Thread: Nightcrawler (Film)

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Nightcrawler (Film)

Lou Bloom: Ti-ILE aspie
    Nina: Fe-EIE
    Last edited by suedehead; 05-08-2016 at 09:43 AM.

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw this when it came out sooo I don't remember it that well except that he was creepy. I think he would be a sociopath not necessarily an aspie.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by summerprincess View Post
    I saw this when it came out sooo I don't remember it that well except that he was creepy. I think he would be a sociopath not necessarily an aspie.
    Yeah, sociopath, not an aspie. He was plenty charming and duplicitous when he needed to be. I think he was LIE-Ni.

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

One of the best movies ever

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i thought lou's character was ILI-Te, but LIE is def worth considering imo. i'd been thinking nina might be ESI.

i love this movie.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    i thought lou's character was ILI-Te, but LIE is def worth considering imo.
    At first I was sure he was ILI, but when the movie went on I thought LIE fits better. One of my favourite movies also.

Nina is Se creative imo.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lou has 4D Se and 4D Te, SLE.

He’s very bold with Se and is very straightforward with what he wants, but more importantly, the line of work he does with being around nitty gritty stuff, he doesn’t even flinch. That’s not because he’s a sociopath. It’s because he’s got 4D valued Se and it’s thrilling work because there’s danger in it. He talks a lot about power/hierarchy. Anyone who tries to have leverage over him, he effectively gets rid of them, like cutting the brakes on the van that belonged to a competitor stringer and getting his assistant shot after the assistant blackmailed him. He dominates and imposes on his environment by going to places he’s not allowed (if he’s not caught), arrange certain elements of the physical crime scenes so it would “look” right, steals, etc. He’s very physically present and aware of his physical environment which he exploits and is very resourceful which is that he’s very good at stealing He sells gorey video footage to earn some money because he needs it but ends up liking it and keeps doing it because he enjoys it and gets to work on his own and be his own boss, but moreso, to avoid being under anyone else. He didn’t get into the business bc he thought about it randomly nor did he even envisioned himself doing something like that, so intuition (Ne and Ni) isn’t strong. He got into this line of work due to Se which happened by chance that he was at the right physical place at the right time and talked to stringers which gave him the idea.

He has a very factual mind, quickly learns things and applies them but also takes it for granted, Te demo. He don’t care about the steps nor the how to’s of doing something, which is what Te leads are concerned with. He figured out on his own “how” to do things by actually doing it and got good at it very quickly. He learns a lot of things and knows how it logically works which is creative Ti. He mentioned he learned a lot of stuff online but didn’t learn with a plan in mind, yet he could easily apply principles of what he learned to real life.

In social settings, he talks a lot to lighten the atmosphere, smiles a lot and jokes around, but ends up saying some really weird things, mob Fe. He does do the minimal of what’s socially required, maintains a sense of affability, cordial, introduces himself, appears cooperative, etc. He has PoLR Fi and doesn’t know who to trust so he trusts on face value those he comes across and doesn’t deal with complexities of relationships. Very black/white with Fi things- like getting his assistant shot when Rick blackmailed him and coercing Nina into a romantic relationship despite her multiple rejections and reasoning (she’s double his age, it’s unprofessional, etc.). Then there’s the ethical nature of what he does, which is amoral and he doesn’t even think of that aspect. This is fun, thrilling work that he’s good at and enjoys. There’s no moral dimension to any of this nor his viewpoint.

It’s important to note that he does the majority of the dirty work himself, which is evidenced by 3D Si. Even when he set up an internship to teach others about nightcrawling, he said he wouldn’t expect them to do what he wouldn’t do. Which is to say, he does a lot.

I laughed at LIE for his type because LIE has PoLR Si and would fucking puke at the sight of blood and danger. They don’t get their hands dirty and would hire everyone to do everything for them while putting their branding on it. They like managing others but don’t do any of the dirty work. Aside from that, their Se is total shit and they just bluntly Te steamroll when they don’t get their way. Lou doesn’t steamroll. He knows how to scale his Se and he knows when he can win a situation or have to fold and he allows people to argue with him, explains to people his position (sometimes extensively), and his arguments are framed based on internal reasoning (Ti) which is often backed by external evidence (Te), but he won’t use Te if he doesn’t have to. There’s also no evidence of any intuition, as he deals with the present, tangible environment, whereas LIE have 4D unvalued Ne. Lou isn’t good with Ne as he doesn’t evaluate possibilities but prefers to dive right in by doing things to see what happens. He doesn’t speculate.

Nina strikes me as LSI which would make her Lou’s mirror. She’s not concerned with moral rules but is about operational rules and legal rules. She airs very graphic and morally “sketchy” footage of crime scenes and yells at others who tries to moralize her about the news.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SnatchYourWeave View Post
    Lou has 4D Se and 4D Te, SLE.

I laughed at LIE for his type because LIE has PoLR Si and would fucking puke at the sight of blood and danger. They don’t get their hands dirty and would hire everyone to do everything for them while putting their branding on it. They like managing others but don’t do any of the dirty work. Aside from that, their Se is total shit and they just bluntly Te steamroll when they don’t get their way. Lou doesn’t steamroll. He knows how to scale his Se and he knows when he can win a situation or have to fold and he allows people to argue with him, explains to people his position (sometimes extensively), and his arguments are framed based on internal reasoning (Ti) which is often backed by external evidence (Te), but he won’t use Te if he doesn’t have to. There’s also no evidence of any intuition, as he deals with the present, tangible environment, whereas LIE have 4D unvalued Ne. Lou isn’t good with Ne as he doesn’t evaluate possibilities but prefers to dive right in by doing things to see what happens. He doesn’t speculate.
    The LIE I know aren't turned off by dirt, sweat, or blood. They do get bored with repetition and detail.
    Socionics authors talk about how much Jack London (ENTj) joys in getting out in the fields and working shoulder-to-shoulder with their team. I've found that in my own life.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    The LIE I know aren't turned off by dirt, sweat, or blood. They do get bored with repetition and detail.
    Socionics authors talk about how much Jack London (ENTj) joys in getting out in the fields and working shoulder-to-shoulder with their team. I've found that in my own life.
    So you’re saying this to defend your typing? Si PoLR does work just the way I described. Just because Jack London is typed as LIE and was an “adventurer” reporter doesn’t mean that’s the norm of LIE nor does you identifying with him makes you LIE. Watch the film and then give an analysis. You have the shitty habit of turning everything back into being about yourself.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you’re saying this to defend your typing?
    Nope. I'm not saying this to defend my typing. I AM saying this, having studied socionics for years and having 4 distinct article passages by socionics authors pop into my head when I read what you wrote....article passages that your viewpoint contrasts with. I'm confident in my typing.
    Si PoLR does work just the way I described.
    Si PoLR works IN PART the way you described. The parts that socionics agrees with you on, I didn't dispute: yeah, ENTJs and ENFJs get bored with repitition and tediousness, and they do love to pay someone else to do things.
    Just because Jack London is typed as LIE and was an “adventurer” reporter doesn’t mean that’s the norm of LIE
    No, it doesn't. However he was considered such an exemplar of type that he's used by socionists as a blueprint of LIE-ness.AND YOU MISSED THAT I WAS NOT TALKING ABOUT THE AUTHOR. I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE TYPE THE WAY THE SOCIONISTS DO: THEY USE NICKNAMES FOR THE TYPES. I was talking about the type and referencing the socionists' explanations of the type.
    nor does you identifying with him makes you LIE.
    Good thing I'm not basing my typing on identifying with him. Why did you assume that I was? That's so simplistic...
    Watch the film and then give an analysis.
    Do you have great results trying to order other people around on what you want them to do? That's not how a forum works.
    You have the shitty habit of turning everything back into being about yourself.
    No, I don't. I simply recognize that anecdotes and large scale info are easier for human minds to accept than are non-anecdotal info alone.
    Last edited by nanashi; 10-13-2020 at 12:05 AM.

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like this music video. Seems fitting.

SLE-Ti, LIE-Ni, ILI-Te all seem reasonable to me. If he's thought to be LIE though it doesn't match well with the reinin dichotomies. Reinin says LIE is carefree, positivist, and emotive and that's been true in my experience, so I don't think that's quite...right(?). But I don't know how theoretically sound Reinin is or if it has even been explained why the different types would fall under certain categories and not others. Maybe it's more of a statistical bell-curve kind of thing based off his observations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Just rename this place Beta Central lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    The only problem socionics has given me is a propensity to analyze every relationship from the lens of socionics and I also see that it is worse in my boyfriend. Nothing makes any sense that way and it does not really solve any problems.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the SLE suggestion for Lou. I think what is making this so confusing is the actor is an intuitive and it's throwing off the vibe a bit.

I watched it again and it's true that I'm not sure why Nina would be ethical...

I feel like Rick might be XEI...

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spoiler alert !

LIE with APD (?)

I really like The Vile Eye Youtube Channel. He makes very good content and rather profound analysis of evil fictional characters. I think I'm gonna use a lot of his stuff as material for typing purposes.