Thread: Optimizing Ni-leading

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Optimizing Ni-leading

Has anyone actually found a way to optimize Ni-leading so that you at least take the best course of action frequently instead of taking no action?

ILI thoughts are also welcome.
    Last edited by Singu; 02-01-2017 at 01:13 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Disregard your own feelings as much as possible
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The answer to this is as with anything else: make it a habit. Make it a habit to act and put yourself out there, especially when to do so would be onerous or fills you with dread. I might not say disregard your thoughts and feelings "as much as possible" but realize when your doubts and hesitations are not based on anything. When in doubt, err on the side that is opposite to your instincts, since you know they are biased.

Also -- realize that no matter what, you still won't be able to do this consistently. Apportion resources accordingly.

edit: this is mostly based on my own experience but I imagine it will apply for Se Suggestive too.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a weird kind of stick-to-it-ness that some IEIs and ILIs have. Like my IEI best friend who could hide away and write applications to academic jobs every single day for months, or get up every morning and write poetry or work on a memoir. Like my ILI mom who was able to work really diligently at her job and who when she had a long-term goal (okay, it was revenge-based) just would not give up. It all looks kind of low-energy to me, but there's a long view in mind and they can get a lot of shit done. So I never underestimate Ni-dominants.

I guess what the scenarios I describe here have in common is taking the long view and being patient versus pushy. There's something sober about the mentality I see work for them, so I agree with the not-getting-swayed-by-emotions thing.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Disregard your own feelings as much as possible
    lol... yeah I've thought of that. But I also think that the environment is important so that if my internals fails then there's something external to rely on.

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    The answer to this is as with anything else: make it a habit. Make it a habit to act and put yourself out there, especially when to do so would be onerous or fills you with dread. I might not say disregard your thoughts and feelings "as much as possible" but realize when your doubts and hesitations are not based on anything. When in doubt, err on the side that is opposite to your instincts, since you know they are biased.

Also -- realize that no matter what, you still won't be able to do this consistently. Apportion resources accordingly.

edit: this is mostly based on my own experience but I imagine it will apply for Se Suggestive too.
    Yeah, I think it's pretty much the same for Se suggestive as well.

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    There's a weird kind of stick-to-it-ness that some IEIs and ILIs have. Like my IEI best friend who could hide away and write applications to academic jobs every single day for months, or get up every morning and write poetry or work on a memoir. Like my ILI mom who was able to work really diligently at her job and who when she had a long-term goal (okay, it was revenge-based) just would not give up. It all looks kind of low-energy to me, but there's a long view in mind and they can get a lot of shit done. So I never underestimate Ni-dominants.

I guess what the scenarios I describe here have in common is taking the long view and being patient versus pushy. There's something sober about the mentality I see work for them, so I agree with the not-getting-swayed-by-emotions thing.
    Yeah, one way to do it is to make a long-term goal and work on that. But I wish there was more of a way to act ad-hoc in situations.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Yeah, one way to do it is to make a long-term goal and work on that. But I wish there was more of a way to act ad-hoc in situations.
    That's what alcohol's for.

Actually, though, if you live in a place where you can take classes in improv, I've met / studied with a couple of different people who are not actors and have recommended improv as a crucial life skill to help you think on your feet. And both of them were amazing at it; one said he wouldn't have half the self-confidence he does if it weren't for having learned some improv.

Could that be relevant?
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, well I've decided to "externalize" Se by writing down commands on paper, and making sure that I would be looking at them often. Like "Do this" or "do that". Strangely, that seems to work pretty well... It's like Ni won't do anything unless told what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    That's what alcohol's for.

Actually, though, if you live in a place where you can take classes in improv, I've met / studied with a couple of different people who are not actors and have recommended improv as a crucial life skill to help you think on your feet. And both of them were amazing at it; one said he wouldn't have half the self-confidence he does if it weren't for having learned some improv.

Could that be relevant?
    Yeah, something like that could help. I would just keep saying to myself, "DO IT NOW!!!!!!!".