Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: How I feel about the functions. (maybe itll help type me)

  1. #1
    maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    2,716
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default How I feel about the functions. (maybe itll help type me)

    Se: Don't quite understand it but i can be straight forward when i really have to. I get slightly annoyed if someone says "be more tough, loud"
    I tend to put off things til the last minute or until i think ive waited way too long to do it. I go through long periods without doing anything and then shorter periods of constantly working to make up for it.

    Si: First of all, is Si health or a pleasurable experience, or beauty? Ive heard all three. I get how it could be long term health (to feel good, not sluggish etc) but to achieve long term health youd have to strain yourself. What if you ignore your health because its more comfortable to do nothing and eat food? And how does beauty come into it?
    Now, how i feel about it: I appreciate people with cool styles and stuff, im not good at creating it for myself, its more like i have to look at someone and then copy them instead of coming up with it myself. If i pick it myself its like a pair of jeans and a shirt because thats what im used to. I procrastinate alot, i like food. I kind of only enjoy it alone because when im not im not in a comfortable state of mind first of all so it wont be as good. I dont care alot about my health but its not like i dont care at all. I would like if someone helpd me with clothes but not food and coziness thats weird. I get mad if someone tells me i should shower or change clothes etc.

    Ni: I think about the future or past most of the time except when im like on the internet doing something fun. Think about how events will evolve and if i say/do this, maybe this will happen and i play it out in my head. Think about past conversations and what i couldve said and how that wouldve worked out. I have this thing i want to do next year, but im a little worried it might not happen because i procrastinate too long and ignore looking up what i need to do because i think itll work out anyways. but it wont i think. but im still too lazy to do anything about it. Im not really affected if someone says im bad at predicting things or how long something will take but it hurts when people say "why didnt you take action in time?" "why didnt you do this?" (when its related to a goal)

    Ne: This one i know the least about. Im not sure about my capabilities to intrigue others. If you have some questions related to Ne feel free to ask them because im not sure atm. I dont have several hobbies at the same time, it's more like i get obsessed with one hobby for a couple of months then i get disinterested in that and move on to the next. some times i come back to a previous hobby.

    Fi: Sometimes i'll have an opinion on someone but then i realize that most other people think another way and i'll just convert to thinking like them (But!! sometimes its not like this, sometimes my opinions about people dont change, lol). I dont like that i do that. If i find someone that agrees with me and seem smart ill 'convert' back. pretty sure thats how it usually works. I like having close bonds but im not great at creating them? i can feel if my partner is slipping away and i get worried. i havent been close with anyone thats not my boyfriend since like elementary school. I get a little sad if someones like haha u have no friends.

    Fe: I feel my emotions strongly but have a little trouble showing sad emotions to strangers. I can go from happy to sad easily but not sad to happy. its hard, or impossible, to ignore my emotions and focus on the task. Im not that great at cheering up people. I dont know how someone would criticize your Fe, maybe that you dont show emotion? i wouldnt get bothered by soemoen saying that to me.

    Ti: This is something im a little confused about again, i've heard it's either following the set up rules or the rules you made in your head, and that can make you dismiss rules somone else set up like socionics. so id ont get it. Anyways i follow rules if i have to. Im annoyed if someone doesnt have to follow the same rule as everyone else, but if i realise that the rules are flawed ill use that to my advantage to make it easier. Like in my school, the teacher says, this assignment has to be in by the 4th. But in the school law it says the student can show their abilities any time during the school year so it doesnt actually matter if its in by the 4th. its kind of annoying when people say these are the rules but then nothing happens if you break the rules.
    I follow instructions on things i dont know how to do. When i was younger i preferred driving according to actual laws but in games as opposed to just driving on lawns and shit lol. Idk how id react if someone criticized my ti. i do get annoyed if someones nit-picking what im saying and the slightest factual inaccuracy makes them criticize me, or logical inconsistency.

    Te: Im not good at doing the elbow work(i think). not sure about my Te. Before a test i try to do everything i can before it. Generally i dont care about how high my grades are unless i have to get a certain one to, lets say, get into a school i want to go to so i can do what i want in the future. i get annoyed if someone says im doing something wrong and that my way doesnt work as good.
    Last edited by maniac; 05-28-2016 at 07:21 PM.

  2. #2
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm marking to read this later. Thank you for sharing

  3. #3
    maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    2,716
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    bump

  4. #4
    Pookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Posts
    2,129
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Those are the elements.

    The functions are Base, Creative, etc...
    I would say that ethically you are still supposed to act as if you have unilateral responsibility; but simultaneously you have to be able to see the other as a fully autonomous, free, aware person.

    Medicalizing social problems has the additional benefit of rendering society not responsible for those social ills. If it’s a disease, it’s nobody’s fault. Yay empiricism.

  5. #5
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    you seem most confident in Si

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,099
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    your videointerview may help to type you
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  7. #7
    maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    2,716
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    you seem most confident in Si
    Even if i cant create coziness for others and dont like to cook food and care for others + gets mad when someone criticizes my hygiene or looks in terms of hygiene?

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,099
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msnobody View Post
    gets mad when someone criticizes my hygiene or looks in terms of hygiene?
    reminds ENFJ
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  9. #9
    maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    2,716
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    more thoughts?

  10. #10
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msnobody View Post
    Even if i cant create coziness for others and dont like to cook food and care for others + gets mad when someone criticizes my hygiene or looks in terms of hygiene?
    Yes because that is your person sense of comfort that they are disrupting

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,099
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Yes because that is your person sense of comfort that they are disrupting
    No. Because "gets mad" is too high negative reaction. For example, criticism in region of valued strong functions accepts rather quietly.
    As your own type is ENFJ, hence you think this as normal reaction.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  12. #12
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    No. Because "gets mad" is too high negative reaction. For example, criticism in region of valued strong functions accepts rather quietly.
    As your own type is ENFJ, hence you think this as normal reaction.
    Oh you think SEI, with their Fe, never get mad?

    And, you, you never get enraged?

  13. #13
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    No. Because "gets mad" is too high negative reaction. For example, criticism in region of valued strong functions accepts rather quietly.
    As your own type is ENFJ, hence you think this as normal reaction.
    What happens is that with time the person's own sense of comfort readjust to discomfort like getting mad. You say it's too high now, but maybe it's too early for this person or maybe they will never become uncomfortable.

    You never asked me "Maritsa, do you think it's a normal reaction that someone get too mad?" You just assumed that the answer is yes only because you want to validate your typing of EIE despite all information against it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •