Thread: The Game

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default The Game

The power of social media is alive and well in Iraq where Iraqi SWAT team members are letting their instagram followers vote on whether or not they should execute a Daesh prisoner. In a nod to the gladiatorial matches at the colosseum in ancient Rome, the polling results do not look very positive for this cat…

Yay or nay?

https://www.instagram.com/iraqiswat/

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I just saw this on facebook. 'what a time to be alive' was the caption. indeed.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I just lost the game.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

this is very bad it only gives more reasons to isis and friends to be mean

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And so it continues...

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Wtf, this can't be for real. Wars and armies are psychopaths' Disneyland. They should clearly do more entry tests to keep the crazies out.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they kill him, he will just be dead. If they keep him alive and punish him, make him suffer, then he can be both a deterrent to others and have a chance to atone.

Other than that, I don't really care. This guy probably aided in torturing and killing a lot of people, so for me to say it's wrong to eliminate him from this world wouldn't be right either. So I don't care and don't see anything wrong or right with this.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I didn't research this to see if it is a hoax or not but if true then the SWAT team are just a bunch of psychos too and participating in the game of retribution therefore putting their own selves and families at risk. The cycle will continue. I am anti-death penalty and pro-choice ftr. It is hard to feel sympathy for either side as a whole and easier to feel it for individuals in a case where they are gong to be executed based on a game.

I just can't get this song out of my head every time I see this thread so I have to post it to end my torment.

Evolution is a mystery
    Full of change that no one sees
    Clock makes a fool of history
    Yesterday's so long ago, don't agree with what I know.
    Tomorrow becomes a place to be.

I see the line in the sand
    Time to find out who I am
    Looking back to see where I stand
    Evolution
    Evolution

See my reflection change
    Nothing ever stays the same
    But you know the name's The Game
    We all know what it means
    Nothing's ever what it seems
    Unforgiven, unforseen

I see the line in the sand
    Time to find out who I am
    Looking back to see where I stand
    Evolution

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

More proof of why I have exactly zero faith in most of humanity. How the fuck did this dude get to be so fucking fat in a country torn apart by warfare and tribal conflict? He clearly hasn't missed any meals yet there are lots of people over there who are skin and bones who would literally kill for a meal because they haven't had one in over a month!

It ain't a theory if you can prove it I say, and I say this fucker works for the CIA and sucks bankster cock for money. Fuck him, fuck them, and fuck our bullshit Imperialist Government and the Banksters they serve. There's only one time Jesus resorted to violence and, quite tellingly, the guards didn't move to stop him. Just putting that out there. Fuck the money changers and double fuck those who kill for their filthy lucre. Life is more important than money, anyone who thinks it's the other way around has it coming good and hard in my mind. Those who live by the sword...

TIM
    α-ω
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No matter whether this is (was?) actually an IS guy or just some poor sod whose only mistake is to belong to the wrong community or who continued to live under IS rule and thus seen as a collaborator, this's totally off the mark.

But provided he is or was actually an IS guy I can't say I feel sorry for him since in this case it's prolly pretty safe to say that he'd chop my head off in a heartbeat if he had the opportunity even though that basically means that I assess the killing of that guy less severe than the probably gruesome deeds committed by that guy. Yet killing him is counterproductive so, nay. But I suppose he's already dead....

Hoax or real, since it's pretty common that Iraqi security forces including elite units or paramilitary groups commit atrocities it's quite possible that this is credible. Their motto might be, in order to win the fight against this enemy we have to become like the enemy. Nonetheless, when those who are supposed to be the "good guys" turn out to be or become the "bad guys" they defeat the very purpose for which they fight.

On a side-note: face it, we all get desensitized to violence on a daily basis, all you have to do is watch the news. Each war is horrible and desensitizes and it involves abuses of power, massacres, murder, rape and something. Culture desensitizes.... and simply explaining away atrocities that any war entails as merely an exception to the rule or the effects of war (that's usually what happens) is exactly that kind of thinking that allows those incidents in the first place.

One might think we have evolved further and are past shit like that since we do not publicly lynch people on the market place anymore for whatever reason and something, but are we really? I don't think so.
    "The spirit of resistance to government
    is so valuable on certain occasions,
    that I wish it to be always kept alive.
    It will often be exercised when wrong
    but better so than not to be exercised at all.
    I like a little rebellion now and then.
    It is like a storm in the atmosphere."
    Thomas Jefferson