Thread: A reason IEEs benefit from SLIs' perspective

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A reason IEEs benefit from SLIs' perspective

...or maybe why Ne types benefit from Si types' groundedness.

...or maybe it's just me

In short, I suck at being in the moment, and tend to consider and consider and mentally engage in or prepare for things wayyy in advance, while my SLI husband reminds me to be here now, which he does naturally.

So I'm now pondering how this is a way IXEs and SXEs balance each other, bc imo you need both ways of thinking, and ideally strike a balance, and for me at least, that definitely does not come naturally.
    Last edited by SongOfSapphire; 06-12-2016 at 09:04 PM.
    "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is." - Yogi Berra

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
    ...or maybe why Ne types benefit from Si types' groundedness.

...or maybe it's just me

In short, I suck at being in the moment, and tend to consider and consider and mentally engage in or prepare for things wayyy in advance, while my SLI husband reminds me to be here now, which he does naturally.

So I'm now pondering how this is a way IXEs and SXEs balance each other, bc imo you need both ways of thinking, and ideally strike a balance, and for me at least, that definitely does not come naturally.
    You're on the right track, perhaps this helps:

http://mavericksocionics.blogspot.nl...stive-and.html
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being in the moment is very and something I wouldn't be interested in. is stuck in the past and is eagerly awaiting the future; while is set on creating their vision of something they would like to see realized. Honestly, in an IEE & SLI relationship, the SLI benefits way more from the relationship than the IEE ever does. Which is why the Extrovert is the one who calls the shots in the relationship.

IEE Ne Creative Type

Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Si helps IEE relax. All that Ep temperament can be exhausting and overtaxing
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Si helps IEE relax. All that Ep temperament can be exhausting and overtaxing
    Having subconscious 1D is why a lot of people confuse IEEs, especially the males as LIE. The key difference being that an LIE is triggered by conscious 4D while the IEE tends to relax and stop being so tense all the time. Which is why the ESI is the dual to the LIE, the ESI smacks the LIE on the ass and tells them to get over it and let it go!

IEE Ne Creative Type

Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!