes I find that they don't always "respond" to me in a way that I find positive and I withdraw from them. That article of the ISFj and INTp relations is pretty much it. If I were met with rejection of my feelings by someone, I would be hurt very deeply and leave them alone. But, later, I would bounce back. No way in hell if they were to suddenly return to me would I give into them. Like no, you had your chance and you hurt me. You're done, buddy. That "game" the ILI plays of putting up cold barriers and expecting me to break them down? No. That's gonna get old really fast because I want someone reliable. I don't want my emotions toyed with. The second I think someone is toying with me, they're cut off. Harshly and without remorse or forgiveness. I do the "ESI grudge holding" thing quite often. Past slights against me are never forgotten. Even if I do interact with you, those memories are always hovering in my head and I'll keep my heart at arm's length.

But, like I said, some of these things I think may overlap with my Enneagram 6 to some extent.

As for going to someone for help it very largely depends on the problem. I was hoping more so for a cognitive analysis as asking questions like that tends to lead to over-simplification.

That list is 50/50 for me, so it doesn't help.

Let me ask you this. Why are you Fi-seeking? Why, as an ExTj, does Fi make you feel more whole?

@consentingadult partially answered your question in post #18 here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...54#post1137154

But what I was talking about above was using videos to see the difference. For example, here is a scene between a female ESI and a male SEE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=The8Xi6fKOE
    And here is a video with a female SEE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8tG3Sq7_J8

Personally, I can see a very clear difference between how I feel about the female ESI (Anita Ekberg) and the female SEE (Scarlet Johansson). The ESI is warm, calm, tame and mostly sensible, while the SEE looks like she could out-party me, and that's saying something. The SEE would be fun for a while, but would ultimately be exhausting.
    I'm certainly more tame. I'm not much of a party girl, though I do love a good experience. Like in the video with Anita, she's enjoying the experience of the fountain, letting the kitten rest on her head, etc. That's my kind of fun, not so much the party life.

I'm emotionally impulsive, as in, my intense emotionality drives me, but I do usually think through the consequences of my actions. Do I consider myself tame? In most cases, yes.
    ~~
    Scorpio() Capricorn (☾)
    Slytherin/Horned Serpent
    Chaotic Good

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SEE and ESI can be close however ESI is more reserved and SEE less about her home and more about outside the home

NAPOLEONKA - dazzling, notable, energetic, very specific woman with a deep sense of self-respect. The form of face is more frequent rounded, although there are as always exceptions.

She holds herself confidently and speaks somewhat ironically. She loves to joke, laughs in a friendly manner while speaking, which producers the impression that she feels herself familiar everywhere. Her tone of voice is frequently low, with a bit of a coarseness.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Dreiser, Female portrait, ISFj by Beskova

Well-built and graceful, DREISERKA is in good control of her body - she moves confidently and beautifully, sits straight, demonstrating her great posture. Her clothing looks tidy and befitting of her figure. Her entire appearance makes a worthy impression. Some bare skin does not spoil her look, but only enhances it since she usually has nothing to be ashamed of concerning her figure. Moreover, she is very graceful.

Most often, she has classically built face and unusually expressive, warm, agitating eyes. She knows how to select a complimenting haircut and professionally uses make-up.

In childhood, DREISERKA is often a strict and correct girl, very assiduous. She knows how to be nice, what behavior is appropriate and what is not appropriate. There is order in her mind, on her working desk, in her briefcase, her notes are written in tidy hand-writting.

DREISERKAs are demanding of themselves. They possess a strong will and can force themselves to do many of the things that are usually undesirable for children. But they are also exacting of others, such that not everyone will want to become friends with this girl. DREISERKA does not allow anyone to get away with any irresponsibility. She does homework in accordance to her schedule, among many other things. She prefers measured-out life from childhood and she becomes upset if her plans don't come together. In such cases, unexpectedly, she may even cry. Thus, there must be no unexpected trips to the zoo or the aquarium. It is better to plan activities with her beforehand.
    -

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LMAO @dreiserka description. I think I know someone who is pretty much the opposite.
    The content is not typical Ij,I think that GoogleDoc is pretty neat ( if I can actually judge...).
    I think rational subtype of the irrational version. Decoded version: SEE-Fi seems to be OK.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    EIE 2w3 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unsuccessfull Alphamale View Post
    LMAO @dreiserka description. I think I know someone who is pretty much the opposite.
    The content is not typical Ij,I think that GoogleDoc is pretty neat ( if I can actually judge...).
    I think rational subtype of the irrational version. Decoded version: SEE-Fi seems to be OK.
    Thanks for taking a look.

What do you consider IJ content? Just curious
    ~~
    Scorpio() Capricorn (☾)
    Slytherin/Horned Serpent
    Chaotic Good

TIM
    EIE 2w3 So/Sx