Thread: "Miss Minimalist" Francine Jay

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default "Miss Minimalist" Francine Jay

I love her blog, Miss Minimalist, and have long considered her a probable EII. Then this afternoon I came across this post: The Year of the Butterfly. Something about it reminded me of @Maritsa.

Here's her "About Me" page: link

She's EII, imo.
    "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is." - Yogi Berra

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

EII

I call it object UNLOVING lol and it's practical. Love practical.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-02-2016 at 06:15 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
    I love her blog, Miss Minimalist, and have long considered her a probable EII. Then this afternoon I came across this post: The Year of the Butterfly. Something about it reminded me of @Maritsa.

Here's her "About Me" page: link

She's EII, imo.

I love the way in which she expresses her gratitude.

"Thank you for reading it, and spreading the word to your friends and families! We all know I’m not much of a marketer, and I’m eternally grateful to all of you for making it a success."

I love organization.

Here's her Aristocratic dichotomy announcement:

"I don’t have a Real Life Minimalist this week, so I thought I’d use this slot for an administrative announcement. Not quite as exciting, but stay with me—I think this development will really help build our community."

Here's Te seeking...major life decisions are hard for EII to make on their own and even a lot of other decisions "What should I do?" What is the logic of action?

"Both my husband and I have siblings, and therefore no experience with what it’s like to be an only child. So this week, instead of posting any words of wisdom or advice, I’m asking you for yours. I know some of you will advise me to leave it to fate—a charming idea, to be sure, but one I’m not entirely comfortable with when it comes to major, life-altering decisions."

And, willingness to listen to people's personal life experience instead of "experts" is very much about EII

"What I’d really like to hear are your experiences: did you decide to have just one child (or more) and why? What are the pros and cons to having (or being) an only child? Do you find minimalism becomes more challenging with each addition, or do shared possessions make for a greater “economy of stuff”?"

Another thing I wanted to add to this. I feel that almost all of my SEI friends know exactly how many kids they are having because they have them when they get pregnant. Me. I have to think about it not just pop them out. I don't get the inner maternal nature of some people. I have to really think about them.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-02-2016 at 06:29 PM.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I love the way in which she expresses her gratitude.

"Thank you for reading it, and spreading the word to your friends and families! We all know I’m not much of a marketer, and I’m eternally grateful to all of you for making it a success."

I love organization.
    I thought you might like her

She has a very Delta feel to her, imo, especially w posts like the one I linked to and another in particular about owning less so she can afford to work less (and focus on the things she values).

I really like both her message and the way she presents it. She really wants to make the world better, starting w herself. She lives a simple, meaningful (according to her own definition first and foremost) life, and seems to really value freedom, creativity, family, and relationships while downplaying material goods and acquisition. Very EII.
    "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is." - Yogi Berra

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
    I thought you might like her

She has a very Delta feel to her, imo, especially w posts like the one I linked to and another in particular about owning less so she can afford to work less (and focus on the things she values).

I really like both her message and the way she presents it. She really wants to make the world better, starting w herself. She lives a simple, meaningful (according to her own definition first and foremost) life, and seems to really value freedom, creativity, family, and relationships while downplaying material goods and acquisition. Very EII.
    I love it. Thank you
    -