Thread: Lost Explanation

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Lost Explanation

Ok I've been wanting to make a post on Lost for a while. Considering I just did a rewatch it's the perfect time to do it. When you understand the context of the show, the ending(as well as the whole show) is perfect.

The main themes of Lost are karma and destiny. At the end of Lost, all of the characters are in a church together. Many fans took this as they all died and went to purgatory. And while in a sense this is true, perhaps our lives are purgatory as well. Perhaps in some alternate universe we go to the island with a select group of people we are all destined to meet. These are the types of questions that Lost wants you to ask.

The single most important event in understanding Lost happens in the season 5 finale. Juliet bangs a rock against jughead. Does it explode... perhaps it doesn't explode and the hatch is built over it(and jughead possibly becomes the fail-safe). Or perhaps even more oddly, they both happen creating a fork in which two different realities emerge.

The 2nd most important issue to understanding Lost is the hatch. 4 + 8 + 15 + 16 + 23 + 42 = 108. 108 in eastern mythology represents enlightenment... understanding ones destiny. As Jacob(and his mother explained) the light is the source of all things. A little bit of the light is in all things. And the hatch was the location of a breach in this electromagnetic force. The electromagnetic force started tearing apart reality if the energy wasn't dispersed. So basically the hatch sorted out how energy was released into the world. And in a metaphorical sense, it was the gears of destiny.

When Locke decided not to push the button any longer, reality started overloading. So to stop this Desmond turned the fail-safe key(and in an odd way, took over for the machine). Desmond became able to see the future, able to cross over between the different universes. Desmond became resistant to the electromagnetic spectrum(he existed outside of the casual events that held reality together). The survivors were running across each other frequently in the alternate universe, yet they didn't realize that they were destined for each other... until of course Desmond showed them.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel IEI's are like these people that have been hit by the Divine Spark, only for it to lodge itself halfway through their spinal cords, simultaneously splitting them in two and keeping them up straight by the pull of heaven.

They're the paraplegics which makes SLE's aptly their wheelchairs...

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    I feel IEI's are like these people that have been hit by the Divine Spark, only for it to lodge itself halfway through their spinal cords, simultaneously splitting them in two and keeping them up straight by the pull of heaven.

They're the paraplegics which makes SLE's aptly their wheelchairs...
    So basically you're taking a thread on a TV show, and turning it into some socionics mumbo jumbo. Are you trying to say that finding spiritual connections is an IEI trait? I just don't feel like that's the case at all. I mean even the supposed cliches of the opposite quadra have obvious spiritual values. You don't think SLIs build, create, and enjoy the things that they supposedly without finding some sort of peaceful spiritual connection to the process. I think you're mistaken socionics for philosophical intelligence.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitta View Post
    So basically you're taking a thread on a TV show, and turning it into some socionics mumbo jumbo. Are you trying to say that finding spiritual connections is an IEI trait? I just don't feel like that's the case at all. I mean even the supposed cliches of the opposite quadra have obvious spiritual values. You don't think SLIs build, create, and enjoy the things that they supposedly without finding some sort of peaceful spiritual connection to the process. I think you're mistaken socionics for philosophical intelligence.
    I was just trying to insult you. Meh.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this a machine translation?

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    I was just trying to insult you. Meh.
    No you were trying to type me based on bullshit cliches due to the topic discussion because your brain is incapable of seeing anything in life besides socionics.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An angry machine translation

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitta View Post
    No you were trying to type me based on bullshit cliches due to the topic discussion because your brain is incapable of seeing anything in life besides socionics.
    How do you really​ feel about it?