Thread: How different types act when nervous around other people

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How different types act when nervous around other people

How have you noticed different types acting when nervous around other people? I'm thinking of situations like job interviews, meeting people they want to impress, first dates, etc. For example, one similarity I've noticed among SLEs is avoiding a lot of direct or prolonged eye contact while their eyes dart everywhere. Among SLIs I've noticed that when nervous they look down and seem extremely serious and business-like.

Types when nervous in social situations:

ESE - get extra sassy, which can come off as bitchy (I've only seen this w one ESE, but I saw it several times)
    LII
    SEI
    LII

EIE -
    LSI
    IEI
    SLE - avoid a lot of direct or prolonged eye contact while their eyes dart everywhere; get aggressive if they feel threatened

LIE
    ESI
    ILI - avoid eye contact and tend to move away physically when intimidated
    SEE - talk about how they are nervous, but don't really show it much imo

LSE
    EII
    SLI - look down, avoiding eye contact; seem extremely serious and business-like.
    IEE - talk super fast, and way too much
    "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is." - Yogi Berra

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Depends on the impression that I want to make and the person and how they come off to me. Every person is different. I notice around someone who I think is attractive I tend to look down and not make much eye contact because I feel self conscious. I start thinking "I know I don't look that great. I wish I had nicer hair etc" I start getting critical of my physical appearance.

If I'm around an sli I know that they accept me fully. I love them so I'll start acting goofy and zany and get them to laugh and tease.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh, i've seen SLEs eyes darting everywhere before, and i wondered about that. i thought it could be enneagram related or maybe a Se-subtype thing or something, but it was always a bit of mystery for me. i'm not really sure whether it's being directly related to being "nervous around other people", however, it probably could also be, beyond other things, a sign of nervousness in certain circumstances? i've seen some SEEs who drift around with their eyes a bit similar to that. also, IxEs who are very strongly on the Ne side have this twitchy quality about their demeanor and their gaze .

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sapphire View Post

ESE - get extra sassy, which can come off as bitchy (I've only seen this w one ESE, but I saw it several times)
    LII
    SEI
    LII
    Haha, take that ILEs, no one wants your description!

LIIs! LIIs! LIIs!
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy