Thread: How to systemically V.I. Alphas

TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How to systemically V.I. Alphas

It's been my experience that Alpha types have a very 'agreeable' appearance, formed by the combination of child-like eyes and a generous/inviting Fe smile. They are not as suave as the Beta types (nor are their eyes intense) but they are similarly cordial and in-tune with the emotional atmosphere. This means that when they talk, they use well coordinated emotional energy, gestures and smiles.

Their smiles are on-beat (not asymmetrical or prone to lift itself up to one side), the timing of their presentation is also on-beat and plays the social game. They are not really the "dominators" of the social game, but they can still play it. But their vibe is less cunning and more homey, if a bit "parental".

Their eyes have that naive/curious quality that we also see in Delta types:

However, their mouth/smiles look more like this:

They are wide and use the zygomaticus muscles to pull the smile outward, instead of pulling the smile toward the nose as we see in Delta types and Gamma types. And below are just some celeb Alphas that I composited together to demonstrate the appearance as I've seen it. Barack Obama is one iconic, very idealistic, diplomatic Alpha.

I wonder what you guys think about this observation? How does it compare to your personal experience?

Really excited to share these things with you guys!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Get the Rod Novichkov book and see if your theory coincides. He's an LII friend who wrote a book on Socionics. I do believe that each type has use of certain facial muscles that communicate an unspoken language.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Get the Rod Novichkov book and see if your theory coincides. He's an LII friend who wrote a book on Socionics. I do believe that each type has use of certain facial muscles that communicate an unspoken language.
    Ah, that's what I've been looking for.
    Thanks, I see it on amazon.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandoval View Post
    Ah, that's what I've been looking for.
    Thanks, I see it on amazon.
    you are welcome. I've made extensive additions to the list and may be able to p.m.you that when I finish the categories
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you are welcome. I've made extensive additions to the list and may be able to p.m.you that when I finish the categories
    Oh, you're helping to expand it too? ...maybe to add to a version two?

I'd love to see your list, whenever you have it ready.

TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't learned about the connective/receptive description but I think you're probably right about the photos... I didn't mean to draw that connotation. Is there an article somewhere?

Also, is 'high eye-focus' defined somewhere too?

All that said, I have had many experiences where Gamma individuals, despite being the most lovable people in real-life sometimes, can have this RBF effect. They complain about it too. I think it's because of micro-signals of contempt, stemming from Fi's inner feeling radiating outward. I mean no disrespect! I'm just trying to describe what I see. ^^

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    These expressions remind me of the characters from Friends.
    I only see Joey. The others no

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

These expressions remind me of the characters from Friends.
    Did you look at emotional emots?
    -

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yes, the (usually gummy) smile reference has always helped me. Along with the triangular shape of their eyes, which are droopy toward the outer corner, hence the inquisitive vibe.

Almost like a puppy. SEIs have very prominent ones.

I also noticed that Alphas possess very pronounced nasolabial folds. Even when they are dead serious, it's obvious that they smile a lot:

When they smile actively, the nasolabial folds become angular (up to a perfect 90° display), you see that in the OP as well.

That wink!

LIIs are the most tricky ones to V.I because they usually lack the smile, see Filatova portraits.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Yes, the (usually gummy) smile reference has always helped me. Along with the triangular shape of their eyes, which are droopy toward the outer corner, hence the inquisitive vibe.
    LIIs are the most tricky ones to V.I because they usually lack the smile, see Filatova portraits.
    LSI
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Obama - ENFP

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Fe demonstrative could also work, noted

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Obama - ENFP
    This

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokomis View Post
    This
    NO

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Obama - ENFP
    NO

LSI
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Noooooo. Like, hell to the no kind of no.
    yes honestly yes yes yes
    -

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NO

NO

LSI
    Huh? I don't remotely see it.

Ne POLR for the guy known for 'hope' and 'change'? The man is just dropping with Ne. Fi seems more likely than Ti. I find his speeches off putting and alienating and it has nothing to do with the political content which I largely agree with.