Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default Musical Universe test

Note: If you try to submit a page of answers after missing one or more questions, a box will appear at the top of the page (...not the top of the screen...), meaning that the test will appear to freeze if you are at the bottom of the page of questions.
    @Olga linked this on the WSS Facebook group. I thought it was rather good, and enjoyable too.
    http://www.musicaluniverse.org/

Here are averages from the general population:

Extraversion: 4.44

Agreeableness: 5.23

Openness to Experience: 5.38

Conscientiousness: 5.40

Emotional Stability: 4.83
    Last edited by Not A Communist Shill; 05-17-2016 at 04:35 PM.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Here are your musical preference scores:

Your preference score for Mellow music: 21 (Low)

Your preference score for Unpretentious music 19 (Average)

Your preference score for Sophisticated music: 32 (High)

Your preference score for Intense music: 15 (Very Low)

Your preference score for Contemporary music: 14 (Low)

Here are your personality scores. Scores range from 1 to 7.

On Extraversion you scored: 1

On Agreeableness you scored: 5

On Openness to Experience you scored: 5.5

On Conscientiousness you scored: 5.5

On Emotional Stability you scored: 2.5

(I self-type as EII in Socionics).

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Musical Engagement

Below are your musical engagement scores. Scores range from 7 to 21. Your highest score indicates your most prominent musical engagement style and your lowest score indicates your least prominent style.

Your score for Emotional Engagement with music: 20

Your score for Intellectual Engagement with music: 16

Your score for Physical Engagement with music: 12

Your score for Social Engagement with music: 16

Your score for Narrative Engagement with music: 21

Here is a description of our research and of each musical engagement category.
    People engage with music in a variety of ways. For some it is simply background noise, but for others it is an activity that holds deep meaning. People also engage with music in a variety of ways. Some engage in physical movement and dance, others experience music on a more intellectual level, and others become more engaged in the narrative or storytelling aspect of music. Recent research has suggested that there are 5 musical engagement domains:

Emotional engagement: People who engage emotionally with music (also referred to as Affective Engagement) experience music on a deeply emotional level. Those who engage emotionally not only experience a wide range of emotions while listening, but also use music as an emotional catharsis. They are able to express both positive and negative feelings through music, and to heal emotional wounds.

Intellectual engagement: People who engage intellectually with music (also referred to as Cognitive Engagement) focus more on the sonic, sound-related, and instrumental qualities in music. They notice the different instrumentation of the band, and focus on the melodies, counter-melodies, and the musical patterns that emerge in the music.

Physical engagement: People who engage with music physically tend tend to react more with their body to music. They feel the vibrations of music "in their bones" and whether in private or in public, may get the urge to nod their head, tap their food, or to dance. Those who physically engage are also more likely to feel motivated, energized, and "pumped" up from listening to music.

Social engagement: People who engage socially with music tend to identify closely with the musicians of the music that they like. At lives concerts they feel interconnected with the audience and feel a sense of group cohesion or social bonding when listening to music in groups.

Narrative engagement: People who engage with the narrative in music focus on the story that is being told through the music. They analyze the lyrics for underling meanings and symbols and often compare the narrative of the music to their own personal situation and life stories.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Musical Engagement

oh, I think you have taken a different test to me. I meant the "Musical Taste" one (but somehow overlook to mention that), but the test you have taken looks interesting too (I guess they all are) - which one is that?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post

oh, I think you have taken a different test to me. I meant the "Musical Taste" one (but somehow overlook to mention that), but the test you have taken looks interesting too (I guess they all are) - which one is that?
    It just keeps spinning and won't give me my results.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

If it gets stuck reload a couple times. I didn't lose my place. I am surprised I scored so high on the music because I answered neither like or dislike on a lot of them and extreme dislike of country.

Personality

On Extraversion you scored: 1.5

On Agreeableness you scored: 5.5

On Openness to Experience you scored: 7

On Conscientiousness you scored: 3.5

On Emotional Stability you scored: 4.5

Here is a description of each personality category:
    The Big Five dimensions of personality traits are the most widely accepted model today for studying personality. This model organizes people’s personality into five explicit traits commonly referred to as: Openness to Experience (O), Conscientiousness (C), Extroversion (E), Agreeableness (A), and Emotional Stability (ES). These traits are not a classification or psychopathology, but are rather a description of personal characteristics that are present to some degree in all people. Further, these traits seem to be present across most cultures around the world and may even be rooted to some extent in genetics.

Extraversion: Those who score highly on extraversion tend to be talkative, sociable, and assertive. They tend to be more involved and engaged in activity and are appear to be more energetic. Those who score low on extraversion are referred to as more introverted.

Agreeableness Those who score highly on agreeableness tend to get along well with others. They tend to be modest and cooperative, but negatively correlate with leadership. They are trust worthy and are more tender minded.

Openness to Experience Those who score highly on Openness to Experience, or simply, Openness, tend to have an appreciation for aesthetics and the arts. They tend to be more liberal, and are more in touch with their feelings and those of others. Those high on Openness tend to have active imaginations and are more inner-directed.

Conscientiousness Those who score highly on Conscientiousness tend to be self-disciplined, strive for achievement, and prefer order. They prefer to have things planned in advance rather than to do things spontaneously, and are typically dependable.

Emotional Stability Those who score highly on Emotional Stability tend to be self assured, confident, have higher self-esteem and do not tend to easily get upset, angry, or anxious and tend not to have depressive tendencies.

Satisfaction with Life

Your score on Life Satisfaction was: 32
    Scores range from 5 to 35.

Here is a breakdown of the scores:

(Adopted from http://internal.psychology.illinois....S%20Scores.pdf)

30 – 35 Very high score; highly satisfied

Respondents who score in this range love their lives and feel that things are going very well. Their lives are not perfect, but they feel that things are about as good as lives get. Furthermore, just because the person is satisfied does not mean she or he is complacent. In fact, growth and challenge might be part of the reason the respondent is satisfied. For most people in this high-scoring range, life is enjoyable, and the major domains of life are going well – work or school, family, friends, leisure, and personal development.

YWIMW

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

"What's Your Musical Listening Style?"

Your score for Emotional Engagement with music: 19

Your score for Intellectual Engagement with music: 14

Your score for Physical Engagement with music: 11

Your score for Social Engagement with music: 14

Your score for Narrative Engagement with music: 19

I think I may have exaggerated my answers somewhat in regards the level to which music inclines to dance (or wish to dance?).

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    If it gets stuck reload a couple times. I didn't lose my place. I am surprised I scored so high on the music because I answered neither like or dislike on a lot of them and extreme dislike of country.
    If you skip questions, I've noticed that the pop-up box that appears (asking if you really want to skip the questions, or attempt them before going to the next page) appears at the very top of the form, and you might not even notice that is why the page is frozen (a possible reason).

I found that with those music samples, there were genres I do not like very much, but I was able to tolerate the 15 second sample more than I would expect perhaps only because the elements of such genres that I greatly dislike were subdued, or simply did not appear in such a short space of time! I suspect that the 25 samples were fairly well-chosen and assessed appropriately however.

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Your preference score for Mellow music: 13
    Your preference score for Unpretentious music 13
    Your preference score for Sophisticated music: 21
    Your preference score for Intense music: 19
    Your preference score for Contemporary music: 16
    Personality

On Extraversion you scored: 4.5
    On Agreeableness you scored: 2
    On Emotional Stability you scored: 6.5

Satisfaction with Life

Your score on Life Satisfaction was: 5

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Musical Preferences

Your preference score for Mellow music: 33

Your preference score for Unpretentious music 22

Your preference score for Sophisticated music: 22

Your preference score for Intense music: 42

Your preference score for Contemporary music: 24

How do your scores compare to the general population? See the table below. Simply compare your scores to the categories below.

Musical Preferences
    Mellow Unpretentious Sophisticated Intense Contemporary
    Very Low Scores below 17 Below 10 Below 16 Below 19 Below 13
    Low Scores between17 and 22 Between 10 and 15 Between 16 and 22 Between 19 and 25 Between 13 and 18
    Average Scores between 22 and 26 Between 15 and 20 Between 22 and 27 Between 25 and 30 Between 18 and 22
    High Scores between 26 and 32 Between 20 and 25 Between 27 and 32 Between 30 and 36 Between 22 and 27
    Very High Scores above 32 Above 25 Above 32 Above 36 Above 27

Here is a description of our research and of each musical preference category.
    Music listening is a prominent feature in people’s lives and is pervasive across cultures. It’s everywhere we go. It’s piped through retail shops, train stations, and airports. People spend hours a day listening to it and thousands buying it. It is very important to us and is often closely linked to our identity. Naturally, our musical preferences are a very important topic for psychologists. Recent research suggests that we can organize our musical preferences into five distinct categories. That is, people have preferences for Mellow, Unpretentious, Sophisticated, Intense, and Contemporary music—conveniently named the MUSIC Model.

Mellow music is defined as romantic, relaxing, unaggressive, sad, slow, and quiet; often heard in genres of soft rock, R & B, and adult contemporary;

Unpretentious music is defined as uncomplicated, relaxing, unaggressive, soft, and acoustic, and primarily from the country, folk, and singer/songwriter music genres;

Sophisticated music is defined as inspiring, intelligent, complex, and dynamic, and were from the classical, operatic, avant-garde, world beat, and traditional jazz music genres;

Intense music is defined as distorted, loud, aggressive, and not relaxing, romantic, nor inspiring, and were from the classic rock, punk, heavy metal, and power pop music genres);

Contemporary music is defined a percussive, electric, and not sad, and from the rap, electronica, Latin, acid jazz, and Euro pop music genres) (MUSIC).

Personality

On Extraversion you scored: 2

On Agreeableness you scored: 4

On Openness to Experience you scored: 5

On Conscientiousness you scored: 4.5

On Emotional Stability you scored: 4

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

My results from their brain type quiz:

EMPATHY

Your score on the Empathy Quotient (EQ) test is: 51

How does your score compare to the general population? See the table below. Simply compare your score to the categories below. Because females do score higher than males, we have also included the averages based on gender.

Empathy Quotient

General Population Females Males
    Very Low Scores below 34 Below 38 Below 30
    Low Scores between 34 and 41 Between 38 and 45 Between 30 and 37
    Average Scores between 41 and 46 Between 45 and 50 Between 37 and 42
    High Scores between 46 and 53 Between 50 and 57 Between 42 and 49
    Very High Scores above 53 Above 57 Above 49

Empathy is a very important aspect of daily life. It enables people to tune into how others are feeling, and to understanding what they may be thinking. It allows people to predict people’s behavior, react appropriately to others, and to interact effectively in social settings. From the onset of infancy, children begin to display empathetic behavior, and as they grow into early childhood they develop what is termed “theory of mind”. Theory of Mind, or “mind-reading” is the ability to place your own feelings aside, and to attribute and infer a mental state of another based on their experience. Whereas Theory of Mind has to do with the cognitive component of empathy, there is an affective component as well which has to do with your ability to emotionally respond appropriately to the affect state of another. The Empathy Quotient (EQ) is a test that measures both the affective and cognitive components of empathy. In general, females score higher than males on EQ, and some evidence suggests that EQ increases with age.

SYSTEMIZING

Your score on the Systemizing Quotient (SQ) test is: 25

How does your score compare to the general population? See the table below. Simply compare your scores to the categories below. Because males score higher than females, we have also included the averages based on gender.

Systemizing Quotient

General Population Females Males
    Very Low Scores below 11 Below 8 Below 17
    Low Scores between 11 and 16 Between 8 and 13 Between 17 and 22
    Average Scores between 16 and 22 Between 13 and 18 Between 22 and 26
    High Scores between 22 and 27 Between 18 and 23 Between 26 and 32
    Very High Scores above 27 Above 23 Above 32

Systemizing is the drive to analyze and construct systems, to predict the behavior of a system, and to control it. Systemizing is a very important aspect of everyday life. It helps us to navigate, make sense of, and understand our external world. The Systemizing Quotient (SQ) test measures the ability to systemize for a wide range of systems including mechanical (e.g., machines), abstract (e.g., mathematics), and organizable (e.g., taxonomy) systems. In general, males score higher on the SQ than females.

YWIMW

TIM
    Ni-ENTj 8w9 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Musical Preferences

Your preference score for Mellow music: 23

Your preference score for Unpretentious music 18

Your preference score for Sophisticated music: 25

Your preference score for Intense music: 26

Your preference score for Contemporary music: 25

Personality

On Extraversion you scored: 4

On Agreeableness you scored: 4

On Openness to Experience you scored: 7

On Emotional Stability you scored: 5

Satisfaction with Life

Your score on Life Satisfaction was: 13

10 – 14 Dissatisfied
    People who score in this range are substantially dissatisfied with their lives. People in this range may have a number of domains that are not going well, or one or two domains that are going very badly. If life dissatisfaction is a response to a recent event such as bereavement, divorce, or a significant problem at work, the person will probably return over time to his or her former level of higher satisfaction. However, if low levels of life satisfaction have been chronic for the person, some changes are in order – both in attitudes and patterns of thinking, and probably in life activities as well. Low levels of life satisfaction in this range, if they persist, can indicate that things are going badly and life alterations are needed. Furthermore, a person with low life satisfaction in this range is sometimes not functioning well because their unhappiness serves as a distraction. Talking to a friend, member of the clergy, counselor, or other specialist can often help the person get moving in the right direction, although positive change will be up the person.

TIM
    Ni-ENTj 8w9 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also did the Empathy/Listening quiz:

Reading the Mind in the Eyes Score

Your score on the Eyes test is: 30

How does your score compare to the general population? Simply compare your score to the categories below.
    Very low 0 to 20
    Low 21 to 24
    Average 25 to 27
    High 28 to 31
    Very High 32 and above

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Reading the Mind in the Eyes Score

Your score on the Eyes test is: 33

How does your score compare to the general population? Simply compare your score to the categories below.
    Very low 0 to 20
    Low 21 to 24
    Average 25 to 27
    High 28 to 31
    Very High 32 and above

TIM
    RLOEI 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your preference score for Mellow music: 34

Your preference score for Intense music: 32

Your preference score for Sophisticated music: 29

Your preference score for Unpretentious music 23

Your preference score for Contemporary music: 22

On Extraversion you scored: 1

On Agreeableness you scored: 2.5

On Conscientiousness you scored: 5

On Emotional Stability you scored: 2

Your score on Life Satisfaction was: 5

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Note: If you try to submit a page of answers after missing one or more questions, a box will appear at the top of the page (...not the top of the screen...), meaning that the test will appear to freeze if you are at the bottom of the page of questions.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Musical Preferences

Your preference score for Mellow music: 17

Your preference score for Unpretentious music 16

Your preference score for Sophisticated music: 17

Your preference score for Intense music: 36

Your preference score for Contemporary music: 15

Personality

On Extraversion you scored: 1.5

On Agreeableness you scored: 2

On Openness to Experience you scored: 6

On Conscientiousness you scored: 4.5

On Emotional Stability you scored: 1