Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Kelly McGonigal: Good Example of a Female SLE

I am currently reading her book The Willpower Instinct. She has done a lot of great work on willpower, stress, and self-compassion. A good example of a well-adjusted SLE, IMO:

"How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She also has a twin sister named Jane. I don't know if they're the same type, though:

"How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."

she kinda looks like Kiesza <3

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I can kind of see it, actually. I liked "Hideaway" a lot. Not familiar with her otherwise.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

not ESTP

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    not ESTP
    Well, what then? She's ESXx something. Not LSE, IMO, so maybe SEE or ESE as other possibilities.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    Not LSE, IMO, so maybe SEE or ESE as other possibilities.
    not LSE, SEE or delta F. P types are more possible.

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yen View Post
    She has a facial type I think is EP and she looks like my SLE cousin. I don't know anything about her I am only going by visual impression and it fits your typing of her. I watched some of the talks at google video and she has the type of eyes I associate with Se, static way of looking at someone and a look of one that is comfortable with challenging her external environment with her external sensing when she is listening to and then answering questions which I see in Se leading types.
    Your thoughts are similar to mine. To tell you the truth, I also typed mostly based on appearances, and she reminds me of several people I've typed SLE.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    not LSE, SEE or delta F. P types are more possible.
    Of those, I think SEE fits best. I agree she seems irrational > rational.