Thread: INFp with Intuitive subtype description of traits (Ni-IEI/Ni-INFp)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INFp with Intuitive subtype description of traits (Ni-IEI/Ni-INFp)

Consistently uses physical appearance to draw attention to self; has a style of speech that is excessively impressionistic and lacking in detail. Is suggestible, i.e., easily influenced by others or circumstances; considers relationships to be more intimate than they actually are. Guilt. Spend money. Unwarranted pessimism; unfounded somatic concerns; helplessness and dependence on others for emotional support and decision making. Low Extraversion. Social isolation, interpersonal detachment, and lack of support networks; flattened affect; lack of joy and zest for life; reluctance to assert self or assume leadership roles, even when qualified; social inhibition and shyness. Excessive candor and generosity, to detriment of self-interest; inability to stand up to others and fight back; easily taken advantage of. Praise-hungry. Cannot tolerate boredom.

Desires/ Pleasures
    Romanticism, impressing others, captivating others, appreciation.

Fears/ Distresses (anxiety)
    Being ignored, unattractive, unlovable, uninteresting, abandoned, treated unfairly.

INFp must just be another term for depression

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where is that description from? What it describes is psychological pathology - not a type. I would be long gone if I were as innept, shut-off, and incompetant as this description makes INFps out to be.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's type related.

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I'm sure a lot of Socionists would probably agree with you. Most clinical psychologists would not, however.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are not talking about clinical psychology here.

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone with all or most of the attributes on that list is not a psychologically healthy human being.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many of the things fit you?

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see elements of it that are very true for me (in fact, almost all of it, but to a much lesser degree than is suggested), but taken to such extremes so as to create a picture of a baggage-case. Every single one of those statements needs to be followed up by qualification if it is to describe someone who is anything but a complete Fig Newton.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are still young. Give it time before you have baggage.

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, that description fit me very well when I was going through my teen angst emo stage... and consequently suffering from intense depression.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Traits of an INFp with Intuitive subtype

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo
    Consistently uses physical appearance to draw attention to self; has a style of speech that is excessively impressionistic and lacking in detail. Is suggestible, i.e., easily influenced by others or circumstances; considers relationships to be more intimate than they actually are. Guilt. Spend money. Unwarranted pessimism; unfounded somatic concerns; helplessness and dependence on others for emotional support and decision making. Low Extraversion. Social isolation, interpersonal detachment, and lack of support networks; flattened affect; lack of joy and zest for life; reluctance to assert self or assume leadership roles, even when qualified; social inhibition and shyness. Excessive candor and generosity, to detriment of self-interest; inability to stand up to others and fight back; easily taken advantage of. Praise-hungry. Cannot tolerate boredom.

Desires/ Pleasures
    Romanticism, impressing others, captivating others, appreciation.

Fears/ Distresses (anxiety)
    Being ignored, unattractive, unlovable, uninteresting, abandoned, treated unfairly.
    A lot of those things sound like INFp, but some of those things don't seem to fit:

"Social isolation, interpersonal detachment, and lack of support networks" In a type with strong ? Many INFps I know are very detached, introverted, shy, difficult to know, often feeling lonely...true. But they often do have support networks, especially if they're women.

"flattened affect; lack of joy and zest for life;"

I don't know where you get this; these people are [EDIT: types with in their ego block]. They're usually described as being highly expressive. Most INFps I know can be very, very expressive. That's a lot of their charm. Of course, being introverts, they may not always show it. But "flattened affect" sounds more like someone with weak , and certainly someone who's T....don't you think?

"reluctance to assert self or assume leadership roles, even when qualified"

That fits a lot of people. And yeah, many INFps I know are a little unsure of themselves when it comes to leadership, but I have seen a number of them become leaders. They have a very distinct style of leadership when they do become leaders. Of course INFp's unique strengths do not lend themselves toward an easy climb up the organizational ladder the way, say, an ESTj's strengths do.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Traits of an INFp with Intuitive subtype

=)

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Um, k.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there an equally negative description of ethical subtype INFPs? I ask this because I would love to be bashed as well .
    Then again I, like Starfall, see a lot of these traits in myself when I become depressed (and sometimes when I'm not depressed). Still, this characterization seems overly general and applicable to anyone experiencing mental illness.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by uninspired
    Still, this characterization seems overly general and applicable to anyone experiencing mental illness.
    These things wouldn't apply to an INTj.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Catholic Schoolboy
    Nononono...
    note the last frame here
    INTp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Touche, CatholicSchooboy. And Hugo, I know many INTJs who have experienced severe depressive episodes, bursting into fits of tears, irrational rage, hysteria, and misery. No one is immune.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is an example of what an INTj wouldn't do:
    Consistently uses physical appearance to draw attention to self
    I've changed the title slightly to reflect the content of the first post of this thread.

To bad INTj's are ugly most of the time.

Anyway... INFps don't wantto kill themselves they are too pussy. They want to self harm.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just because INTjs don't use physical appearance for the purpose of drawing attention to themselves doesn't mean they don't have a good physical appearance.

I would add that I work out regularly and have a developing muscular physique.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, more like an ectomorph with nicely formed shoulders and chest.

Oh. Okay.

When men tell me that they are "working out" that always flashes in my head.

That is very creepy.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh. Okay.

When men tell me that they are "working out" that always flashes in my head.

That is very creepy.
    lol me too

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Catholic Schoolboy hates INFps
    http://forum.socionix.com

I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Down the river, not across the steam
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

catholic schoolboy could very well be an intp. but i think her serious state of unhealth makes her impossible to type.
    asd

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    catholic schoolboy could very well be an intp. but i think her serious state of unhealth makes her impossible to type.
    I think she only seems unlike an INFp because of this. If you look away from stereotypes and at what her actual behavior behavior indicates, I think it becomes clear that she (a) is a member of Beta (aristocracy, Fe>Fi, Ti>Te), (b) shows MUCH more than , and (c) actually presonifies quite a few of the traits of a typical INFp, albeit taken to a bit of an extreme.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are probably right. Aristocracy is definitely a very large part of her dialouge and personality("XXXxs always do this. That is just like them!"). Am I the only one who is incredibly sensitive to what socionics deems 'aristocracy'? It's consequence of my quiet teenhood.
    asd

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    You are probably right. Aristocracy is definitely a very large part of her dialouge and personality("XXXxs always do this. That is just like them!"). Am I the only one who is incredibly sensitive to what socionics deems 'aristocracy'? It's consequence of my quiet teenhood.
    Never been a partygoer during my teens and fought with some of them, though the mere fact that I'm classifying people into partygoer vs not makes me pertain to aristocracy.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit