Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 80 Questions -- Type Me!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 80 Questions -- Type Me!

Hello. I'm hoping to get some feedback on what type you think I am. I would appreciate responses with reasoning. I want to gain a better understanding of Socionics by doing this. I see within myself underdeveloped introverted feeling and a lack of extroveted feeling. Thank you all for your time and responses.
    Block I

1. General to specific, specific to general – what does it mean?
    I am just beginning to do this and already I wonder if providing answers when I don’t even know how the question is being asked will help type me.
    This makes me think of introverted intuition and the idea of perspectives. I naturally look at things from different perspectives. I don’t really know what to say about this question. I would probably just look up the dictionary definitions. I am not a fan of the connotation of words. To communicate effectively, we should all just go off the dictionary definitions rather than trying to account for all the various feelings that may be attached to words – although admittedly, I have feelings and words that I attach to words.
    2. What does "logical" mean? What is your understanding? Do you think that it correlates with the common view?
    I guess I am realizing that I view logic more in an extroverted thinking way. I think that logic is something that can be externally validated. Introverted thinking is a foreign idea to me. I would once again default to looking in the dictionary. Going based off of my own mind – I want to look up mind in the dictionary and see if I am using the word correctly--, logic is
    3. How do you explain fractions on the dial of the clock?
    I don’t explain fractions on the dial of the clock. I was beginning to think about breaking down every minute and second and then I realized that this is probably referring to the how I tell time. I don’t know though. I just say 9:45 or whatever. I don’t say “quarter till 10.” I think that is the proper answer to this question.
    4. What is a rule? What rules do you have to follow?
    A rule is a principle that people are generally expected to follow. Rules are supposed to keep everyone in check and working properly, although they can hinder people and inspire rebellion in others. I follow rules like show up on time, I don’t do chores very much, I follow driving rules and I write from left to right like I was taught. I use grammar rules even though I don’t know some of them and may be messing up something right now.
    5. What is hierarchy? Do you need to follow it? Why or why not?
    Hierarchy is a structure of external powers. I am not looking these words up. Instead, I’m giving a more personal definition, with hopes that this will be instrumental in externally verifying my type. I can be insubordinate at work and don’t hold authority in esteem, I would say that I don’t follow it. I certainly don’t need to follow it. I have a pet peeve about people using words like should and need because I shouldn’t and don’t need anything. A conditional phrase must be placed after the statement like “I should go to the store, because I need food” or “I need to follow hierarchy, in order to not be fired or create social unrest in my work setting”. I may be coming off fastidious (I looked up synonyms for picky) but I am very unconcerned about other things.
    6. What do you think of instructions? Do you use them? Could you write an instruction manual? If so, what type of instruction manual would you most likely write?
    I just put some Velcro sticky things on the back of a mirror to hang it on a door today. I didn’t look at the instructions because I thought it was a simple task. I like to figure things out on my own and consult the instructions if I need assistance. I could write an instruction manual. I think it would sharpen my writing skills and ability to explain things in an organized way. I would probably write something technical that wasn’t as simple as Velcro sticky things.
    7. Please explain: "Freedom is in complying with the laws, but not in ignoring the laws"? Do you agree with the statement? Why?
    I don’t think I agree. This sounds like some groupthink bull****. There are probably a ton of laws that I am unaware of, therefore I am ignoring these laws. I feel free enough. I don’t think knowing and complying with the laws would make me feel more free. I would probably be more aware of the oppression that laws place on people.
    8. Tell us how about consistent you are?
    I remain rather consistent. I change my ideas and views as I receive new information but I don’t think I have changed my ideas on anything that is pivotal. Am I close-minded? “Close-mindedness” lies on a spectrum and I am probably far enough in between the two ends that I need not worry.
    9. What is a "standard"? Why do people need it?
    The first thing that came to mind was “gold standard” but I know very little about how the US used gold as a way to determine a dollar’s worth. I could be wrong about the little explanation I just gave. A standard is an objective idea of something. People need it in order to please the masses and meet objectives.
    10. You need to put your home library in order. How do you feel about this activity? How will you approach this task?
    It seems like a grueling, awful task. I imagine myself with a large library but I only have a bookshelf. It would be easy for me to do now but in the future, when I have more books, it would be really unenjoyable. The hoarding of books that I forsee reminds me of Enneagram 5’s trouble with avarice. I would probably just make it alphabetical. If I had a larger library, I may implement the system that libraries use (dewy decimal or whatever)

Block II

1. What is work in your opinion? Why do people go to work? Are there any parameters where you can distinguish whether you can do this work or not?
    Work is a distraction for people. If we had all day to ourselves, we would go insane. Work replaces the hunting, gathering, cooking and stuff that people used to do before industry changed the human race. I just thought about the difference between “able” and “want” regarding work. There are tasks that I am able to accomplish but take me too long and are much easier for others. I would not want to do those tasks. I can probably do anything – within reason-- that I put my mind to but it would require a lot of effort and not be enjoyable. Work is what the masses do to fill the pockets of the wealthy.
    2. Is there any correlation between quality and quantity? Tell us if or how the price depends on quality?
    This reminded me of learning about supply and demand in school. I don’t know how to answer this question other than the way that I’m going to answer it and the other ways that it could be answered. I’m sure there is a correlation between these two. The higher the quality, the higher the price. The lower the quantity, the higher the price.
    3. How do people determine the quality of work? How do you determine such quality? How well you can determine the quality of any purchase, do you pay any attention to it?
    I determine the quality of work based off of rubrics and grading sheets. Outside of school, I determine quality based off of how long something will last. I think about leather stitching and handmade things but I don’t really care about that very much. I just buy the most expensive thing and assume it is quality. I do that sometimes. I know it is awful. I think that is what the American market wants people to do and it isn’t always the right way to buy wisely.
    4. How do you feel if you didn't finish some work? Does it ever happen? What are the reasons?
    I don’t finish work quite often. I am listless and don’t make lists of the things I need to accomplish so I end up not doing much. I am capable of these things but I have an aversion to drudgery.
    5. What is "interesting work" for you? Please explain in detail.
    I am interested in technology design, philosophy, psychology and reading. I don’t really know what would be interesting work though.
    6. You go to the store and see something you're interested in buying; there is a price tag on it. What parameters are you going to use to understand if it's overpriced, underpriced, or priced correctly?
    To determine the state of the price of something, I think about how much I want it and whether I can get it cheaper elsewhere. I think that things I don’t care about are overpriced, for me.
    7. When you work and someone tells you: "You don't do it right." What is your reaction?
    “What am I supposed to do?” I recognize that that person is being very direct and I should be direct back. I might be hurt by the person’s frankness but I am frank and a bit rude also so I’m a hypocrite I guess.
    8. There is a professional right next to you. You always see that you can't perform the way they do. Your feelings, thoughts and actions?
    I would try to compensate by getting the correct information and amassing an understanding. I would feel inadequate perhaps, or motivated by the adversity. I would probably feel the former.
    9. When you have to ask someone else to help you with the task, how do you feel?
    I think I am an independent person but I have no issue asking for help when I deem it necessary.

10. You need to build a pyramid exactly like in Egypt. Your thoughts, feelings and actions?
    My gosh, what a stupid thing to do. The pyramids are already build and I’ve been given the job of con-artist. I would delegate a majority of the work to professionals with the proper knowledge. I would keep things on schedule and devote my time to things that I actually care about. I might get into Egyptian history. If I have to do it by hand, I would be distraught. I sound prissy. Normally I don’t really care what others think.

Block III

1. What is beauty? Do you change your opinion about beauty? Does your understanding correlate with the generally accepted notion? What goes beyond the generally accepted notion?
    I think beauty is subjective attraction, although there are people that look beautiful but I don’t find attractive. I change my opinion of beauty based on sympathy. My heart can make ugly people look more beautiful when I feel bad or like other aspects of the person. I think most people agree that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Do I need to quote that adage or whatever it is? I also recognize that there is a beauty formula or something that bases beauty on facial symmetry. That probably has some credit to it. I didn’t talk about beauty that isn’t human.
    2. Please describe your understanding of a beautifully dressed person. What is the core of beauty? How do you explain what is beautiful to a person who has never heard about beauty before?
    A beautifully dressed person probably just has good attention to detail and understanding of complementary colors and stuff. I cannot describe this well. The core of beauty? I don’t know. Sunsets, trees, colorful birds, A Clockwork Orange, and green eyes are beautiful. I couldn’t explain it properly to the person that doesn’t know beauty. I would be more interested in hearing that person’s perspective on life, given the special situation he/she is in.
    3. Is there a template of understanding what beautiful means for everyone to use? Is there such a term as "classical beauty"? If so, what is it?
    I don’t really know or care.
    4. What is comfort? What is coziness? How do you create your comfort and coziness? How do others evaluate your skill in doing so? Do you agree with them?
    Comfort reminds me of my mother, who is a rampant introverted sensation user. Coziness is the ceiling fan turned on, sitting with a blanket on the couch with some nice tea or coffee. I am not good at making others cozy. I am not very hospitable, although I’ve had very few chances to be.
    5. How do you pick your own clothes? Do you follow fashion? Why? Do you know how to select clothes for different types of figures?
    I pick them based on what I like and if they go with my other clothes. I don’t follow fashion. I know that skinny people shouldn’t wear baggy clothes and that black clothes are slimming.
    6. How do you cook? Do you follow recipes? What do others think of your skill?
    I follow recipes to a tee, or t. I don’t know which. I don’t do it very often though. I guess I follow recipes for baking and cook things that I already know how to make –easy things. I’m no chef.
    7. Are you good at color patterns and mixing them and matching?
    No. I ask my mother or sister if things match. Black and white go with everything. I like brown and blue together.
    8. If someone is telling you what is beautiful and what is not, what goes with what color and what is not, do you agree with this person?
    It depends on what my purpose for dressing is. If I care that day, I may ask and find out. I wouldn’t really let someone else’s opinion on beauty affect me, although it might. I tend to be sensitive to the views of people I’m close to.
    9. Tell us how you'd design any room, house or an office. Do you do it yourself or trust someone else to do it? Why?
    I would make a house look good for me. I would want to blend metals and wood. I would get help because I don’t want to do the work. I like contemporary, sleek, modern stuff. I would want it to have a timelessness to it too though. I don’t want something that will lose value should I decide to move. I would compromise between what I want and what would be good for the future.
    10. How do you know if a person has bad taste? Could you give us an example? Do you always trust your own taste or do you seek opinions from others?
    I probably wouldn’t call it bad taste. I would say the person has different taste and taste that is different from the majority. I trust my own taste but take other’s views into consideration. I am having trouble answering this because I don’t care very much.

Block IV

1. Can you line up human resources and make them do things? What methods do you use? Can you press people? If so, how does it happen?
    Yes. The incentive for doing it would probably be my motivation. I would assign tasks to everyone. Questions can be directed to my assistant. I don't want to be bothered a lot.
    2. What is incursion? How do you deal with this? Can you repulse? How easy can you do so if necessary?
    Incursion: a strong, brief attack. This is very vague. I would leave a repulse up to instinct/reaction. I've never been in a physical fight. I would probably withdraw from verbal sparring and claim to be above something so petty.
    3. What does "my people" and "strangers" mean? When do "my people" become "strangers" and why?
    “My people” means family and friends. “Stranger” means someone I do not know. My people become strangers when I begin to drift away from them.
    4. Are there strategies of attack? Can you use them? When is it justified?
    Strategies of attack against strangers? I am more of a pacifist. I may participate in some strategic bringing down of people I do not like, but that is all.
    5. Do you think it's ok to occupy someone else's territory? In what situations?
    One part of me says, no because it is someone else’s. Another part of me says that we don’t own this Earth or any territory. Whatever force has the power to take over a territory is in the okay to do so. I don’t really like weighing the moral stuff like this.
    6. What are the methods of volitional force? When is it most effective and in what situations?
    Speaking one’s mind, forcing one’s beliefs onto others, using propaganda to brainwash society. The most effective method is forcing others to believe what you. I have little desire to force my beliefs onto others and think “forcing” is wrong. Maybe a Socratic circle?
    7. How do you protect yourself and your interests?
    I protect myself and my interests by withdrawing from authority and people who want too much from me.
    8. Describe your behavior in the situations of opposition and if you have to use some force?
    I don’t encounter opposition very often. I would probably ignore it until it becomes too large of an issue to ignore.
    9. Do others think of you as a strong person? Do you think you are a strong person?
    Others probably think I am in the middle of the strong vs weak spectrum. I view myself as a moderately strong person.
    10. How do you understand if a person is strong? Are there any signs of a strong person? What is the core of any force? Why do people listen to one person, but not the other?
    I see strength as something mental. Being able to adopt the correct perspective to be healthy. I don’t really know.
    Physically strong people have large muscle mass. Emotionally strong people use their emotions to propel them, I think.

Block V

1. What is boorishness? Does your understanding of it correlate with the generally accepted notion? How would you explain what boorishness mean to a 10 year old child? How would you explain the same to an adult who does not behave ethically?
    Crude insensitivity. I am more accepting of candor and rudeness because I have trouble filtering at times. I would explain to a child and an adult the same way. Boorishness is crude insensitivity. I would help look up the words in the definition of boorishness with the child. I thought that boorishness was more of an unevolved person who is animalistic. I didn’t know it was crude insensitivity.
    2. How would you improve the moral of the society?
    I would pray for everyone. I don’t really think that making laws that align with Christian beliefs keeps people moral. It just incentivized good behavior by threatening with positive punishment, so I wouldn’t do that. I would have an anarchistic society where I would have missionaries roam the free lands and stuff. JK
    3. Can you justify somebody's bad behavior by thinking that he/she wasn't taught how to do so?
    Yes. I believe a majority of right/wrong is taught by parents. Most of this stuff isn’t biological.
    4. Give us your understanding of love. Can you love and punish at the same time?
    Love is sacrifice. A parent sacrifices his or her time to punish a child. I think of love as the commerce of time and energy. You can love and punish at the same time.
    5. Have you heard about the Southern hospitality? Everything is for the guest. There is also a German hospitality – the master of the house is always right. What method is the right one? Try to evaluate without the weight of any cultural aspects, traditions, nations etc.
    I like German hospitality because it is different from American. I would want Southern hospitality when I am a guest and German when I am a master.
    6. What is sympathy? When do you need to express it? When is it advised not to?
    Sympathy is pity. I don’t feel bad for people very often and when I do I express it with an “Oh”. It is not good to feel bad when people don’t want it. Empathy is better.
    7. Are there any norms of behavior in the society? Do you follow them? Do people always have to follow them? Why?
    Yes. There are customs that people follow. I follow them when they’re convenient and routine. I don’t smile at people, which seems to be a norm for some people. One does not always have to follow these rules. We have bad days and times when other things are more important – the majority of the time. I’m not a fan of extroverted feeling.
    8. How do you know what attitude among people is right or wrong?
    I don’t.
    9. What does moral mean? What is immoral? Does your understanding correlate with the others? How can you evaluate the correctness of your own understanding?
    Moral means acceptable to the majority. Immoral means not acceptable to the majority. I am more detached from morality than others. I base my correctness more on my desires, thoughts, and feelings.
    10. Somebody is giving you a negative attitude – what is your reaction? Could you show your own negative attitude toward someone else? If so, how? Could you give a person the silent treatment? How easily do you forgive people?
    We all feel hopeless at times. The person should put aside his/her troubles and complete the work assigned to him or her. Unless it’s me. I would need to wallow in my misery. I can give people the silent treatment. I forgive easily because I stop caring.

Block VI

1. "Whole world does not cost one tear of child" – how do you understand this phrase? Do you agree with this opinion?
    It sounds like a Russian speaking English. I understand the phrase as: the tears of children are more precious than the world. That is a little bit extreme.
    2. Is it acceptable to express emotions? Give examples of inappropriate expression of emotions.
    Yes, for others. I don’t do it often myself. I internalize what I feel and explore it on my own. I think it’s nice that other people cry in public.
    3. Can you use negative emotions? In what situations?
    Yes. You can paint your depression away. Anything can be utilized.
    4. How do you express negative emotions? What does it look like? What do others think about it?
    I express negative emotions by whining to my family and being bored. I do very little when I have negative emotions. I just wallow and look forlorn. Stare out of the window and cry on the inside. Others don’t really understand. My sister, who I think is INFj, is the most understanding in my family.
    5. Shallow emotions – what does it mean? Are there any other emotions?
    Some expressions of extroverted feeling can seem shallow. In a different sense, my emotions can feel shallow –lacking depth – when I detach from them.
    6. What are right or wrong emotions?
    I don’t care to try and determine this. Feel what you feel.
    7. Can you change the emotional state of yourself? Of others? To what side – positive or negative?
    Yes. You can use body language to try and change it. You can breathe in and out slowly. You can also go for a walk. Change your perspective, change your life!
    8. What does it mean to "pour out your emotions"? How does it happen?
    Vent to other people. Put the emotional weight upon their shoulders and let them deal with it. You can pour your emotions onto the canvas or paper.
    9. Does your internal emotional state correlate with what you show externally?
    No. Externally, I may have little ticks that tell what I am feeling, but I try to stay stone faced and calm-looking all the time. I look mean though and look unapproachable and it may be why I have no friends.
    10. Do you track what mood you are in throughout the day? Do you notice the mood of others?
    I track my mood sometimes. Other times I ignore it. I have to be quiet and alone to know what I am feeling. I notice the moods of others, when I pay attention to it. I can tell when people are upset based on how they’re speaking, I think.

Block VII

1. Do you like surprises?
    I can appreciate that I was surprised and it would be nice because it is rare that I am. Perhaps that is what I need. I normally like to know what is going on but I want to be shocked and jolted out of my malaise.
    2. How people change? How do you feel about those changes? Can others see the changes?
    People change by going to rehab or behavioral modification stuff. There is truth to the idea that people don’t change. They probably just become who they are. That sounds a bit dogmatic and fate-like so I don’t know. I think my changes are more internal.
    3. Is it true that whatever happens is only for the best?
    No. It is not true. That’s a stupid saying.
    4. What do you think of horoscopes, fortune telling etc.? Do you believe in luck, lucky fortuity?
    It’s sort of dumb. I look at fortunes in fortune cookies only for fun. I wouldn’t place my hope in something so unreal. I wish I could tell the future.
    5. Can you forecast events? Is it even real?
    I am probably in the place where I predict what is going to happen in my subconscious and am not surprised by things when they happen. If I have introverted intuition, I don’t utilize it well. Am I too unhealthy to be typed?
    6. What is time? How do you feel time? Can you "kill" time? How?
    I would like to kill time. I would like to live outside of it. Oh, “kill time”. Yes, I watch TV and watch the paint dry. I feel time like a cinderblock that is causing me to sink to the bottom of the ocean. That is very dramatic. I feel like time is a good way for us to all know what time it is but external organization is a bit useless. We make it ourselves. I think I may be overly introverted and weary of the outside world.
    7. Is it easy for you to wait for some important event? What if you don’t know when it is supposed to happen?
    I live my life in waiting. I imagine myself in another life as a housewife, waiting for my philandering husband to come home. I don’t know if I’m joking or serious. I get very, very excited about packages coming. I used to obsessively check the tracking progress. Now, I am calmer about it. I think I’m pretty passive about waiting, because it’s a passive thing.
    8. Do you need help creating forecasts and determining how something will end? Do you trust those forecasts?
    It is good for forecasts to be rooted in the external world so I may require assistance from others to have a solid “forecast”.
    9. Are you normally late? How do you react if someone is late?
    I am normally five minutes late to everything. I don’t really care if someone is late unless I am anxious and impatient.
    10. Imagine the situation where you agreed to meet with someone. Your feelings and actions: a) 20 minutes before the meeting starts, b) 5 minutes before the meeting starts, c) it is time for the meeting to start, but the person is not here, d) 20 minutes after the meeting start time and the person is not here, e) more time and the person is still not here…

A) Think about the person and the experience that we’ll have. I don’t really meet with people so I don’t know I would act in this hypothetical.
    B) Rush to get there. Try and be calm and confident.
    C) The person is not here, look around at the meeting place. Think about something.
    D) This is a bit frustrating. I would text and see if the person is okay. Change my perspective to be okay with having a meal alone or coffee alone or whatever.
    E) Probably have a great time alone. The way that I always am and may always be.

Block VIII

1. Is there a meaning of life? In what? Is it the same for everybody?
    Yes. The meaning to life is whatever you assign to it. There is weight in that for me. I think it’s important that people assign their own meaning whether they realize it or not. I can be a bit nihilistic at times so I recognize the importance of meaning. It is entirely subjective to me. I am Christian and think that God also gives a bit of meaning to our lives but I’m up in the air about some stuff. Why? Why, God?
    2. What should be done so people can be happy?
    So that people can be happy, they should sit in chairs all day that administer happy drugs. People should strive for their own happiness. Nothing should be done. We can have government efforts that help improve quality of life.
    3. In the situations with a lot of potential and volatility will you trust your own guts, logically calculating everything or will you ask people you trust what should be done?
    Trust myself.
    4. When you meet a stranger, what can you say about them right away? How do you know what this person is all about? Does it take long to understand someone's talents?
    Hello. I don’t really think I judge most people because I don’t care about them. I don’t get out and don’t know how to do this.
    5. Remember an interesting person and call out 5-6 qualities you think are interesting in them. What makes an interesting person? Are you an interesting person? Why? What if someone calls you "boring" and "not interesting"?
    Enjoys reading, talks to me, imaginative, connected with person, pretty
    I don’t seem like an interesting person until you get to know me. I probably look like I have a stick up my butt and am boring. If someone calls me those things, I would take it as a grain of salt or think about my boringness.
    6. What opinions, from people who know you, seem: a) fair; b) not fair; c) hurtful; d) strange.
    a) Just statements but I don’t really understand what justice is. The whole external organization and determining of right and wrong trips me up. Far is logical and… (O.J. Simpson was deemed not guilty in the court of law)
    b) Not fair judgments about things people cannot control like appearances. (She is ugly.) But I guess it may be the truth so I don’t know. (I don’t know her but she is a dumb bitch.) Get to know the person.
    c) Hurtful – truthful things that I know are right (You are insensitive and will die alone.) Oh my gosh, sister, you’re correct.
    d) Strange – (I
    7. Do you fantasize? What kind of fantasies do you have?
    I fantasize about finding a job that allows me to enjoy work and funds my hobbies. I would like to make a difference in the world but I don’t know what. I fantasize about having mutant powers and control.
    8. What qualities should a person have to be successful and why?
    Deceitfulness, cunning, (maybe the two are the same), tactic, and social prowess
    9. What qualities can stop a person from being successful and why?
    Truthfulness (what is truth?), being unmotivated, philosophically inclined, having a family weighing him/her down, narcissism,
    10. What is more important in life – to be a good person or be a successful one? Why? Is a good person always successful? If not, then why?
    To do what you want. Fulfill your desires. Good people are not always successful. They’re successful in being good, apparently. Semantics are a nightmare. Insanity (depending on what one is trying to accomplish)
    I like black coffee, dark chocolate (70% or higher), grapefruit, pomegranate and TV. Exploring life is important. I think therefore I am.
    Last edited by rougerogue; 04-29-2016 at 05:01 PM.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I have no specific reasoning other than an overall vibe based on your answers.

First impression IEI 4w5 social last

Although ILI 5w4 social last is possible.

Welcome to the forum. I see you actually joined the same month and year I did.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Your self-typing is probably correct.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Aylene I'm a bit surprised that your first impression was IEI. I didn't think I had much extroverted feeling within me. Thanks for the welcome.

Thank you both for your responses.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rogue350 View Post
    @Aylene I'm a bit surprised that your first impression was IEI. I didn't think I had much extroverted feeling within me. Thanks for the welcome.

Thank you both for your responses.
    I think because I could relate to some of it strongly but I am a 4 (core) 59 sx/sp so that might be it. I don't always show a lot of extroverted feeling either since it is my creative function but I do use it creatively.

I can be apathetic or moody and no one will even know I am being "moody" because my feelings might be rapidly shifting. I am more likely to lock myself away in a room to deal with it myself so others don't get caught in the fallout. I often joke I am Fe and Fi polr but it is obvious I am not. I was raised by an ILI so that might be influencing my typing suggestion for you. My stepdad was heavy on the Te.

I have nothing against you being ILI with strong Ni. I wasn't feeling a lot of Te since I could have answered those questions similarly on a different day (I don't remember how I answered now) I don't usually feel or see much, if any, Ni when people post these questionnaires so it stood out to me.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are some characteristics that would distinguish an ILI from an IEI? What would an IEI with social as his last variant be like?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

What are some characteristics that would distinguish an ILI from an IEI? What would an IEI with social as his last variant be like?
    The major difference is optimism, maybe, and of course the use of the creative function. Also ILI can be more rigid, at times, and critical. This is how I answered the same questionnaire but I might answer it differently now. I might have been having a bad day but I don't recall exactly what was going on with me when I did it.

Edit: Hmm, actually, maybe I do have an idea what I was feeling but would not admit it.

YWIMW

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

@rogue350 I suggest you take some tests, it may be more productive: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ocionics-Tests

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1096450

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    The major difference is optimism
    F-types have less realism, but not more optimism. And tend to show more pleasant emotions, when baseless dreams about "happy end" help in this.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1096450

F-types have less realism, but not more optimism. And tend to show more pleasant emotions, when baseless dreams about "happy end" help in this.
    "I feel no air between this arm and the background of the picture; space and depth are wanting. All is in good perspective; the atmospheric gradations are carefully observed, and yet in spite of your conscientious labor I cannot believe that this beautiful body has the warm breath of life. If I put my hand on that firm, round throat I shall find it cold as marble. No, no, my friend, blood does not run beneath that ivory skin; the purple tide of life does not swell those veins, nor stir those fibres which interlace like net-work below the translucent amber of the brow and breast. This part palpitates with life, but that other part is not living; life and death jostle each other in every detail. Here, you have a woman; there, a statue; here again, a dead body. Your creation is incomplete. You have breathed only a part of your soul into the well-beloved work. The torch of Prometheus went out in your hands over and over again; there are several parts of your painting on which the celestial flame never shone."

FTR @Sol, I have had more optimism than any irl ILI I have ever known. I was only responding in relation to the differences between ILI and IEI, not other types.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'm more of a realist than an optimist. When I think about the future, I know that all of my present issues are temporary. Everything will come to an end. I don't think I'm very positive about the future. I'm more neutral about it.
    @Subteigh I took the Inconsiderably Finite Indefinite socionics test and got ILI. My IEI percentage very high too but I think I'm ILI. I think I'm just an ILI with a weak creative function because I haven't dealt with the outside world very much. I also relate to Fi more than Fe.
    @Aylen I saw your reply on the old post for the Inconsiderably Finite Indefinite (http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Socionics-Test)
    You got ILI back then?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

@Aylen I saw your reply on the old post for the Inconsiderably Finite Indefinite (http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Socionics-Test)
    You got ILI back then?
    I only got IEI on Subt's quiz and I have taken it 4 or 5 times since he posted it.

My very first socionics test at sociotype.com I got ILI (my feelings were being pushed away and ignored back then) and I got ILI on one of Olga's quizzes. I think I get INTP or INTJ, mostly, when it comes to career focused MBTI type tests but when I am doing a job I am a bit different than my every day self.

Edit: I have only got IEI-0 or IEI-2Ni on the sociotype tests since that first ILI result and I have taken it many times since then.
    Last edited by Aylen; 05-05-2016 at 06:01 PM.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Subteigh is one of the few people I know that I would trust with a OKQuipid test and have it be reasonably good results FWIW.
    I struggle with motivation, apathy and sticking to goals.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I think I'm more of a realist than an optimist. When I think about the future, I know that all of my present issues are temporary. Everything will come to an end. I don't think I'm very positive about the future. I'm more neutral about it.
    @Subteigh I took the Inconsiderably Finite Indefinite socionics test and got ILI. My IEI percentage very high too but I think I'm ILI. I think I'm just an ILI with a weak creative function because I haven't dealt with the outside world very much. I also relate to Fi more than Fe.
    You got ILI back then?
    probably means you have strong I guess. (I have worried before that -aspects might not be well-described on the test (which may be a wider problem with describing in Socionics descriptions)...just something I always keep in mind!)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Subteigh Why do you think is poorly described in Socionics?
    @Aylen I got confused. You quoted someone else's score on the Indefinite Quiz and made a comment about it. Apologies! I thought the quote was your score.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

@Aylen I got confused. You quoted someone else's score on the Indefinite Quiz and made a comment about it. Apologies! I thought the quote was your score.
    I remembered commenting on someone (Kali maybe) being ILI so I wondered if that is what you saw. No need to apologize though.

YWIMW

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I don't think it is a Socionics-specific issue (I would definitely say Socionics is better at defining it than MBTI), although I think some descriptions are affected more than others. It is just my view that , perhaps more than anything IM, is more difficult to grasp the meaning of, objectively, when it is described. I'm not convinced that being -dominant (whether believing you are, or whether you actually are) improves the situation either). I suspect that anyone who is capable of thinking and/or dreaming could suspect themselves to be a -type, and that it would only be by seeing that other IMs describe your Ego (far) better that you would consider otherwise (a strong extrovert for example would be unlikely to consider themselves -dominant).

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's go from step I:

What do you want in life? Are there any personal rules you adhere to? What is..."missing" from it?

Feel free to tell anything-even money and the like.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ILI, second choice SLI. Didn't read your post but all your interaction with me so far has been asking weird Fe-less obnoxious questions.
    [Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

It's hard to find a love through every shade of grey.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nondescript View Post
    Let's go from step I:

What do you want in life? Are there any personal rules you adhere to? What is..."missing" from it?

Feel free to tell anything-even money and the like.
    Having a relationship is missing. I just talk myself out of ever pursuing anything because: it will come and go, I don't want to mold my life to fit another person/alter my future plans for a summer fling, or become vulnerable and get hurt. think I relate to the Fe PoLR. I hate pressure from moral obligation and such. Someone telling me that this or that is the "right thing to do" doesn't motivate me at all. I'm more likely to try and come up with a situation when it is not the right thing to do. I'm reluctant of what most people say, especially when they spew out dogmatic stuff.

I also think I feel a bit of an insecurity about Fe related matters. I wish that I could be a better social partner for people sometimes. I wish my face was more naturally expressive. When I was in 10th grade, my teacher told me that I was straining to be happy. I had a constant moderate/slight smile on my face all the time. People would tell me that I was glaring at them as I walked in the hall. I really was just looking at people and not smiling. Now, I just don't smile very much and feel a bit of freedom from fake smiling all the time. It's more comfortable. This feels awfully sappy and pathetic, but maybe it will help.
    Additionally, people that I meet now tell me that I come off stuck up and standoffish before they meet me. I don't like the first impression that I give off, but I feel I would sell a piece of myself if I changed myself. I think that if/once I enter the business world, I will adopt a nicer outward appearance, if it becomes necessary (means to an end).

I have a weak desire for wealth and fame. I would like to be able to buy very quality things that will last a lifetime. I would like to have more money to put into the stock market or find some way to make investments that will help me in the future. I want to be able to pursue my interests and see my ideas translated into real life, which will require money.

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rogue View Post
    Having a relationship is missing. I just talk myself out of ever pursuing anything because: it will come and go, I don't want to mold my life to fit another person/alter my future plans for a summer fling, or become vulnerable and get hurt. think I relate to the Fe PoLR. I hate pressure from moral obligation and such. Someone telling me that this or that is the "right thing to do" doesn't motivate me at all. I'm more likely to try and come up with a situation when it is not the right thing to do. I'm reluctant of what most people say, especially when they spew out dogmatic stuff.

I also think I feel a bit of an insecurity about Fe related matters. I wish that I could be a better social partner for people sometimes. I wish my face was more naturally expressive. When I was in 10th grade, my teacher told me that I was straining to be happy. I had a constant moderate/slight smile on my face all the time. People would tell me that I was glaring at them as I walked in the hall. I really was just looking at people and not smiling. Now, I just don't smile very much and feel a bit of freedom from fake smiling all the time. It's more comfortable. This feels awfully sappy and pathetic, but maybe it will help.
    Additionally, people that I meet now tell me that I come off stuck up and standoffish before they meet me. I don't like the first impression that I give off, but I feel I would sell a piece of myself if I changed myself. I think that if/once I enter the business world, I will adopt a nicer outward appearance, if it becomes necessary (means to an end).

I have a weak desire for wealth and fame. I would like to be able to buy very quality things that will last a lifetime. I would like to have more money to put into the stock market or find some way to make investments that will help me in the future. I want to be able to pursue my interests and see my ideas translated into real life, which will require money.
    Very well. You still haven't answered a part of question which I hope you will now:

Besides the personal rules of life, there are also societal norms that need to be upheld. Which are these and do they annoy you?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very well. You still haven't answered a part of question which I hope you will now:

Besides the personal rules of life, there are also societal norms that need to be upheld. Which are these and do they annoy you?
    The societal norms that I think need to be upheld
    -In parking lots, when people drive the way a sign says do not enter (I do it too sometimes) but when I cross the street from the grocery store, I don't like having to look both ways (annoying)
    -be ready when you're in line, don't purposefully waste the time of others (bothers me because I get anxious about it and others don't care)
    -walking slow is annoying as hell (I maneuver around slow people)

I'm having trouble. I looked up some "societal norms". I think I mainly care about the societal norms that increase efficiency and don't care about the more social social norms.

Basically, I care about the rules that bother me. Usually, its funny when people break rules. Also, I don't really think they need to be upheld, it would just be ideal.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is so ILI it hurts.
    I struggle with motivation, apathy and sticking to goals.

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by QuickTwist View Post
    This is so ILI it hurts.
    Which is just why I won't stereotype. A problem needs to be looked at from all the angles.

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The societal norms that I think need to be upheld
    -In parking lots, when people drive the way a sign says do not enter (I do it too sometimes) but when I cross the street from the grocery store, I don't like having to look both ways (annoying)
    -be ready when you're in line, don't purposefully waste the time of others (bothers me because I get anxious about it and others don't care)
    -walking slow is annoying as hell (I maneuver around slow people)

I'm having trouble. I looked up some "societal norms". I think I mainly care about the societal norms that increase efficiency and don't care about the more social social norms.

Basically, I care about the rules that bother me. Usually, its funny when people break rules. Also, I don't really think they need to be upheld, it would just be ideal.
    Let's see if I got this right: the rules that you are expected to follow annoy you? In other words, conforming to others annoys you? Would it annoy you if someone said "you MUST do it this way"(without any possibility to do it your own way)?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's see if I got this right: the rules that you are expected to follow annoy you? In other words, conforming to others annoys you? Would it annoy you if someone said "you MUST do it this way"(without any possibility to do it your own way)?
    Yes. I think I should make my own choices but I understand that rules are very helpful to creating order among the masses who don't mind doing what is expected of them. If someone said that, I would be irritating. I recognize that there is a most efficient way to do certain things, but that doesn't make it inherently right or correct.

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. I think I should make my own choices but I understand that rules are very helpful to creating order among the masses who don't mind doing what is expected of them. If someone said that, I would be irritating. I recognize that there is a most efficient way to do certain things, but that doesn't make it inherently right or correct.
    Because you don't like to be expected to do anything if you don't want to do it.

How do you feel about sensory(S) stuff? Speaking from Socionics point, do you need help at actually making things happen(as in "you plan, someone else executes")? How do you feel about neatness, eating and other hedonistical stuff(also would it annoy you if someone told you what to eat and what not to eat because it is unhealthy-approach or because you were commanded)? Do meanings come before or after the things?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because you don't like to be expected to do anything if you don't want to do it.

How do you feel about sensory(S) stuff? Speaking from Socionics point, do you need help at actually making things happen(as in "you plan, someone else executes")? How do you feel about neatness, eating and other hedonistical stuff(also would it annoy you if someone told you what to eat and what not to eat because it is unhealthy-approach or because you were commanded)? Do meanings come before or after the things?
    Yes, I don't like being expected to do things I don't want to do. Expectations aren't motivating for me.

I don't see myself as someone who would be good at dealing with the nitty gritty aspects of accomplishing things. When I have to do chores and stuff, I take shortcuts because I don't care. I haven't had very much experience with delegating tasks to others but I think it would be ideal for me. I don't want to be hands on with everything. I'd rather steer people and help them achieve my vision. I don't feel like a jack-of-all-trades type of person. I think neatness is overrated. I would like a moderately clean house but I'm not picky. My room can be messy more often than not but I like minimalism and not having a lot of stuff so that I can maintain it all more easily. Eating-- its a means to an end. Most time I don't crave things and don't have a preference. While I enjoy certain foods, I would rather not have to eat at all. Sometimes I cannot even tell whether I'm hungry or angry. My emotions and bodily sensations are lost on me, at times.

regarding hedonism- I think people should do it if they want to but I don't. I prefer to think out my actions and am conservative regarding what I would do. I do love coffee and I think it's a socially acceptable drug but still harmful.
    If someone told me what to eat, I would appreciate the diet advice but still make my own choice.

i think I idealize Se stuff. The forcefulness and ability to defend one's own interests is appealing to me. Also going out and getting what I want, would be nice. I fantasize about taking life by the horns but I don't do it. I'm more apathetic.
    Last edited by rougerogue; 05-13-2016 at 05:13 PM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Bled What am I?

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This isn't type related, but I just wanted to say that Donald Trump is ugly.

@Bled What am I?
    ILI
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I don't like being expected to do things I don't want to do. Expectations aren't motivating for me.

I don't see myself as someone who would be good at dealing with the nitty gritty aspects of accomplishing things. When I have to do chores and stuff, I take shortcuts because I don't care. I haven't had very much experience with delegating tasks to others but I think it would be ideal for me. I don't want to be hands on with everything. I'd rather steer people and help them achieve my vision. I don't feel like a jack-of-all-trades type of person. I think neatness is overrated. I would like a moderately clean house but I'm not picky. My room can be messy more often than not but I like minimalism and not having a lot of stuff so that I can maintain it all more easily. Eating-- its a means to an end. Most time I don't crave things and don't have a preference. While I enjoy certain foods, I would rather not have to eat at all. Sometimes I cannot even tell whether I'm hungry or angry. My emotions and bodily sensations are lost on me, at times.

regarding hedonism- I think people should do it if they want to but I don't. I prefer to think out my actions and am conservative regarding what I would do. I do love coffee and I think it's a socially acceptable drug but still harmful.
    If someone told me what to eat, I would appreciate the diet advice but still make my own choice.

i think I idealize Se stuff. The forcefulness and ability to defend one's own interests is appealing to me. Also going out and getting what I want, would be nice. I fantasize about taking life by the horns but I don't do it. I'm more apathetic.
    wow, wishing not to have to eat at all. What has this world come down to lol? Where would I be without fine sensations to gorge upon?

I am pretty certain you are ILI as well. I can't see anything else there. Maybe I should compare Ni vs Ne etc, but with what you wrote, I deem it unnecessary.

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bled View Post
    This isn't type related, but I just wanted to say that Donald Trump is ugly.

ILI
    Let's see how you'll look when you're 68 or so

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow, wishing not to have to eat at all. What has this world come down to lol? Where would I be without fine sensations to gorge upon?

I am pretty certain you are ILI as well. I can't see anything else there. Maybe I should compare Ni vs Ne etc, but with what you wrote, I deem it unnecessary.
    I appreciate your help. Thank you

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I appreciate your help. Thank you
    549 could also be very indicative of ILI as well. So, the more you know.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's see how you'll look when you're 68 or so
    I won't have a spray tan.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bled View Post
    I won't have a spray tan.
    Well, ok, he didn't need THAT one lol! + never say never

And the miss plastic lol. I find her fugly.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

In your everyday behavior regarding maintenance and regulations of your environment you do not seem like ILI
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    In your everyday behavior regarding maintenance and regulations of your environment you do not seem like ILI
    Like cleaning habits and following laws?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Like cleaning habits and following laws?
    Correct. I see the fear of prophesy of the negative outcome as the reason why ILI are bound by society or social decorum. As for one's personal environment, although they do like objects as they are the dual of Se types because Se seeks to own, possess, control acquire, things of physical nature, the ILI makes use of these objects by organizing them in a certain place and using Te, makes systems, methods, tries to achieve thoroughness of routine actions like cleaning ect. Though it may not be aesthetic or perfect, they do have places for things,
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Correct. I see the fear of prophesy of the negative outcome as the reason why ILI are bound by society or social decorum. As for one's personal environment, although they do like objects as they are the dual of Se types because Se seeks to own, possess, control acquire, things of physical nature, the ILI makes use of these objects by organizing them in a certain place and using Te, makes systems, methods, tries to achieve thoroughness of routine actions like cleaning ect. Though it may not be aesthetic or perfect, they do have places for things,
    What is "fear of prophecy'?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast