Thread: How to systemically V.I. Gammas

TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How to systemically V.I. Gammas

In my experience with Gammas, they often come with their own flavor of sensual allure - like the Betas. But Gamma types, being far more independent, will lack that Fe charisma and persuasive charm. Especially if they're female, they may be more cat-ish, and a little aloof (yet very sensitive/frail somehow). One way I can describe this is by a sort of "Megan Fox" look. Often times the eyebrows will be raised high, the eyes (like those of Beta types) will be focused, intense and sharp.

But unlike the Betas, their mouths and smiles will not be "smooth" and wide open to the sides. It is usually pinched around the nose area, and creates a look like:

Rather than coming across as 'confrontational' like the Beta's more horizontal mouth-muscle tone, Gamma types can look more sassy and 'upset' in a passive-aggressive way even when they're not. They have a partial 'snarl' going on a lot of the time.

Their laughs may be unordinarily loud, and their facial expressions can be very intense or even scary-looking unintentionally. When they talk it's a little bit dismissive, and when Te is strong... their speech can be very fast, snippy (with a lot of head rattlings) and matter-of-fact.

When Fi is strong in the Gamma, then the voice sounds whispery like the voice of FiSe Michael Jackson and FiSe Marilyn Monroe.

I wonder... how do these ideas align with your own observations of gammas?
    Last edited by Sandoval; 05-05-2016 at 09:35 PM.

TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the most stereotypical (for me) visual appearance of SeFi types with strong Se use (SeFi-Se?)

They do a lot of asymmetrical mouth expressions, because they don't have the "social coordination" of Fe. Instead, their expressions are a little bit off-synch, or off-beat and are just flung out according to how their private emotion feels at every passing second.

Other gamma types look different, but have a very similar default appearance.

A man chooses, a slave obeys MensSuperMateriam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The guy from the bottom right has virtually the same expression I have when I try to "smile" in front of a camera (and I'm in a good mood for trying). Which gamma type, in particular, would you attribute to this face/composite?.

So the asymmetrical face expressions are more common in TeFi types. This also fits my observations (and makes sense when comparded to Fe valuers, as you've pointed). I'm taking a look to your delta thread, and roughly, delta smiles are quite similar but "kinder" (sort of). Gammas (or at least, the faces you present as gamma) seems to be a bit "sharper" (Se valuing?) and/or more "detached" (Ni valuing?) in comparison.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is me, down to the whispery (sometimes) voice.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bled View Post
    Awesome! And you're SeFi with strong Fi, that would make sense. When Fi is strong then the breathy or whispey voice comes out more. It is also topic-specific sometimes, so if the topic touches on something very personally meaningful the level of it can increase.

Y'know, another member I just saw yesterday who is also SeFi fits the above images: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...nd-a-New-Video!

Quote Originally Posted by MensSuperMateriam View Post
    The guy from the bottom right has virtually the same expression I have when I try to "smile" in front of a camera (and I'm in a good mood for trying). Which gamma type, in particular, would you attribute to this face/composite?.

So the asymmetrical face expressions are more common in TeFi types. This also fits my observations (and makes sense when comparded to Fe valuers, as you've pointed). I'm taking a look to your delta thread, and roughly, delta smiles are quite similar but "kinder" (sort of). Gammas (or at least, the faces you present as gamma) seems to be a bit "sharper" (Se valuing?) and/or more "detached" (Ni valuing?) in comparison.
    Yes, spot on. It's certainly not to say they're innately less kind or that Deltas are kinder. That's entirely situational. But some of the psychic differences will lead to Gammas being more direct overall, less scattered and buoyant.

- Se types will be more direct in their interaction with the outer world and "amped" in their play
    - Ne types will interact via proxy (idea, simulation, game) and be more "silly" in their play
    - Ni will carry a distinct sense of anticipation, and be less open to hypothetical alternatives.

Things like this contribute to Gammas being more 'edgy' both sensually and practically. They may be fans of dry sarcasm or humor, or may have a "no-bullshit" attitude toward inconveniences. Many are very practical in their perspective of what the situation calls for -- balanced, of course, with some of Fi's idealism which will still always be very imaginative and freed from thinking practically.
    Last edited by Sandoval; 05-08-2016 at 05:32 PM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bled View Post
    I can never tell when you're serious and when you're pulling my leg.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rogue350 View Post
    I can never tell when you're serious and when you're pulling my leg.
    Maybe I'm seriously pulling your leg?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

My voice is not whispery at all @Sandoval

TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by msnobody View Post
    My voice is not whispery at all @Sandoval
    Hmm. I couldn't say fully just from the pics you posted, but if TeNi is actually your type... the whispery bit may not apply.

The breathy quality reveals itself when Fi is highly valued in the Fi/Te user, or there is an open channel between the person and their emotional center. The flip side of this is Te. If a Gamma type is high-Te, or has high use of Te in general, the voice is completely the opposite. It'll be pinched, nasal and a bit deadpan. SeFi Dakota Fanning in the above video is a good example of this. But to give one more example of Te's voice, here TeNi Kristen Hadeed:

One word I use to describe this is "sassy". I wonder, how does this voice tone relate to yours?

Granted, there are also plenty of Gammas (and all other types) with regular voices as well. But they will, as expected, reveal a psyche with no strong over-reliance on either Te or Fi.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandoval View Post
    Hmm. I couldn't say fully just from the pics you posted, but if TeNi is actually your type... the whispery bit may not apply.

The breathy quality reveals itself when Fi is highly valued in the Fi/Te user, or there is an open channel between the person and their emotional center. The flip side of this is Te. If a Gamma type is high-Te, or has high use of Te in general, the voice is completely the opposite. It'll be pinched, nasal and a bit deadpan. SeFi Dakota Fanning in the above video is a good example of this. But to give one more example of Te's voice, here TeNi Kristen Hadeed:

One word I use to describe this is "sassy". I wonder, how does this voice tone relate to yours?

Granted, there are also plenty of Gammas (and all other types) with regular voices as well. But they will, as expected, reveal a psyche with no strong over-reliance on either Te or Fi.
    Not how I sound. xD I'll send you a vid.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Sandoval Half way through I got the pun "Student Maid". Now I'm ROFL

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by handjob View Post
    Maybe I'm seriously pulling your leg?
    Just how SEE can someone be?!

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheHiddenJack View Post
    Just how SEE can someone be?!
    I dunno, how LIE are you?

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno, how LIE are you?
    I don't know, you tell me

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheHiddenJack View Post
    I don't know, you tell me
    S'not very LIE of you to tell me to order you around.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

S'not very LIE of you to tell me to order you around.
    Very playful of you dear SEE. Really somewhere inside ESI there exists this SEE playfulness (or at least I hope)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Systemic/systematic/etc and VI should never be used in the same sentence.

I don't agree that Bjork, Michael Jackson, and Marilyn Monroe are Gamma. Bjork is SEI, the other two are probably IEI. I'm not familiar with the others but I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't Gamma either.

The soft whispery quality mentioned is really more a trait of IEIs, and somewhat other intuitive ethical types. (summerprincess's video was a good example of that.)

"Gamma types can look more sassy and 'upset' in a passive-aggressive way even when they're not. They have a partial 'snarl' going on a lot of the time."

I would agree this is typical for Gamma SFs. It's pretty unusual for LIEs though. Similarly "sensual allure" is definitely more applicable to the SF half (this should sort of go without saying).