Thread: The best way of finding your type.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The best way of finding your type.

I wanted to know the best way of finding out your (my) type. I've done various tests and questionnaires and have got various results. How would i go about finding my type ? How did you find out your type ? What steps should i take ? Any suggestions would be really helpful

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

You need to type other people around you and check how intertype relations theory correlates with your impressions from them. This is the obligate method to check different versions of your type. You may also to use my examples of types - bloggers in my signature, to check IR.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    You need to type other people around you and check how intertype relations theory correlates with your impressions from them. This is the obligate method to check different versions of your type. You may also to use my examples of types - bloggers in my signature, to check IR.
    I like it when you offer your help. I think it's very nice.
    @Danali

It took me some time to find my type. I asked a lot of people and kept a good journal of myself. I think the most instrumental person in my life in typing me was my mom. She's very good at reading her kids. I asked what qualities she observed in me to get an objective picture. We all want to see ourselves as good at everything and don't often want to admit or own up to our short comings. She's a very honest person so she right away said qualities that fit into EII and she in fact pointed right at EII when I read her descriptions and functions. I always say those are the best way, so a journal and mom
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ooo OK, how do I type people around me accurately ?

i don't thinnk you are meant to type them accurately in this context. you can have a quadra filter, a function filter , a positive/negative relationship filter etc and see what sticks

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how can I type myself? just type 10 people around you

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Danali View Post
    by giving them general archetype labels based on how they take care of others for instance "bossy director" who says "let's get the laundry done" and other home tasks is LSE. The politician attitude person is SEE, and the one comfortable in human relations-me EII
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlexV View Post
    how can I type myself? just type 10 people around you
    lol

OP, just look at your behavior and your motivations. What kind of information do you focus on? What's important to you? What do you expect others to help you with? What stuff irks you for no good reason?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Teach typology theory and find the type which describes the person in way good fitting to the theory. Then same with other peoples. All these types should fit to IR theory with your type. There is nothing impossible.

If you want be typed by others, give your videointerview. Without this it's doubtfuly to type you correctly.

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    by giving them general archetype labels based on how they take care of others for instance "bossy director" who says "let's get the laundry done" and other home tasks is LSE. The politician attitude person is SEE, and the one comfortable in human relations-me EII
    What is "know it all / too much data" type?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nondescript View Post
    Humm....ESE?
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nondescript View Post
    Te types tend to gather many facts and hence have high erudition. But such type of knowledge is surface.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Te types tend to gather many facts and hence have high erudition. But such type of knowledge is surface.
    All knowledge is surface in the end. Real depth does not come from knowing.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Good one!

You're finally starting to listen to people.
    -

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That kind of knowledge is really .

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wanted to know the best way of finding out your (my) type. I've done various tests and questionnaires and have got various results. How would i go about finding my type ? How did you find out your type ? What steps should i take ? Any suggestions would be really helpful
    Typing yourself will give you your most accurate worldview. Getting the impressions of others around you concerning your type will help you get a more accurate impression of the reality of yourself.

Go by values first. Between macro-element pairs, e.g., Fe vs Fi, read all eight over, then pick which of a certain pair is the #1 most important distinction. Then pick your second. That should give you your type. E.g., Fi vs Fe is the most important distinction to myself, followed by Ne vs Ni, giving me EII.