Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: An idea for a test

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    TIM
    ESI 684
    Posts
    661
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default An idea for a test

    Now, what came to my mind was that most of these tests...aren't. For the lack of better word. My first question would be to ask "what is it they are exactly measuring?". So, I fell back to the definition of a test and the white world usage of a test: to test something in reality, of course! So, this is what I had in mind:

    I propose that we come up with a test that will be actually a set of exercises so a person could reasonably self type. Such as, for example, Ne and brainstorming exercises. This'd take some time for a person to finish those exercises, but it'd give a solid proof of a type and the feedback would be just phenomenal. A little of abstraction if you don't mind:

    It'd look like this:

    Inf.Element -> application(s) of that IE in Reality -> exercises for that IE -> Results

    example would be that Fi PoLRs would tend to have troubles with being polite / maintain relationships etc. And this would get proven easily when they'd get an exercise that said "be polite", "be considerate", "remain silent even when you are right", etc.

  2. #2
    Melodies of a Martian~
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    SoCal
    TIM
    SOME IxFp TYPE
    Posts
    671
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I love tests. Please do this



  3. #3
    ouronis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    TIM
    &*self
    Posts
    866
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Except it ain't that easy.
    salmon

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    TIM
    ESI 684
    Posts
    661
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    Except it ain't that easy.
    Well, I kinda mentioned that, din't I?

    First thing we'd need is a consensus on what each IE actually is, followed by how the specific function modifies said IE(dimensionality perhaps?). We simply can't proceed without these theoretical principles.

  5. #5
    rougerogue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    242
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chryssie View Post
    I love tests. Please do this
    I have a test for you: name four days of the week that start with "t".

  6. #6
    ouronis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    TIM
    &*self
    Posts
    866
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nondescript View Post
    Well, I kinda mentioned that, din't I?

    First thing we'd need is a consensus on what each IE actually is, followed by how the specific function modifies said IE(dimensionality perhaps?). We simply can't proceed without these theoretical principles.
    No, you didn't. Anyway, point is, it's like asking someone to describe a kaleidoscope.
    salmon

  7. #7
    Melodies of a Martian~
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    SoCal
    TIM
    SOME IxFp TYPE
    Posts
    671
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rogue View Post
    I have a test for you: name four days of the week that start with "t".
    oOOH i KNOW this!

    Thursday, Tuesday, T-.... o. o I swear there were more.



  8. #8

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    TIM
    IEE-Ne 792 so/sx
    Posts
    342
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    Anyway, point is, it's like asking someone to describe a kaleidoscope.
    Pretty cool, but pretty weird.

  9. #9
    ouronis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    TIM
    &*self
    Posts
    866
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kimu View Post
    Pretty cool, but pretty weird.
    Ne is pretty cool, but pretty weird. Te is pretty bland, but pretty normal. Si is pretty mellow, but pretty boring.

    My opinions on how the world works are pretty great, but pretty shashafiku.
    salmon

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    TIM
    IEE-Ne 792 so/sx
    Posts
    342
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So if all kaleidoscopes are pretty cool, but pretty weird.
    And all Ne is pretty cool, but pretty weird.
    Then all kaleidoscopes are Ne.

  11. #11
    ouronis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    TIM
    &*self
    Posts
    866
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kimu View Post
    So if all kaleidoscopes are pretty cool, but pretty weird.
    And all Ne is pretty cool, but pretty weird.
    Then all kaleidoscopes are Ne.
    Yeah, Socrates was of this view as well.
    salmon

  12. #12
    Chacha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    France
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    45
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Unfortunately we can't have a scientifically valid test, because the whole Socionics isn't scientifically valid per se.
    So in a sense you are right. But you seem to accord a lot of importance about "behavior", with your example about Fi PoLR. I know that it is an example, but is it not possible to type someone based on their behavior.
    Typing can be pretty effective with an objective analysis of a questionnaire / or interview. In order to find a sociotype, the best method is to look at the manifestations of IEs in this Q/interview, judge their dimensionnality (this is totally objectively doable), and deduce a type from the IEs the interviewee put his focus on.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    TIM
    ESI 684
    Posts
    661
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chacha View Post
    Unfortunately we can't have a scientifically valid test, because the whole Socionics isn't scientifically valid per se.
    So in a sense you are right. But you seem to accord a lot of importance about "behavior", with your example about Fi PoLR. I know that it is an example, but is it not possible to type someone based on their behavior.
    Typing can be pretty effective with an objective analysis of a questionnaire / or interview. In order to find a sociotype, the best method is to look at the manifestations of IEs in this Q/interview, judge their dimensionnality (this is totally objectively doable), and deduce a type from the IEs the interviewee put his focus on.
    I guess we can agree on me wanting a more...physical proof. Nothing bad with that. But, yes, properly constructed test with equally properly evaluated questions and equally proper honesty / self understanding from test taker are also good. Too bad there is just so many variables there.

  14. #14
    stronger, faster, weirder
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    TIM
    SLE 8w9-2-5 SX/sp
    Posts
    1,445
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    Ne is pretty cool, but pretty weird. Te is pretty bland, but pretty normal. Si is pretty mellow, but pretty boring.

    My opinions on how the world works are pretty great, but pretty shashafiku.
    You had me at hello. You lost me at shashafiku.

  15. #15
    ouronis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    TIM
    &*self
    Posts
    866
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I...had you?..and, I lost you?
    salmon

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •