Thread: Markiplier

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Markiplier

Youtuber/gamer. I have some thoughts about his type but I want to wait to share them. All I'll say is that he really, really bothers me.

'

here he is with an ILE (markiplier has the deeper voice):
    https://youtu.be/nkc4Y_oUq8k?t=122

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

ESE maybe

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

mb ISFJ

TIM
    EII-Fi
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At first I thought he might be an IEE, but... ESE is definitely an option. As someone on Tumblr described them, they're "Loud, cheery, spastic fluffballs. They genuinely want you to be happy and tend to ace at making others laugh. Also known as 80% of the most popular Youtubers", lol.
    EII-Fi
    2w3 sx/so
    tritype: 2-6-9

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think IEE now and still see LSE as an option. I think his behavior is a little strange for an ethical type, which is why I've been leaning toward LSE. In the video with the ILE, i think there is some obvious discord where he displays Te valuing traits. I can think of several people with a similar sense of humor as him and similar energy level and they all are Delta with Delta Extraverts (1 LSE and 1 IEE) that match the obnoxiousness/energy.

I'd really like him to be ESE because he is absolutely the most grating youtuber I've come across but i don't think it makes complete sense with what I've seen.

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Hm... I would go for IEE. His intro on the "Youtube has Changed" seems like how a IEE would start a video.

TIM
    EII-Fi
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would an LSE say passionately: 'I love doing the weird things so much'? Would he say: 'I don't think I've made a single point in this entire video, I think I just rambled for way too long, but these are my feelings about (...) what it means to do things for the sake of having fun and make things because no one asked them to be made, no one wanted it to be made'? Does this sound like Te valuing? Would he say, laughing: 'Thank you, guys, for letting me be stupid in front of millions of people!'? Even if he does value Te, I doubt it's in his ego block. And I still lean more towards his being ESE than IEE.
    Last edited by tuathe; 04-20-2016 at 09:11 AM.
    EII-Fi
    2w3 sx/so

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Sli
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Ni-ENTj 8w9 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Waaaay too fucking loud.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tuathe View Post
    Would an LSE say passionately: 'I love doing the weird things so much'? Would he say: 'I don't think I've made a single point in this entire video, I think I just rambled for way too long, but these are my feelings about (...) what it means to do things for the sake of having fun and make things because no one asked them to be made, no one wanted it to be made'? Does this sound like Te valuing? Would he say, laughing: 'Thank you, guys, for letting me be stupid in front of millions of people!'? Even if he does value Te, I doubt it's in his ego block. And I still lean more towards his being ESE than IEE.
    I think it's important to not make these types of hard and fast relationships with behavior and type because the answer is yes, an LSE could say those things-- it may just not be typical. I know an LSE guy who talks about how weird and goofy he is and just generally self-referential of his "stupid and silly" behavior. As i said, i think he is IEE at the moment, but LSE could work.

TIM
    EII-Fi
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    I think it's important to not make these types of hard and fast relationships with behavior and type because the answer is yes, an LSE could say those things-- it may just not be typical. I know an LSE guy who talks about how weird and goofy he is and just generally self-referential of his "stupid and silly" behavior. As i said, i think he is IEE at the moment, but LSE could work.
    Of corse he could, but my question is: would he?
    EII-Fi
    2w3 sx/so

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tuathe View Post
    Of corse he could, but my question is: would he?
    if it already happened for one then it can and would happen for another
    Last edited by Contra; 04-20-2016 at 09:04 PM.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

if it already happened for one than it can and would happen for another
    Like in chatbox, no one wants him as a dual.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    not my quadra!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I agree and thanks for this observation.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    SLI, in absence of a dual, will become very animated and talk a lot
    -

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe-EIE, in my book (yeah, I know another Fe-EIE irl who is almost a clone of him in both looks, personality, and mannerisms). I'd elaborate, but, tired (as always these days). That aside, the guy expresses so much EMOOOOOOOTION! In the over-the-top theatrical kinda way some of said type do in even the most mundane situations.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Hes clearly alpha

TIM
    SLE 8 Sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by msnobody View Post
    Hes clearly alpha
    Agreed.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

LSE was my impression of his type from the way he plays the games. There were some videos of him where he kept running into a crowd of npcs, getting killed, then running into it again, and getting killed, and running into it the third time, where I noticed that it takes a while for this guy to re-adjust and re-adapt to these situations. That struck me as something of a rational temperament (EPs are much keener and quicker with changing their tactics). Then videos like the one below, where he describes his lifestyle, the problems he is having with timing events, and saying "I love keeping busy, and I love working", made him sound stereotypically EJ w/ Ni polr. Enneagramically probably 7w8 sx/so (positive outlook + assertive/expansive type).

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually my first and only type of him for me have been ILI. I know it is not a popular one but clearly he have some focus on Fi. (value Fi)

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    LSE was my impression of his type from the way he plays the games. There were some videos of him where he kept running into a crowd of npcs, getting killed, then running into it again, and getting killed, and running into it the third time, where I noticed that it takes a while for this guy to re-adjust and re-adapt to these situations. That struck me as something of a rational temperament (EPs are much keener and quicker with changing their tactics). Then videos like the one below, where he describes his lifestyle, the problems he is having with timing events, and saying "I love keeping busy, and I love working", made him sound stereotypically EJ w/ Ni polr. Enneagramically probably 7w8 sx/so (positive outlook + assertive/expansive type).
    I'm pretty torn with his type. On the one hand, I'm inclined to stick with my original typing of him as LSE. On the other hand, I've never found a youtuber who gives me such a visceral repulsion. As for LSE, I think there are some hints through out his videos that point to logical. In one video he mentions how much work it requires of him to make his videos entertaining and, while I don't remember the exact quote, he basically alluded to the fact that it's sort of a show he puts on. You can actually look back at his older videos and see that he didn't have that over the top style like he does now, or at least not to the same degree:

As for ESE, well... i can see the alpha values, he is pretty "Fe-ish" in the way that people think of ESEs, and, of course, there is that repulsion.
    Last edited by Contra; 07-06-2016 at 01:06 AM.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Israel Capitan View Post
    actually my first and only type of him for me have been ILI. I know it is not a popular one but clearly he have some focus on Fi. (value Fi)
    To be completely honest, you may want to study up on what the types are like. He in no way fits with any ILI or even IEI that I've ever seen or over which anyone has agreed upon. There aren't a lot of absolutes that can be made when looking at typings, but, for the sake of everyone's sanity, i think we can absolutely say that Markiplier is not ILI.

Edit: you could be talking about LII or ILE instead, in which case, I could definitely see the possibility, but I still think it takes a backseat to the possibility of xSE.
    Last edited by Contra; 07-06-2016 at 02:37 AM.

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Now that I've watched a few of his gaming commentary videos the way he talk reminds me of my brother, who I type ESE-Fe. For the record, I love both Markiplier and my brother, so I can't understand the hate. :3

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be completely honest, you may want to study up on what the types are like. He in no way fits with any ILI or even IEI that I've ever seen or over which anyone has agreed upon. There aren't a lot of absolutes that can be made when looking at typings, but, for the sake of everyone's sanity, i think we can absolutely say that Markiplier is not ILI.

Edit: you could be talking about LII or ILE instead, in which case, I could definitely see the possibility, but I still think it takes a backseat to the possibility of xSE.
    edit: ofc I know about the types. Gl with ur thread
    Last edited by Tigerfadder; 07-06-2016 at 07:11 AM.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know. He just kind of rubs me wrong. Feels like he's trying to be nice, but instead it feels a little creepy. But hey, what do I know, he has millions of subscribers that seem to like him, so okay.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Markiplier thanking his millions of subscribers, unboxing mail, and concerning his life events, he is definitely serious and genuine. With his gaming videos..... well, he's got quite a humorous and loud personality.
    I personally don't get rattled because I do find Markiplier entertaining almost all the time. There have been occasions where he gets a little too much for me. But he's got a Delta feel to me.
    Perhaps that's why he is one of my favorite Youtubers. Markiplier cares about his fans and what he does, even if he gets sappy with it by constantly thanking them and showing appreciation.
    I thought for the longest time that he could be an IEE mainly based off his gaming videos and how his humor goes all over the place. But after watching him more, and taking into account the opinions here, I can definitely see LSE being the case. I'll go with particularly eccentric LSE.

Yeah. I love Pokémon.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Hes a sensor.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mallan View Post
    With Markiplier thanking his millions of subscribers, unboxing mail, and concerning his life events, he is definitely serious and genuine. With his gaming videos..... well, he's got quite a humorous and loud personality.
    I personally don't get rattled because I do find Markiplier entertaining almost all the time. There have been occasions where he gets a little too much for me. But he's got a Delta feel to me.
    Perhaps that's why he is one of my favorite Youtubers. Markiplier cares about his fans and what he does, even if he gets sappy with it by constantly thanking them and showing appreciation.
    I thought for the longest time that he could be an IEE mainly based off his gaming videos and how his humor goes all over the place. But after watching him more, and taking into account the opinions here, I can definitely see LSE being the case. I'll go with particularly eccentric LSE.
    I was wondering if a Delta would post something like this. Markiplier really has the same brand of 'silliness' of a group of Deltas that I had hung out with in high school for a short time, and that's influenced my typing of him to a large extent. I can tell that those guys would probably like his videos. One LSE, who I didn't really get along with, had a similar persona and sense of humor (especially the loud shouting and over reactive responses) to the type Markiplier shows in his gaming videos.

I think Markiplier leans on his weak Fe as an entertainer, hence why he annoys both Fe valuers and certain Fi valuers. Really, I think you can tell that he values Te over Fe in the video I posted where he plays super mario with Arin (ILE) from Game Grumps. Basically the interaction involved Arin trying to establish a type of humorous atmosphere and Markiplier ruining it by worrying about 'how' to play the game and making little personal jokes toward Arin.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was wondering if a Delta would post something like this. Markiplier really has the same brand of 'silliness' of a group of Deltas that I had hung out with in high school for a short time, and that's influenced my typing of him to a large extent. I can tell that those guys would probably like his videos. One LSE, who I didn't really get along with, had a similar persona and sense of humor (especially the loud shouting and over reactive responses) to the type Markiplier shows in his gaming videos.

I think Markiplier leans on his weak Fe as an entertainer, hence why he annoys both Fe valuers and certain Fi valuers. Really, I think you can tell that he values Te over Fe in the video I posted where he plays super mario with Arin (ILE) from Game Grumps. Basically the interaction involved Arin trying to establish a type of humorous atmosphere and Markiplier ruining it by worrying about 'how' to play the game and making little personal jokes toward Arin.
    I will stick up for my brethren Delta! Nobody will berate him! NO ONE. Ha. Joking aside, of course. I see what you mean about Markiplier and how he can be annoying.

He appeals to my Delta and Alpha friends alike. We love his 'brand of silliness' that he provides for us. Sometimes he's clever, and other times, he says or shouts stupid shit that makes us laugh for no reason. It's massively entertaining most of the time. Game Grumps are as well, which I'm glad you brought up actually.

I also believe that Arin is an ILE. His deadpan and random sense of humor sell it for me in his video content. With him and Markiplier's activities in videos, it's clear that their relationship seems good. However, it seems a little strained when it goes beyond the surface in their personalities and senses of humor. Your description of their interactions was well-put. Markiplier values his close-knit relationships and having fun with them (a lot of him teasing them too) while being heavily involved in playing a game. Arin values having a humorous atmosphere and sharing obscure references or random observations while a game serves as the background. Fi value vs. Fe value. Man.. they must annoy the hell out of each other when the strained values come out.

Yeah. I love Pokémon.

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he has to be ExTx

TIM
    EIE 2w3 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought maybe SLE for Mark.

He's certainly not my favorite. I find him more tolerable than Jacksepticeye, who in my opinion is ESE. Jack is a cutie and I do watch his videos some but... he just talks way too much.

I like Pewdiepie's sarcasm though. I think he might be IEE.

Sociotype: EIE
    Psyche Yoga: VEFL
    ~~
    Goddess Archetype: Artemis
    Zodiac: Taurus()
    Scorpio() Capricorn (☾)
    Slytherin/Horned Serpent
    Chaotic Good

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Has an ambivalent attitude towards supply and demand. Which is Te. Alpha or Beta! Dislikes pessimism, apparently lives to make others laugh - yes, it's a merry quadra. Always wants to be on good terms with those he respects and depends on. Aristocratic.

Fe-Ni: Aptly picks out different occasions within the flow of time: "I look back to... in the past 4 years I've seen.... cherished memories that I want to see more... as years go by... Youtube is changing into... and it's been that way a long time" while always showing appreciation, always, always. I didn't bother counting the amount of times he said `love´. Motivational person in general, said once that everyone should plant trees where they will not sit under --> altruistic. Totally intuitive, Zen Master style: "What it means!" - "Believe in yourself" - "Be the person that..." - "What I do is temporary" - "Everything passes."
    SeTi: Says he is guilty of making videos that please others so he can gain something; talks about his dependence on Youtube and his determination in the beginning, goes on and on about focus et cetera. The style of gaming's very Se, no subdued Si indulgence. Logical contradictions EVERYWHERE. He doesn't want to change "the system" but encourages his viewers to do so. Thinks pessimism is stupid but his stance - behind the "love love love" and "This is not the apocalypse" - is negative and critical, frustrated. Best part: Literally calls himself out to be a hypocrite - and continues being one! States that he has made not a single point although having delivered countless of arguments.

----> EIE-Fe

This subtype moderately strengthens Ne which explains his efforts to promote more creativity, and the funny imitations he throws in here and there. Loves "weird things" because they're fun, sees potential even in stuff like eating cereal for 5 minutes. EIE-Fe's ultimate weakness is Ti so that one also fits.

The only other possible type is ENFp-Fi but his anti-`capitalistic´ rant doesn't sound like a Te HA and Si DS/infantile style is also not detectable for me. He rather puts himself in a victim position, self-blaming included, claiming that his viewers are in control over his being and that they are the best thing that ever happened to him.
    I imagined him with an ISTp who'd cook something healthy. That wouldn't improve his life much, his Si problems (junk food, self-destructiveness and so on) are too strong to be confronted directly. An ISTj, however, would help him make better logical conclusions, empower him, urge him to be independent and less people-pleasing, which then would cause him to solve his Si issues on his own because his integrity increases.

TIM
    EII-Fi
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post

But you do realize the same goes for ESE? Also, 7w8 ESE is much more possible than 7w8 LSE.
    EII-Fi
    2w3 sx/so

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

He's kinda like Joseph Gordon- Levitt - maybe IEE.

TIM
    EII Sx/Sp 9w1 (954)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, ESE over LSE or EIE. Fe overload that is for sure. Also yeah, Ni PoLR workhorse type, yet 7w8.

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe lead