Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default War Room

This is a faith based film as you can see from this trailer. It looks to me to be VERY well-acted (and the daughter is preciously adorable). You can see where the title comes from in the clip, and I just love that. The biggest "war" on my faith and hope were the "war years" during and after my divorce, after the emotional struggles then the practical ones, one thing after another, all faced when I was weak after the long battle in a difficult marriage. Truly when we are weak, we are strong. Because we lean not on ourselves, because there just isn't enough there sometimes. I prayed so much, and to make myself remember I had prayed, since I forget, and to make myself let go and let God, I often put little sticky-notes with tiny abbreviated prayers that I had put before God, and pile them up at Jesus' feet on my crucifix, or at St. Joseph's feet (holding child Jesus) if I was asking for his intercession. And always later, I could gather those up, and re-read, and see how God had come through every time. So those awful years I can now look back fondly on, remembering how God carried me, so much. You just don't really experientially know how powerfully He can intervene in your life until you ask, and we just don't tend to start asking and leaning until times are real tough. Which can later make you SO GRATEFUL for the hard times. In this movie, the war is a marital crisis, and you can see this wife going into battle... and this is the way of hope.

"A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The trailer above was not available for me to view so I took a look on YouTube and found this clip which made me smile:

http://youtu.be/6jfOQ4-whSI

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Shayden - Awesome clip! Thank you for sharing!

If you all haven't seen Courageous yet, I think it's still my favorite.

And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Little Boy

@applejacks, I like the clip. Yes, particulary that statement at about 1:00 - 1:10.

@Shayden, interesting clip.The older woman in the clip knows she has a captive audience, because the younger woman wants the job as her realtor, so shes using that to boldly say her thing. Smart lady. She has something to teach and she is going to use the advantage. Dh and I were just praying for "the lukewarm", in last weeks Divine Mercy Novena, on Saturday,the last prayer. I said that includes us -- sometimes are not lukewarm, but far too often are. Obviously the older woman would be "hot"...

Well, my favorite inspirational movie yet, about God and faith, would be "Little Boy". I am posting this because anyone can see this - War Room is not showing near most people unfortunately. But right now, "Little Boy" is on Netflix and its really good, as you can see from this trailer:

"A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Eliza Thomason - I've never heard of this! Thanks for sharing! Looks awesome!! I'll have to watch it on Netflix soon
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by applejacks View Post

I like and dislike this film trailer...like that the father speaking indicated he desired to be a wonderful dad and that others in the audience might too.
    This is a worthy intention - to have a positive impact upon others lives, training and mentoring offspring, encouraging others to be the best they can be in this area.
    I however dislike that personal knowledge I have, that many in the church will join in more to follow the crowd, or rules, for some desire for power, or use others morality compasses and styles instead of their own, some being pressured or afraid if they do not agree to do the same as others they will be judged or go to the place called hell etc etc...
    Also my husband chimes in with, 'that it could be a put down to woman who also should share this important role' for in this day and age good mentoring etc of youngsters should be performed by both men and women'.

My own long experience within the church is one where my 'skills' and 'abilities' are desired but many cannot handle them and the changes it means or maybe it is me they cannot handle or control, for some wish to use me as their own crystal ball and some have a love/hate relationship with me. One just wished to take me and show me off as their prophet which is more about being a stage show puppet under another's control.

Just think - there are many Psychopaths and narcissists attracted to the church ministry desiring to be in positions of power - for some go to prison, some are attracted to the corporate world and then there are many liking positions within the church and they should not lead for motives are off of course, focused on self, lacking guilt, liking easily enough acquired titles and being in close reach of victims. Many are also charming at first providing impressive first impressions thus aiding their desired career paths.

In today's church there is much erroneous teaching, many Christians are living with 'closed' eyes, giving themselves such a strict focus and not being the best humans they could be but they think otherwise. They are confused by many preachers way off track teachings combined with some truths, little life experience, little wisdom, little love for others. This leads many congregation members to distorted thinking, making for a sick church.

Continuously these things are occurring within the church and sadly there's no sign of improvement.

Sad this life within the church today, though what can one expect from a man made system. It teaches and pushes forward what is thought to be positive and truthful teachings but what is really occurring is mixed truths, a control over the spiritual and overall quite closed communities.

True spirituality to me is one on one with the creator as best as we can do - it's not the system installed by man, it's an inner life shared with the creator and shared with others.

I'm not sure we can ever change this pattern occurring as new generations consistently repeat causing the structure within the church to basically remain the same with it more being about man than God at the end of the day.
    Last edited by Hays; 04-06-2016 at 06:57 AM.