What socionics types are most prone to leaving things behind unintentionally? I am notorious for doing this. Yesterday, I left behind my case with flash drives at work. Because I ‘float’ between work locations it can sometimes be several weeks before I work again in that same location. Yesterday I happened to work somewhere that is a 45 minute drive from where I live. I needed the flash drive though, so I made the 1.5 hour round trip on my day off to retrieve it.

I also find I frequently leave behind water bottles and forget where I put them. Jackets, sweaters, etc. Same thing. Also, I got ‘chewed out’ by the manager for doing just that. Worse yet, I’ll put food in the workplace fridge and then decide I’m not going to eat it for lunch, but I might eat it for dinner that night. Of course, I forget to take it back home with me. The food ends up sitting there because once again it’s several weeks since I work again at that same location. I’ve also done the same with files I’m working on, I temporarily save a file to the desktop before uploading it but then forget to remove the file from the desktop once it’s no longer needed there. Then my coworkers wonder what that extraneous file is doing there.

In public places, I’m so afraid that I’ll leave my purse or keys behind. I get kind of paranoid, and hold onto it at all times because in the past I’ve lost them so much that I no longer trust myself to remember if I temporarily set it down. I’ve also been known to order something through the drive through and then forget to grab my change, or the food!

The thing is that aside from this incredible absent-mindedness, I’m actually a very neat, organized, methodical person overall. I have all of my books neatly arranged by topic. I like to put my files in folders by category. It’s just that when I get interrupted or distracted by something, I can get rather disoriented, and that’s where the forgetfulness comes in, I think. That’s what’s so funny about this. I mean everyone is absent minded from time to time but some seem to be more prone to these moments than others. I seem to do it more than average and it’s embarrasing because otherwie I am normally intelligent and organized person.

Do you think it might be my Si HA? Te ignoring maybe? Se PoLR? What’s going on socionically here? Or should I just get more sleep, because when I’m sleep deprived I’m more prone towards making these errors.