Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Sedenology, a new typology website

  1. #1
    thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,024
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Post Sedenology, a new typology website

    Introducing a new personality type website called Sedenology, where you can type famous people, fictional characters, and people you know, and discuss your typings with others. Other features include creating benchmark lists and viewing statistics about your typings.

    Because of the sensitive nature of typing community members, your typings can be made private, public, or only visible to your friends on Sedenology.

    WSS Diagnostics has been using the site for a while, and now I'm making it accessible to the socionics community.

    https://sedenology.herokuapp.com

    The code (password) to sign up is "aushraonics" (no quotes).

    In addition to socionics, it also has MBTI, Enneagram, and DCNH.

    Please note that if you sign up, your facebook name will be visible to all logged-in users on the site (which there are relatively few of at this point, mostly from socionics facebook groups).

    (To mods - sorry if this is not allowed in this subforum, feel free to move it)
    Last edited by thehotelambush; 11-22-2016 at 06:24 AM.

    Articles - Questionnaire - Typology Network - Blog

    يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ إِنَّا خَلَقْنَاكُم مِّن ذَكَرٍ وَأُنثَىٰ وَجَعَلْنَاكُمْ شُعُوبًا وَقَبَائِلَ لِتَعَارَفُوا

    O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another.

  2. #2
    thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,024
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I haven't noticed many people from here sign up -- would people be more willing to join if facebook login wasn't required (aka you can choose your own username to stay anonymous)? Like this post if you agree.

    Articles - Questionnaire - Typology Network - Blog

    يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ إِنَّا خَلَقْنَاكُم مِّن ذَكَرٍ وَأُنثَىٰ وَجَعَلْنَاكُمْ شُعُوبًا وَقَبَائِلَ لِتَعَارَفُوا

    O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another.

  3. #3
    Haikus Persephone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The country of croissants
    Posts
    1,756
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Default

    I merely don't have a facebook account so I will remain excluded

  4. #4
    Strategic decisive obstinate aristocrat Wyrd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    844
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    1. "Diagnosis"



    2. Everything is so oversimplified (for example I'm back to self-typing E5 but there's kind of a huge difference between a 5w4 or 548 and a 5w6 or 513, and then you have instincts on top of that... Enneagram tries to be exact but isn't very fleshed-out IMO is why I have to keep going back and forth between 5w4 and 4w5 for now).

    3. DCNH, whhhhhy?

    4. Could I use it as a facebook app so I could use it with my friends (as in, real life ones, not Internet "friends" that seem to be what LIIs define as friends), but take my name off the *#*{$|+]*]*] public list that wasn't mentioned anywhere? I can't even delete my account in the meantime. @€*$=+}

    Last edited by Wyrd; 11-22-2016 at 02:03 AM.

  5. #5
    Poster Nutbag chips and underwear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    my own personal bubble
    TIM
    LII-Ne, 6w5 sp/so
    Posts
    3,928
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Verbrannte View Post
    1. "Diagnosis"



    2. Everything is so oversimplified (for example I'm back to self-typing E5 but there's kind of a huge difference between a 5w4 or 548 and a 5w6 or 513, and then you have instincts on top of that... Enneagram tries to be exact but isn't very fleshed-out IMO is why I have to keep going back and forth between 5w4 and 4w5 for now).

    3. DCNH, whhhhhy?

    4. Could I use it as a facebook app so I could use it with my friends (as in, real life ones, not Internet "friends" that seem to be what LIIs define as friends), but take my name off the *#*{$|+]*]*] public list that wasn't mentioned anywhere? I can't even delete my account in the meantime. @€*$=+}


    #1. I must be an exception. I feel like one of few sane ones here.
    #2. It would be nice to incorporate tritype and stackings.
    #3. DCNH is interesting and adds a whole new dimension to type.
    #4. A Facebook app would be nice to have. Which account are you unable to delete? The Sedenology account? The Facebook account? Or the account here? And what list do you mean by the ****** public list?





  6. #6
    Strategic decisive obstinate aristocrat Wyrd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    844
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    1. I was just joking about how the word "diagnosis" sounded. Also, I thought you were "poster nutbag"...
    2. Yeah.
    3. Yes, but why is there that and not one of the more common ones like producing vs. accepting (please don't call it dominant vs. creative because it's not dudebro jocks vs. emo artists).
    4.
    Last edited by Wyrd; 11-22-2016 at 09:06 AM.

  7. #7
    thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,024
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Verbrannte View Post
    1. "Diagnosis"
    I've used Typing in some places but Diagnosis is the more formal term. Typing is probably less confusing tbh.

    2. Everything is so oversimplified (for example I'm back to self-typing E5 but there's kind of a huge difference between a 5w4 or 548 and a 5w6 or 513, and then you have instincts on top of that... Enneagram tries to be exact but isn't very fleshed-out IMO is why I have to keep going back and forth between 5w4 and 4w5 for now).
    I would like to implement wings and instincts in the future but for now you can just put them in the analysis field.

    3. DCNH, whhhhhy?
    Because it's the more common system on WSS. I don't use it myself but it's something people do use.

    4. Could I use it as a facebook app so I could use it with my friends (as in, real life ones, not Internet "friends" that seem to be what LIIs define as friends), but take my name off the *#*{$|+]*]*] public list that wasn't mentioned anywhere? I can't even delete my account in the meantime. @€*$=+}
    Unfortunately it's no longer possible to import a facebook user's friend list, I would love to do that if possible.

    Sorry, I should have mentioned that: if you sign up, your name will be visible to all logged-in users on the site (which there are relatively few of at this point, mostly from socionics facebook groups). Let me know if you want me to delete your account and I'll do so ASAP.
    Last edited by thehotelambush; 11-22-2016 at 07:56 AM.

    Articles - Questionnaire - Typology Network - Blog

    يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ إِنَّا خَلَقْنَاكُم مِّن ذَكَرٍ وَأُنثَىٰ وَجَعَلْنَاكُمْ شُعُوبًا وَقَبَائِلَ لِتَعَارَفُوا

    O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another.

  8. #8
    thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,024
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ok, since you didn't have any typings I went ahead and deleted your account @Verbrannte. You can recreate it later if you wish. Mods @lungs @Director Abbie please remove the userlist pic from Verbrannte's post, this is a violation of privacy.
    Last edited by thehotelambush; 11-22-2016 at 09:58 AM.

    Articles - Questionnaire - Typology Network - Blog

    يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ إِنَّا خَلَقْنَاكُم مِّن ذَكَرٍ وَأُنثَىٰ وَجَعَلْنَاكُمْ شُعُوبًا وَقَبَائِلَ لِتَعَارَفُوا

    O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another.

  9. #9
    Strategic decisive obstinate aristocrat Wyrd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    844
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    ok, since you didn't have any typings I went ahead and deleted your account @Verbrannte. You can recreate it later if you wish. Mods @lungs @Director Abbie please remove the userlist pic from Verbrannte's post, this is a violation of privacy.
    That you know which one of all of the many is mine is exactly the problem. I didn't really consent to putting my info out there like that, hence the picture with Mephistopheles and the E.U.L.A. I wanted to be carefree and have fun on this site, now I have to do business lest I be discovered by people I know in real life to act like a lunatic here. It's better that I take the hit for potentially many others though since a lot of people weren't observant enough to even tell how this all worked ("what public list?"). *curls up and dies*
    Last edited by Wyrd; 11-22-2016 at 09:18 AM.

  10. #10
    thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,024
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Verbrannte View Post
    That you know which one of all of the many is mine is exactly the problem. I didn't really consent to putting my info out there like that, hence the picture with Mephistopheles and the E.U.L.A. I wanted to be carefree and have fun on this site, now I have to do business lest I be discovered by people I know in real life to act like a lunatic here. It's better that I take the hit for potentially many others though since a lot of people weren't observant enough to even tell how this all worked ("what public list?"). *curls up and dies*
    The userlist is not public, it's only visible to the ~70 users of the site, and you need the password to join, which has only been shared here and on a few facebook groups. There is hardly anyone on sedenology from your country, let alone someone who might know you IRL.

    Articles - Questionnaire - Typology Network - Blog

    يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ إِنَّا خَلَقْنَاكُم مِّن ذَكَرٍ وَأُنثَىٰ وَجَعَلْنَاكُمْ شُعُوبًا وَقَبَائِلَ لِتَعَارَفُوا

    O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another.

  11. #11
    Strategic decisive obstinate aristocrat Wyrd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    844
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    The userlist is not public, it's only visible to the ~70 users of the site, and you need the password to join, which has only been shared here and on a few facebook groups. There is hardly anyone on sedenology from your country, let alone someone who might know you IRL.
    Yeah, yeah, I know... Thanks...

  12. #12
    thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,024
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    I haven't noticed many people from here sign up -- would people be more willing to join if facebook login wasn't required (aka you can choose your own username to stay anonymous)? Like this post if you agree.
    ok, it seems like a lot of people are interested, so I will consider opening up non-Facebook registration. The issue though, is that the question of identity can become a bit tricky, say if people are active on facebook groups as well, or if they have different user names. The question of how to deal with duplicates without compromising people's privacy is tough - I know what chips and underwear's real name is but she may not want to divulge it to others on here. The choice is, do I make two typings on the site or just one? If I make two, do I write the same analysis (which could compromise privacy yet again)? My inclination is to keep things nice and neat but maybe being more open would result in net benefit to the community. Just be aware that information could still leak a bit.

    Articles - Questionnaire - Typology Network - Blog

    يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ إِنَّا خَلَقْنَاكُم مِّن ذَكَرٍ وَأُنثَىٰ وَجَعَلْنَاكُمْ شُعُوبًا وَقَبَائِلَ لِتَعَارَفُوا

    O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another.

  13. #13
    carrina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    wv
    TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Posts
    346
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    ok, it seems like a lot of people are interested, so I will consider opening up non-Facebook registration. The issue though, is that the question of identity can become a bit tricky, say if people are active on facebook groups as well, or if they have different user names. The question of how to deal with duplicates without compromising people's privacy is tough - I know what chips and underwear's real name is but she may not want to divulge it to others on here. The choice is, do I make two typings on the site or just one? If I make two, do I write the same analysis (which could compromise privacy yet again)? My inclination is to keep things nice and neat but maybe being more open would result in net benefit to the community. Just be aware that information could still leak a bit.
    People could have an optional user name? Seems like the accounts could "look" separate. But then I guess person would have to forfeit the option to interact with their real persona for the 16T one.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •