Thread: Sedenology, a new typology website

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Sedenology, a new typology website

edit: the current URL is https://sedecology.com and no Facebook sign-up is used or required.

Introducing a new personality type website called Sedenology, where you can type famous people, fictional characters, and people you know, and discuss your typings with others. Other features include creating benchmark lists and viewing statistics about your typings.

Because of the sensitive nature of typing community members, your typings can be made private, public, or only visible to your friends on Sedenology.

WSS Diagnostics has been using the site for a while, and now I'm making it accessible to the socionics community.

https://sedenology.herokuapp.com

The code (password) to sign up is "aushraonics" (no quotes).

In addition to socionics, it also has MBTI, Enneagram, and DCNH.

Please note that if you sign up, your facebook name will be visible to all logged-in users on the site (which there are relatively few of at this point, mostly from socionics facebook groups).

(To mods - sorry if this is not allowed in this subforum, feel free to move it)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't noticed many people from here sign up -- would people be more willing to join if facebook login wasn't required (aka you can choose your own username to stay anonymous)? Like this post if you agree.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

I merely don't have a facebook account so I will remain excluded

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. "Diagnosis"

2. Everything is so oversimplified (for example I'm back to self-typing E5 but there's kind of a huge difference between a 5w4 or 548 and a 5w6 or 513, and then you have instincts on top of that... Enneagram tries to be exact but isn't very fleshed-out IMO is why I have to keep going back and forth between 5w4 and 4w5 for now).

3. DCNH, whhhhhy?

4. Could I use it as a facebook app so I could use it with my friends (as in, real life ones, not Internet "friends" that seem to be what LIIs define as friends), but take my name off the *#*{$|+]*]*] public list that wasn't mentioned anywhere? I can't even delete my account in the meantime. @€*$=+}

Last edited by Pallas; 11-22-2016 at 02:03 AM.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Verbrannte View Post
    1. "Diagnosis"

2. Everything is so oversimplified (for example I'm back to self-typing E5 but there's kind of a huge difference between a 5w4 or 548 and a 5w6 or 513, and then you have instincts on top of that... Enneagram tries to be exact but isn't very fleshed-out IMO is why I have to keep going back and forth between 5w4 and 4w5 for now).

3. DCNH, whhhhhy?

4. Could I use it as a facebook app so I could use it with my friends (as in, real life ones, not Internet "friends" that seem to be what LIIs define as friends), but take my name off the *#*{$|+]*]*] public list that wasn't mentioned anywhere? I can't even delete my account in the meantime. @€*$=+}

#1. I must be an exception. I feel like one of few sane ones here.
    #2. It would be nice to incorporate tritype and stackings.
    #3. DCNH is interesting and adds a whole new dimension to type.
    #4. A Facebook app would be nice to have. Which account are you unable to delete? The Sedenology account? The Facebook account? Or the account here? And what list do you mean by the ****** public list?
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. I was just joking about how the word "diagnosis" sounded. Also, I thought you were "poster nutbag"...
    2. Yeah.
    3. Yes, but why is there that and not one of the more common ones like producing vs. accepting (please don't call it dominant vs. creative because it's not dudebro jocks vs. emo artists).
    Last edited by Pallas; 11-22-2016 at 09:06 AM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. "Diagnosis"
    I've used Typing in some places but Diagnosis is the more formal term. Typing is probably less confusing tbh.

I would like to implement wings and instincts in the future but for now you can just put them in the analysis field.

3. DCNH, whhhhhy?
    Because it's the more common system on WSS. I don't use it myself but it's something people do use.

Unfortunately it's no longer possible to import a facebook user's friend list, I would love to do that if possible.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that: if you sign up, your name will be visible to all logged-in users on the site (which there are relatively few of at this point, mostly from socionics facebook groups). Let me know if you want me to delete your account and I'll do so ASAP.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, since you didn't have any typings I went ahead and deleted your account @Verbrannte. You can recreate it later if you wish. Mods @lungs @Director Abbie please remove the userlist pic from Verbrannte's post, this is a violation of privacy.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    ok, since you didn't have any typings I went ahead and deleted your account @Verbrannte. You can recreate it later if you wish. Mods @lungs @Director Abbie please remove the userlist pic from Verbrannte's post, this is a violation of privacy.
    That you know which one of all of the many is mine is exactly the problem. I didn't really consent to putting my info out there like that, hence the picture with Mephistopheles and the E.U.L.A. I wanted to be carefree and have fun on this site, now I have to do business lest I be discovered by people I know in real life to act like a lunatic here. It's better that I take the hit for potentially many others though since a lot of people weren't observant enough to even tell how this all worked ("what public list?"). *curls up and dies*
    Last edited by Pallas; 11-22-2016 at 09:18 AM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That you know which one of all of the many is mine is exactly the problem. I didn't really consent to putting my info out there like that, hence the picture with Mephistopheles and the E.U.L.A. I wanted to be carefree and have fun on this site, now I have to do business lest I be discovered by people I know in real life to act like a lunatic here. It's better that I take the hit for potentially many others though since a lot of people weren't observant enough to even tell how this all worked ("what public list?"). *curls up and dies*
    The userlist is not public, it's only visible to the ~70 users of the site, and you need the password to join, which has only been shared here and on a few facebook groups. There is hardly anyone on sedenology from your country, let alone someone who might know you IRL.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The userlist is not public, it's only visible to the ~70 users of the site, and you need the password to join, which has only been shared here and on a few facebook groups. There is hardly anyone on sedenology from your country, let alone someone who might know you IRL.
    Yeah, yeah, I know... Thanks...

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't noticed many people from here sign up -- would people be more willing to join if facebook login wasn't required (aka you can choose your own username to stay anonymous)? Like this post if you agree.
    ok, it seems like a lot of people are interested, so I will consider opening up non-Facebook registration. The issue though, is that the question of identity can become a bit tricky, say if people are active on facebook groups as well, or if they have different user names. The question of how to deal with duplicates without compromising people's privacy is tough - I know what chips and underwear's real name is but she may not want to divulge it to others on here. The choice is, do I make two typings on the site or just one? If I make two, do I write the same analysis (which could compromise privacy yet again)? My inclination is to keep things nice and neat but maybe being more open would result in net benefit to the community. Just be aware that information could still leak a bit.

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, it seems like a lot of people are interested, so I will consider opening up non-Facebook registration. The issue though, is that the question of identity can become a bit tricky, say if people are active on facebook groups as well, or if they have different user names. The question of how to deal with duplicates without compromising people's privacy is tough - I know what chips and underwear's real name is but she may not want to divulge it to others on here. The choice is, do I make two typings on the site or just one? If I make two, do I write the same analysis (which could compromise privacy yet again)? My inclination is to keep things nice and neat but maybe being more open would result in net benefit to the community. Just be aware that information could still leak a bit.
    People could have an optional user name? Seems like the accounts could "look" separate. But then I guess person would have to forfeit the option to interact with their real persona for the 16T one.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mloolks View Post
    how this site works with short links?
    Sorry, what do you mean?

By the way, the current URL is https://sedecology.com and no Facebook sign-up is used or required.