Thread: LIIs, how do you perceive ILIs? (INTj & INTp)

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default LIIs, how do you perceive ILIs? (INTj & INTp)

All opinions welcome, but preferably in the real world, not on here.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Contra,

On top of the thread that I submitted, I find them:

- not very objective;
    - take dissenting views too personally;
    - immerse themselves completely in projects;
    - frustrating when I want them to finish-up and complete the paperwork;
    - the best advisors;
    - great at winging it and coming up with quick solutions;
    - easy to talk with but I get irritated when they verbally spar and play 'silly bugger';
    - circular, defensive, and evasive in real conflict;
    - surround themselves with what I would call clutter, and their inbox can be a compost heap.

a.k.a. I/O

hiatus
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    All opinions welcome, but preferably in the real world, not on here.
    To summarize, ILIs are often quite intelligent people that I respect, but from my frame of reference their Gamma values make them selfish, and their approaches to life are hard for me not to criticize.

One ILI that I know, my younger brother, is easygoing and friendly to people that he trusts. He is intelligent and thoughtful, with a good sense of humor and a gift with language. However, his irrational preference manifests itself to me as laziness. He also has an incredibly pompous manner of speaking when an interest of his is brought up. I respect him a lot, especially for putting up with me and the stick up my ass.
    He's ILI but also has traits of all other IP types. Most obvious in him is IP temperament.

Another ILI that I know is the valedictorian of my class, and a good friend of mine. He reminds me a lot of my brother; however, his parents push him to work his hardest, so he's not as lazy. He's also more energetic and assertive than my brother is.
    He's ILI but has traits of all Ni-ego types. He has a lot of conscious foresight but really lacks the drive to do more than play video games without external pressure.

I know some more irritating ILIs but I'm not going to detail them. In general, people that fit into this "annoying" category are more focused on Te and "practicality", are more critical, and are more hostile to the sharing of ideas and detached analysis for its own sake.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hacim, the friend I spoke about in my "Stupid Fi" thread is ILI. After reading your post I'm wondering if a lot of my annoyance with him isn't because of his seeming apathy as an Ip temperament.

Contra, I think Hacim is on the money.

hiatus
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nickelslick View Post
    Hacim, the friend I spoke about in my "Stupid Fi" thread is ILI. After reading your post I'm wondering if a lot of my annoyance with him isn't because of his seeming apathy as an Ip temperament.

Contra, I think Hacim is on the money.
    Yeah, all the ILIs that I detailed above would probably act just as apathetically as the subject of your thread. The "valedictorian" ILI irritates an ESE mutual friend for not demonstrating his sentiments to a level that she deems satisfactory.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just read the horrible ILI descriptions.
    Last edited by Skepsis; 04-13-2016 at 12:55 AM. Reason: many were probably written by them
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Intelligent, wise, deep thinker, cautious, skeptical, great foresight, pragmatic, critical, calm, unemotional, sarcastic maybe even a bit cynical.

Compared to myself, they are a bit more cynical and skeptical of new theories.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP