- Very inventive, but in an understated natural way. As if it's the most normal thing in the world. (From stories told, his parents are inventive and don't always march to all of society's drums.)
- Owns and drives a mini-van and appears to be a little embarrassed about it, but he's renovated the interior to be a cozy little space - taking out the middle and back seats, put down carpet, made a little couch that can fold out into a mattress. He stocks snacks and light sabers.
- One time I said something about how that particular evening I was feeling exhausted and would probably sit in the corner of the group feeling / being emotionally numb. He said something like, "Oh, you mean how most males are." Not sure if that's how most males are, but he apparently identified with it.
- A DIY king, basically. But, again, seems almost embarrassed about it.
- We have a shared value of learning new information and can connect over it.
- Smiles a lot and is at least superficially friendly to everyone. Often makes a point to say something and engage with each of the individuals around him.
- Has said to me that he doesn't feel strong in creating and maintaining long-term friendships / relationships. Which at first seemed odd to me since he seems to have so many long-standing friendships. He's one of the oldest members of a group of friends that's been around for years. He seems to know everyone and everyone likes him.
- Will do joking "lies", which I unfortunately fall for far too often.
- Doesn't mind being goofy, but then seems to be slightly embarrassed.
- Is definitely ok being unconventional. But in a personal sense; he never really seems to want or expect others to be so.
- Claims to be frugal, and I haven't seen too many contradictions in that so far.
- Doesn't have a career, per se. A self-described jack-of-all-trades. His current source of income is as a sort of one-man geek squad, helping people and companies fix their various technology-related issues, particularly as it relates to managing the physical devices and their setup.
- Seems to enjoy being helpful, more than the average person.
- Takes things to heart more than he shows. I kind of had to watch for it, but little things show it. For example, one time I asked his advice on a project I was thinking about. He said he'd check into a particular resource. Several days passed and I heard nothing from him, so I began to fear I'd been forgotten. I run into him a bit later and after talking a bit ask about that resource. He said it had fallen through. Then he says in passing how he noticed something funny in his sketches of my idea and goes on about that funny thing. What stood out to me in that moment, though, was that he certainly had not forgotten and had in fact been thinking a lot about it. (It helped a lot with my trust, too.)
- Appears to have overall positive relationships with his family. Traditions, while not vital and unmovable, seem valued. Many of his stories involve family members including extended relatives.
- Enjoys researching a topic and then teaching others about it. Gains satisfaction from the pupils' enjoyment of the process and absorption of the topic.
- Flabbergasted at my relative lack of exploring-the-local-area experience.
So far I'm thinking extroverted Ne/Si type.
What else should I describe? What do you think so far?