Thread: 40Q and a New Video!

TIM
    EIE 2w3 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 40Q and a New Video!

Okay, I've kind of reached a dead end in my others, as I would like a good break down of my answers. I have made a new video, this one with a better setup and I actually had something to talk about. Video here.

1. What is work in your opinion? Why do people go to work? Are there any parameters where you can distinguish whether you can do this work or not?

Work is where you go to make money. People need money, so that’s why you go to work. I don’t know about parameters, I guess just if you’re qualified to do the job like having the proper training/education/experience/skillset.

2. How do people determine the quality of work? How do you determine such quality? How well you can determine the quality of any purchase, do you pay any attention to it?

You determine it by looking to do see if it was done as asked/properly, if it holds up, and does what is expected. I definitely pay attention to the quality of the things I buy. I won’t buy anything that is not quality. For example a shirt, I would feel the material, make sure it fit, etc.

3. There is a professional right next to you. You always see that you can't perform the way they do. Your feelings, thoughts and actions?

Feel a bit envious and inadequate, but I know that if I keep up with the job I’ll be good at it too. Being good at something takes practise and determination to learn.

4. If you struggle to do something, what can you say about such a task? Tell us your next steps and give examples. Compare with actions of others in a similar situation.

I would feel inadequate and kind of dumb. Likely beat myself up a little bit. If I was really struggling I would begrudgingly ask for help and watch closely/ask questions on how to do it properly. Even though I don’t like asking for help. I don’t know what others would do.

5. You need to build a pyramid exactly like in Egypt. Your thoughts, feelings and actions?

I wouldn’t want to build a pyramid in the first place.

I would probably hire people to do it for me as that sounds overwhelming. LOL.

1. General to specific, specific to general – what does it mean? Give examples.

General is an overview of something. It’s just enough information to understand.
    “Just put some salt to taste.”

Specific is details and a breakdown of things.
    “Put in a teaspoon of sugar.”

2. What does "logical" mean? What is your understanding? Do you think that it correlates with the common view? Is it is easy for you to be logical?

Logic to me is the most efficient way to do something. It’s common sense. I also think of science and problem solving/puzzles. I guess it correlates with the common view. I don’t know. It’s not always easy for me to be logical.

3. What is hierarchy? Give examples of hierarchies. Do you need to follow it? Why or why not? Give example of hierarchy of systems, what is it?

A hierarchy is kings and subjects, employers and employees. I only follow such hierarchies if I deem the leader worthy. A hierarchy of a system is like CEO, managers, employees, interns, customers.

4. Choose one of the following tasks and give a detailed answer. Explain your choice.

- How notions of “flatware” and “spoon” relate to each other?

Uhh…. a spoon is flatware?

- If A is not B, and B is not C, therefore A is C. Is it correct? Why?

Wut

- What is classification? How does classification work? What is it needed for and where is it applied? Give example.

Hard to explain. I guess a classification of animals perhaps. Mammals → canine → wolf → domestic dog → rottweiler

I don’t know when it is needed.

- "The vegetable is not what is here shown. For a vegetable existed ten thousand years ago, therefore this here is not a vegetable" (Diogenes Laertius). Find logical fallacy.

I can’t make sense of this.

5. Do you frequently feel the need to structure information? For what purpose? How do people usually do it? How do you do it?

Erm, not really no. Only when I’m struggling to learn something and even then, I suck at it. I don’t know how people usually do it and I can’t explain how I do it.

1. Can you press people? What methods do you use? If so, how does it happen?

When the situation calls for it, I can be commanding and stern. I can’t say what methods I use, I just do it. It happens most often I think when I am working at the barn and I need someone to do something for me or there’s something urgent.

2. Are there strategies of attack? Can you use them? When is it justified? Do you think it's ok to occupy someone else's territory? In what situations?

Yes, there are strategies of attack. Militarized ones, or through hand to hand combat. I was in martial arts so I can use them confidently. I’m not really afraid of a fight. You could strike when the person is least expecting it and just be crafty. It’s justified when defending yourself and those you love. I don’t think it’s always alright to occupy someone else’s territory unless they are a threat and you need to take over.

3. How do you protect yourself and your interests?

I’m pretty private about my values and interests. I can’t explain how I do it, I just do by standing my ground and being stubborn, lol. I can protect myself physically with no problem. Using wit as well.

4. Describe your behavior in the situations of opposition and if you have to use some force?

Like I said, I stand my ground and fight if the opposition is physical. A lot of the time I just stay quiet. I don’t feel the need to debate what I believe because I’m not changing my mind.

5. Do others think of you as a strong person? Do you think you are a strong person?

Yes, others do think of me as a strong person. I’ve been told. I’ve been through some shit in my life and I’ve pulled through. Still am. I think of myself as a strong person, too. Physically and mentally.

1. What is beauty? Do you change your opinion about beauty? Does your understanding correlate with the generally accepted notion? What goes beyond the generally accepted notion?

I find a lot of beauty in nature for example. It’s aesthetics as well. I don’t change my opinion on beauty. Beauty is something that makes you smile and enjoy looking at, pleasing to the sense. Beauty is subjective.

2. Is there a template of understanding what beautiful means for everyone to use? Is there such a term as "classic beauty"? If so, what is it?

As I said above, beauty is what is pleasing to look at. I don’t think beauty can be put into a template. When I think of classic beauty, I think of Marilyn Monroe. Just what comes to mind I guess.

3. How do you create your comfort and coziness? How do others evaluate your skill in doing so? Do you agree with them?

Uh, I don’t know. I like getting some hot tea and snuggling with my dog while reading a book or vegging out in front of the TV. Just relaxation and de-stressing. I have not really created coziness for others, so I wouldn’t know. I don’t really like care-taking much.

4. How do you pick your own clothes? Do you follow fashion? Why? Do you know how to select clothes for different types of figures?

I just pick what I like and what fits. I’m really into gothic fashion. Anything unique. I sort of follow fashion, only trends I like myself. I don’t follow fashion just because it’s there. I guess I do sort of know how to pick clothes for different figures, yes.

5. Tell us how you'd design any room, house or an office. Do you do it yourself or trust someone else to do it? Why?

I would fill it with things I find beautiful. I love dark things. My home would certainly be well-decorated. I would trust myself to do it unless I had a simple question to ask from another perspective.

1. Is it acceptable to express emotions in public? Give examples of inappropriate expression of emotions.

Not really. I prefer to level-headed/formal in public and like for others to do the same. I think an inappropriate example would be yelling at your spouse or something in the middle of the grocery store.

2. Think of such negative emotional states as sadness, gloom, and despondence.
    - Can you, at your own will, enter these states? If not, then when do you feel them?

I can’t really do this just out of my own will. Someone has to upset me or some other external source, like a sad song or something depressing happening in a book.

- How long can you stay in such states?

If I’m really upset, I can brood on them for some time.

- How can you withdraw from them?

I don’t know. I have to think my emotions through and make sense of them before I can get rid of them. I can’t withdraw from my negative emotions at all.

- Can they be pleasant, soothing?

No. It’s not really easy for me to soothe myself at all.

- How do you feel after you have experienced them?

I don’t know. I just forget.

3. How quickly can you change emotional state? To what side – positive or negative?

Uhm, not too quickly. Usually something has to trigger it and I certainly cannot change my emotional state to positive too easily. I’m prone to melancholy honestly.

4. What emotional state is usual for you? Does your internal emotional state correlate with what you show externally?

Pretty melancholic and reflective. Uhm, I’m not sure. It’s usually hard for me to show something that I’m not feeling inside. If I’m irritated or something it certainly shows on the outside.

5. Tell us about your moods over the last day.

Today? I’ve been kind of irritated, but I’ve gotten better.

1. Tell us how did you build relationships with others over the last day.

I sat with my mother at breakfast like I do almost everyday. Same at dinner time. I do text my friends if I haven’t spoken to them in awhile.

2. What is sympathy? When do you need to express it? When is it advised not to? How do you express it?

Sympathy is feeling for other people. I express sympathy when I have been through the same thing as someone, because I understand where they are coming from.

3. Are there any standards of behavior or interpersonal relationships in the society? If so, do you adhere to them? Do people always have to maintain them? Why?

Yes there are. I usually adhere to them, yes. But sometimes you may not need to if the relationship is toxic to continue doing so.

4. What does moral mean? What is immoral? How do you understand these terms and does your understanding correlate with the others? How can you evaluate the correctness of your own understanding?

Moral is doing what is right and immoral wrong. I understand these terms by thinking about if it hurts someone else or causes a chain of events that might cause harm. I don’t evaluate my own correctness, I just consciously know if it is or not.

5. Somebody is giving you a negative attitude – what is your reaction? Could you show your own negative attitude toward someone else? If so, how? Could you feel ill-disposed towards somebody for a long time? How easily do you forgive people?

Depends on who it is. If it is someone I am close to, I would want to know why they are being negative towards me. If it is a stranger, like say a customer at work, I would stay calm. If it was someone I didn’t like, I can easily be negative back to them. So yes, I could show my negative attitude to someone else. I can feel ill towards someone for a long time and I do not forgive easy. Even if I say it’s okay, I’ll always be wary of you.

1. Is there a meaning of life? In what? Is it the same for everybody?

Everyone has a meaning in life. They have to find it on their own. It’s not the same for everyone. It’s something subjective.

2. When you meet a stranger, what can you say about them right away? How do you know what this person is all about? Does it take long to understand someone's traits?

I observe their outward appearance first. How they carry themselves, how they speak, what they say. Usually my first impressions of people are wrong, sometimes they’re right. I just trust my gut though I can usually figure out motivations or get hunches. I don’t think it takes me terribly long to figure out their traits?

3. What is imagination? Do all people have imagination and can fantasize? What is your fantasizing like?

Imagination is something you create outside of reality, in your head, in your own little world. Anyone who has a brain can have an imagination. Some don’t fantasize as much as others. I fantasize a lot, but I’m an Enneagram 4. I fantasize about love, fictional worlds, freedom, and my future.

4. What do you think of people (or yourself) who distinctively stand out in a crowd, differ from others? What is a measure of such distinction, how can this difference be feasible and how not?

I like people who stand out in a unique way through their style and interests. Someone who doesn’t conform or blend in. I don’t think I understand the last question.

5. Ideas do not have to be correct in order to be good. What's your attitude towards this statement?

Ideas are either good or not. This statement is ridiculous to me.

1. How people change? How do you feel about those changes? Can others see the changes?

People grow. They learn new things and gain new priorities. However, I don’t believe people change in terms of who they are as people. Motivations and the like may change, but you’re always the same person. How other people change isn’t really my business. I suppose other people can see those changes.

2. What is time? How do you feel time? Can you waste time?

Time is something we’ve created to help understand our world. Time is change. Spring to summer, summer to fall, fall to winter. Young to old. I suppose you feel time through age or guess how long something has taken. You can waste time by being inactive or doing nothing useful.

3. Do you need help creating forecasts and determining how something will end? Do you trust those forecasts?

Yeah, sometimes I need help. Though sometimes I might have a good idea about how something will play out/how people will react to something and the chain of events that will ensue. Sometimes I’m skeptical of forecasts, other times I absolutely believe in them.

4. Are you normally late? How do you react if someone is late?

I hate being late and am never late. I hate when other people are late.

5. Imagine the situation where you agreed to meet with someone. Your feelings and actions:

a) 20 minutes before the meeting starts

Chances are I’m on my way there. A bit anxious/excited for meeting to start.

b) 5 minutes before the meeting starts

Sit with anticipation. Wait for the other person to be here and hope they’re on time.

c) It is time for the meeting to start, but the person is not here

Be anxious. Where are they?

d) 20 minutes after the meeting start time and the person is not here

Be really irritated and try to contact them. Maybe something happened?

e) More time and the person is still not here…

Leave and be pissed. I wouldn’t trust that person again and feel like I was stood up.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

These questions suck

For Te I would ask

Do you tend to observe things according to systems and the way things are organized in it?

Also, do you do things according to systems in society? As in do you find everyone's position in the system, your place too?

Tell like all judging functions tends to bring things of reality into confined structures instead of raw perceiving. Te observes the boundaries of structures in a place as to act it's role which is for TeSi as in LSE to 've the worker bee who doesn't defy authority and sometimes to prove their qualifications and capabilities and become authority too
    @Sol
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ESTP. less probable ESFP
    you may check in my bloggers examples (signature) are INFP or INTP more soully comfotable for you

probably I typed you previously

TIM
    EIE 2w3 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    ESTP. less probable ESFP
    you may check in my bloggers examples (signature) are INFP or INTP more soully comfotable for you

probably I typed you previously
    I'd say ESFP. I know I'm an Ethical type.

Anyone else though?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

ESE SEE
    Last edited by maniac; 10-16-2016 at 01:42 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    I know I'm an Ethical type.
    As there is no objective way to prove the type, it's possibly only assume it, not to know. Logical type is more probable for you. How you may check this was above.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Last edited by maniac; 05-08-2016 at 10:15 PM.

TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would agree with SeFi or FiSe.
    Last edited by Sandoval; 05-07-2016 at 11:48 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Video? I missed something didn't I Of course I did!!! I miss everything
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm still gonna go with SEE.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

You could be logical if you have so much trouble with emotions

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I could also see SLE perhaps, the reason for me thinking particularly SEE is that even though you seem troubled by emotions, you seem more comfortable answering Fi related questions. I don't think being an ethical type means you are comfortable with your emotions. Maybe even the opposite, you are troubled by them and over-analyze them because they are a priority.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chakram View Post
    Maybe even the opposite, you are troubled by them and over-analyze them because they are a priority.
    Over-analyzing or completely ignoring are signs of a weak function.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by msnobody View Post
    Over-analyzing or completely ignoring are signs of a weak function.
    She's not ignoring it though, and for over-analyzing maybe it's her demonstrative Fe. That is kind of what it sounds like to me. She seems very comfortable with relationship 'sensing' and such. I think that most of the time a thinking lead or creative will not care much for emotions, or at least to a much lesser extent.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I think that most of the time a thinking lead or creative will not care much for emotions, or at least to a much lesser extent.
    Sometimes its ignored like i said. Sometimes its overstimulated. Where do we see Se ego in her?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by msnobody View Post
    Sometimes its ignored like i said. Sometimes its overstimulated. Where do we see Se ego in her?
    You watched the video yes? From what I remember she was pretty confident in her Se answers. I don't see where you got ESE from, last I checked I thought you had said SEE as well. The questions she picked out to answer in the video were Se and Fi related and she knew quite a lot/ was comfortable answering them.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This may sound like a strange suggestion considering what other people have typed you and your surety of being an ethical type, but I'd like you to take a look at SLI.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

You watched the video yes? From what I remember she was pretty confident in her Se answers. I don't see where you got ESE from, last I checked I thought you had said SEE as well. The questions she picked out to answer in the video were Se and Fi related and she knew quite a lot/ was comfortable answering them.
    Well she's answered them several times now so it's not that weird she knows how to answer them.