Thread: Ferris Bueller's Day Off

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ferris Bueller's Day Off

A movie with NeSi themes and values, but I think the titular characters are gamma.

Ferris - SEE
    Cameron - ILI
    Sloan - SLI?

Ferris as SEE and not IEE because I think his pushiness and unrelenting insistence wrt Cameron coming out to have fun with him as well as his ready acceptance of his wrongdoing during the phone call was very Se-ego and SEE over IEE respectively.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to agree with these typings.

I'm not completely sure but I also tend to think that John Hughes is ESI. Interpersonal relationships and conflict are major themes in his work.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's an interesting interpretation. I was actually preparing myself for someone saying he's IEE seeing as I've often seen him typed that way. Would you be able to elaborate?

As for my own justification: I think he has an Ep temperament over an Ip temperament, that he's aware of his power and how to use it to benefit him, that he's forceful and that he's able to create his own power in the absence of structures that lend this power to him. In my original post I wasn't trying to say he was direct, I was trying to say he was pushy. Specifically he's pushy in opposition of the will of his friend and disrespectful of what his friend expressed he wanted for himself. Which is, imo, not very SEI-like, but I do think his actor has a Si-ego vibe.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with the typings. I had generally thought of Sloan as ESI (or SEE-Fi) but maybe i should rewatch. I've been compared to Cameron a few times.
    Last edited by Contra; 06-04-2016 at 05:02 PM.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about Jeannie?
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    What about Jeannie?
    Se-ego? Not much of an idea beyond this What do you think?

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I actually thought once that the movie was an Alpha "positivist" movie, but the Gamma suggestion seems reasonable and perhaps better. Ferris does seem to be EP temperament in any case.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    I actually thought once that the movie was an Alpha "positivist" movie, but the Gamma suggestion seems reasonable and perhaps better. Ferris does seem to be EP temperament in any case.
    I think it depends on what level you're tackling it at. If you're looking at it from the perspective of it being a movie in which Ferris Bueller is the protagonist, eschews authority and has a good time, it's an Alpha movie. But if you see Ferris as the McGuffin and Cameron as the real protagonist, and you interpret the movie as a narrative about Cameron's journey of personal growth: overcoming his neuroses, his character flaws and his fears, and finding the strength to confront his ultimate fear, his father, I think you could argue that it's Gamma.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

@yifflord, yes I think you are quite right (in regards people identifying with different aspects, and it being a Gamma movie on the whole, particularly with Cameron). I think similarly, many people will find Ferris' erratic behaviour rather irritating in general terms without really being associated with any specific IMs. It is of course too a youth comedy aimed at being widely appealing, so there isn't really a point where you fatally dislike the characters.

ah, I like the suggestion that I've read elsewhere that Ferris is actually from Cameron's imagination.

edit: with Sloane, it didn't seem to me like there was another to type her one way or another. She seemed quite easy-going, going along with the various antics, and I perhaps my perception merged in aspects of the actress's own personality: I tentatively thought ESE, but that was along with my "Alpha positivist" impressions for the movie (vs. the various antagonists).
    Last edited by Not A Communist Shill; 06-04-2016 at 10:45 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw it as IEI or EIE movie because the antagonist, the principal, is LSE. Ferris gets to play Enfj Hamlet. It got me curious about John Hughes personality I couldn’t figure him out. Is he EII IEE EIE IEI? He likes music a lot. The story from YouTube is he’s smoking cigarettes stays up all night and...boom new screenplay.
    Last edited by kinderlich; 10-24-2020 at 01:46 PM.