Thread: No questionaire. Instead, a discussion.

TIM
    SEI 9w8 sp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default No questionaire. Instead, a discussion.

Thanks again, @Sol, but I have no intention of making a video at this time even if it is the most reliable method of type identification.

I want to skip the questionnaires and discuss my understanding and relationship to the IM elements. Ideally, based on feedback, Iíll have a better idea on what to adjust in said understanding and how it affects my typing.

For Sensation, I understand Si to be focused more on the flow, cohesion, and disruption of a space with sensitivity to being influenced by it while Se is more focused on the physical potential or attributes of a space with a focus on influencing it to work for the individual.

For Logic, Ti focuses on the internal coherence of a system while Te focuses on the external application of a system.

For Ethics, Fe orients to others and seeks external ethical validity and unity while Fi orients to the self and emphasizes the resonance and reception of external ideals with said self.

For Intuition, Ne perceives the present variability of an object while Ni perceives the contextual development of an object.

Under these definitions, I relate more to Si and it's attention to aesthetic and comfort over Se but I cannot distinguish how much of that is IM preference vs being a 9w8 sp/so in enneagram. While usually non-reactive, I can be very stubborn about my deliberate actions. If I seriously seek to influence a space, I will not do so overtly or in a way that puts my interests at risk. I will sooner understate my position and understanding to better evaluate the position and understanding of others. I prioritize comfortable distance over direct intervention when possible. I try to avoid applying pressure because it is annoying when done to me.

In general, I have always related more to a rationalistic Ti point of view than an empirical Te one. Neither is without flaw but I personally see the scope of knowledge for the latter as smaller than the former since it relies upon the objectivity and soundness of our senses and I'm a little too Cartesian to fully believe that.

I also relate to Fe more than Fi since I rarely have strong or immediate reactions of approval or repulsion to people, objects, or ideas. It tends to take me a while to decide on a preference which usually results in me taking whatever is most convenient and occasionally regretting it after. I have always valued social adaptability over a more rigidly defined self-concept and I try to avoid taking myself too seriously. I tend to feel awkward in situations that require overt voicing of opinions and displays of emotion.

Iím less certain about which orientation of Intuition better fits me. For Ne, I relate to the preference for uncertainty, distilling of essence, and recognizing the diversity of conditions but I do not relate to the wild, unstructured, outside-the-box chaotic creativity itís typically associated with. For Ni, I would say that I am sensitive to and highly anticipatory of cause/effect and archetypal themes but I do not consider myself overly imaginative. My mind is usually a still and quiet place, part of which is due to training.

Test wise, I tend to score alpha NT - Ti subtype but I do not relate to their social imperceptiveness.

Via questionnaire and discussion I tend to be typed gamma NT or, to a lesser extent, delta ST but both are Serious groups who value Fi and Te over Ti and Fe which I am hesitant to agree with.

When I am typed an Ethical type it is almost exclusively IEI but that type happens to be beta which is the quadra I currently identify with the least (mostly due to the rough relationships Iíve had with many Betas).

I can provide more detail or clarification if asked. Thanks for reading.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I think that you can figure out your type

TIM
    SEI 9w8 sp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I think that you can figure out your type
    Does this mean that my explanation of the IM elements is accurate? If so, I'm a little surprised by that.

I used to alternate between ILE and LII but I do not feel as stunted in Fe and Si as those types are expected to be. I temporarily switched to SEI but didn't stay there long.

I want other perspectives to help confirm my understanding and minimize my own biases. When the little bit of self-image I have is contradicted, I want to know why but I rarely get satisfactory explanations.

TIM
    SEI 9w8 sp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if I erred by skipping the questionnaire.

Though the most frequent response to them is that they aren't very informative.

Whereby people proceed to ask questions and throw hunches.

Perhaps I erred by skipping the questionnaire and breaking procedure. "Disrupting the flow?"

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You never know. People may start answering soon. I don't think I know enough to respond with something helpful. Some recommend that you make a video.

Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I certainly think that reading the theory (including type descriptions) and taking tests would be a far more effective use of time for attempting to find out your type than questionnaires. Apart from them being inordinately time-consuming and not being well-read by others, too much emphasis is placed on certain answers (e.g. in regards a question on "logic", you might say that "of course logic is very important" or "logical processes are not something I spend a great deal of time thinking about"...I don't believe either answer in isolation would tell you (or anybody else) anything concrete about yourself.
    EII-Ne
    5w4 or 1w9 Sp/So

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You understand the functions well, yes

You prefer Si over Se, so you say about yourself

TIM
    SEI 9w8 sp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    You understand the functions well, yes

You prefer Si over Se, so you say about yourself
    And from my presentation, would you agree with that?

Also, it only took me 3 days to cave:

Is it worse to fail at something or never attempt it in the first place?
    To never attempt. I believe that failure can be just as, if not more, informative than success.

If you could choose just one thing to change about the world, what would it be?
    I would change nothing. I want to see the world go its course for good or for ill.

To what extent do you shape your own destiny, and how much is down to fate?

I donít believe things are fully determined or fully free but I am doubtful that I am capable of knowing either for truth.

What happens after we die?
    The energetic chaos that keeps the body alive disperses. I do not know where it goes and Iíve no interest in pretending to.

Should people care more about doing the right thing, or doing things right?
    I am not the moral arbiter of humanity.

What one piece of advice would you offer to a newborn infant?
    Nothing. Unless I am able to telepathically fix something into its brain, it will neither understand nor remember.

Where is the line between insanity and creativity?
    If insanity is to perceive that which is not of reality and if creativity is to conceive something that is not yet of reality, then the line might be very thin indeed.

What is true happiness?
    I do not have a singular subjective ideal and I donít believe in an objective one.

What things hold you back from doing the things that you really want to?
    Money and imposed obligations to others.

What makes you, you?
    Flesh, pulse, and intermittent volition.

What is the truth?
    Anything real from that particular point of view.

If lying is wrong, are white lies okay?
    Can the liar live with the lie and all the consequences it might bring?

How do you know your perceptions are real?
    I donít.

What makes a good friend?
    Synergy.

Why do people fear losing things that they do not even have yet?
    Disengagement from the present. Over-investment in an ideal.

Who decides what morality is?
    The seed comes from the individual. It is disseminated and modulated by the collective.

What is the difference between living and being alive?
    Growth.

Is a ďwrongĒ act okay if nobody ever knows about it?

Somebody knows about it. Does that body believe it ďwrongĒ?

Is there a reason to life?
    Objectively? Unlikely.

How do you know that your experience of consciousness is the same as other peopleís experience of consciousness?
    I donít.

What is true strength?
    Subjective.

What is true love?
    Subjective.

Is a family still relevant in the modern world?
    A potential source of stability. Or instability. Either can make a nice motivator.

What role does honor play in todayís society?
    May ease the ability to live with the self.

If money cannot buy happiness, can you ever be truly happy with no money?
    Money can buy security and security leaves people free to pursue what they will. Often happiness.

How should people live their lives?
    I am not the moral arbiter of humanity.

How much control do you have over your life?
    Enough to have some fun. To build some things or break them as need. To pave a road or leave it rugged.

What is freedom?
    Access to alternatives outcomes. Perhaps not all of them.

Isnít one personís terrorist another personís freedom fighter?
    Sure. It might even be the same person.

Does nature shape our personalities more than nurture?
    Are they necessarily two different things?

What defines you?
    My ego.

What do people strive for after enlightenment?
    I am not an omniscient.

Do we have a soul?
    Since I donít know what a soul is, I canít give an answer. Even if I did, I probably still couldnít.

What is intelligence?
    Facility at learning.

Do you make your own decisions, or let others make them for you?
    I make my own when I can and wish to.

What is reality?
    Experience of what manifests.

Is trust more important than love?
    I personally see trust as a prerequisite to love.

Is it easier to love or be loved?
    Personally again, it is easier to be loved.

Is it better to love and lose or never to love?
    I do not know.

Do aliens exist?
    I do not know.

...I'm a caver but not a complete one.