Hello everyone ! i've been researching typology and stumbled across socionics and decided to take this questionnaire
Please my honest and feel free to ask all the questions you need to get an accurate typing.
Now onto the questions.
[I]1. What is work in your opinion? Why do people go to work? Are there any parameters where you can distinguish whether you can do this work or not?
-Work, work, work. In my opinion itís when you use yourself physically or mentally to accomplish something in the short or long term. The two main factors that determine whether someone can work is their physical ability and mental capabilities.
2. How do people determine the quality of work? How do you determine such quality? How well you can determine the quality of any purchase, do you pay any attention to it?
-Who did it, the process and final outcome. If my niece whoís 6 drew me a picture I know it wonít be great, but because she takes pride in what she drew and thatís the best she can do I appreciate it, However if my mum cooked a dish which wasnít that nice, Iíll tell her what I enjoyed about it so she doesnít feel her effort was wasted, but then Iíll tell her I didnít like other aspects which encourages her to improve.
3. There is a professional right next to you. You always see that you can't perform the way they do. Your feelings, thoughts and actions?
-Iíll feel inferior, inadequate and embarrassed, Iíll try and copy him or Iíll just ask for help from the professional so at least he knows Iím struggling and can help me.
4. If you struggle to do something, what can you say about such a task? Tell us your next steps and give examples. Compare with actions of others in a similar situation.
-Iíll try my best, but to be honest Iíll freeze and give up, I may read over the question again and hopefully the answer pops back into my head, but other than that Iíll just move on.
5. You need to build a pyramid exactly like in Egypt. Your thoughts, feelings and actions?
-First Iíll think what is it for? Then Iíll think about what Iím gaining from it, Iíll ask family and friends about it and see if they think I should do it, if they think itís a good idea Iíll ask them how I should go about doing it. When I have a plan Iíll proceed.
1. General to specific, specific to general Ė what does it mean? Give examples.
-General to specific, hmm, I think of vague, openness and subjectivity. General allows room for questions and individual interpretation as nothing is set in stone. As for specific, I think of rules and regulations, I think of the small print at the bottom of an advert, lol. Specific is very detailed, spot on and bullseye.
2. What does "logical" mean? What is your understanding? Do you think that it correlates with the common view? Is it is easy for you to be logical?
-Hmm, well, I think logic is a very subjective, but very objective, I know im contradicting myself but bear with me. Itís subjective because itís down to how each individual understand things, but very objective, in the sense, that individuals outlook is very clear and straight forward to them, thatís how theyíre making sense of whatever it present. I like to think of myself as logical.
3. What is hierarchy? Give examples of hierarchies. Do you need to follow it? Why or why not? Give example of hierarchy of systems, what is it?
-Hierarchy simply put is when someone is on top of someone because they have self-entitled power over someone because they feel theyíve been associated with a group long enough, or have done something significant enough to earn that title. I think itís very important for society as a whole, because it gives humans a structure, but when it comes down to surface level, like in school or the work place I can clearly see it, but donít really care nor pay much attention to it.
4. Choose one of the following tasks and give a detailed answer. Explain your choice.
- How notions of ďflatwareĒ and ďspoonĒ relate to each other ?
Well, because Iím dumb, Iím choosing the easy one. Flatware is domestic cutlery, theyíre typically used in the home, things such as knives, forks and plates fall into that category, similarly a spoon is used in your home for domestic use, therefore it to falls into the category of flatware.
5. Do you frequently feel the need to structure information? For what purpose? How do people usually do it? How do you do it?
-Not really, my mind is full of irrelevant pieces of information that gets plucked out every so often, however when I need to know something Iíll literally read everything on the specific topic, then write it down on paper so I donít forget.
1. Can you press people? What methods do you use? If so, how does it happen?
-I donít generally do that, I like people to make their own mind up, but I do have to tell the truth, i have a tendency to be rather imposing and telling people what they should be doing.
2. Are there strategies of attack? Can you use them? When is it justified? Do you think it's ok to occupy someone else's territory? In what situations?
-To an extent I think everyone uses strategies, my strategy usually comes in the form of operating with people and their mind, Iíll say and do things that are going to elicit a certain type of reaction, also Iím aware of how I want my message to get across to people so I may do or say something in a very specific way. As for territory, I donít really pay attention to that.
3. How do you protect yourself and your interests?
-..Donít tell peopleÖanything! If I end up telling someone Iíll tell them categorically, donít tell anyone. Although this is a very bad way, I find out loads of stuff about people and hold it in my pocket as ammunition against them.
4. Describe your behavior in the situations of opposition and if you have to use some force?
-In times of oppositions Iíll look at it right in the face, I wonít shrink back, usually this is a faÁade, deep down Iíve probably wet my pants, but on the surface it look like Iím ready to take anyone on.
5. Do others think of you as a strong person? Do you think you are a strong person?
-On the outside i do look rather strong and to an extent i am, but usually im rather quite and to myself, until something sets me off.
1. What is beauty? Do you change your opinion about beauty? Does your understanding correlate with the generally accepted notion? What goes beyond the generally accepted notion?
-Beauty is something that is pleasant to the physical, emotional and psychological aspects of humans. This can change because beauty may be looking at a beautiful painting and smiling, but it could also be someone watching a sad movie and crying, someone watching the person crying may say theyíre beautiful because it shows how much they care.
2. Is there a template of understanding what beautiful means for everyone to use? Is there such a term as "classic beauty"? If so, what is it?[/I]
-I think to majority of people there is a general consensus, people do look to Kylie Jenner as a beautiful role model, she made having big lips a ďthingĒ, because she is the trendsetter of beauty as many other celebrities are, many people wouldnít want to admit it but itís the truth. So yes I agree looking into the world objectively there is a template of beauty, however I donít necessarily agree with that template.
3. How do you create your comfort and coziness? How do others evaluate your skill in doing so? Do you agree with them?
-I really had to think hard about this one, I actually donít know, when I think of comfort I just think of a warm blanket and hot chocolate, but never have I ever done that myself. Comfort is usually and solely from my cloths, half of the time I donít know if something is comfortable unless Iíve worn it several times then I suddenly realise this is actually comfortable. What does comfort even mean? I didnít know it was a skill.
4. How do you pick your own clothes? Do you follow fashion? Why? Do you know how to select clothes for different types of figures?
-To be totally honest I need external help when dressing, when dressing by myself, I look like a clown. I need someone to tell me that looks good, that looks bad, they match. This is one department I crave approval and seem needy. I used to think I could dress like a pro, until someone pointed out Iíve been wearing a suit wrong for 3 years.
5. Tell us how you'd design any room, house or an office. Do you do it yourself or trust someone else to do it? Why?
-Iíll probably adopt someone elseís format and just run with that because I canít be bothered to think up a new one, if that doesnít work for me Iíll make a few changes. STORYTIME. Im currently moving house and several times Iíve suggested moving things around and adding wardrobes in certain places, but my mum and dad have to keep reminding me that it wonít fit, or it will be in the way of something else, or it will fall down. Me and spatial awareness donít get along.
1. Is it acceptable to express emotions in public? Give examples of inappropriate expression of emotions.
-YES! I think its totally fine, however I do feel that there is a fine between expression and attention seeking behaviour, I think every emotion has an appropriate time and place.
2. Think of such negative emotional states as sadness, gloom, and despondence.
- Can you, at your own will, enter these states? If not, then when do you feel them?
No, they just come over me every so often, or if someone upsets me.
- How long can you stay in such states?
Not long, maximum for a day.
- How can you withdraw from them?
I cant, I just have to go through it then eventually itíll wear off.
- Can they be pleasant, soothing?
- How do you feel after you have experienced them?
Iíll step back and wonder why I felt like that. Iíll laugh it over and wonít think about it.
3. How quickly can you change emotional state? To what side Ė positive or negative?
-It can change very quickly, usually from happy/neutral to annoyed/upset any little thing can annoy my, but it doesnít last long, maximum 5 minutes because I end up forgetting I was upset.
4. What emotional state is usual for you? Does your internal emotional state correlate with what you show externally?
-My internal state is just.. normal, When im happy, I express it if its appropriate, however if im happy and everyone else is quite sad, Iíll probably leave the sad situation, or go and see what that matter is and help, however if Iím sad and everyone is happy and have no choice but to stay Iíll try and be happy.
5. Tell us about your moods over the last day
-Well I was really happy yesterday, because Iíve broken up for half term! I got home and just through all my book on the floor and indulged in YouTube and finishing this questionnaire which brought my emotional state back to happy/neutral.
1. Tell us how did you build relationships with others over the last day.
-I messaged a friend, spent time with other friends, went out with another batch of friends, followed another friend home and encouraged her about a test she thought she did really badly on.
2. What is sympathy? When do you need to express it? When is it advised not to? How do you express it?
-Sympathy is showing concern and consideration for people despite not going through what theyíve been through, I express it by devaluing myself, or making jokes, or just spending time and letting the person pour out their feelings, there is never a time not express sympathy when you can.
3. Are there any standards of behavior or interpersonal relationships in the society? If so, do you adhere to them? Do people always have to maintain them? Why?
-Yes, there are, generally I do adhere to them, especially when meeting people for the first time or people im not really close with. Iíll ask questions, seem interested, see how everything is going with that person. However when Iíve establish a sort of closeness with a person and weíre both on the same wave length, I disregard it, I think itís important to follow formality especially when meeting people , because everyone's different an you donít want to upset anyone.
4. What does moral mean? What is immoral? How do you understand these terms and does your understanding correlate with the others? How can you evaluate the correctness of your own understanding?
-Moral, something that is good, while immoral is bad and selfish, I think morals are very general, theyíre the usual things in society many people follow because theyíre expected to, im sure many other people believe the same thing. Some matters are grey which leads to personal choice, subjectivity and individual interpretation.
5. Somebody is giving you a negative attitude Ė what is your reaction? Could you show your own negative attitude toward someone else? If so, how? Could you feel ill-disposed towards somebody for a long time? How easily do you forgive people?
-Iíll act like I donít know, if it keeps going on Iíll just cut you out of my life, when I show a negative attitude to someone and I can be really bitchy, and when I see them Iíll roll my eyes and be really awkward and quiet around them, eventually Iíll forget that i donít like them. I can forgive people really easily, I need to stop, I actually wish I could stay angry at people.
1. Is there a meaning of life? In what? Is it the same for everybody?
-Of course, coming from a religious family, the meaning of life it to make God happy. however i do understand not everyone shares the same view.
2. When you meet a stranger, what can you say about them right away? How do you know what this person is all about? Does it take long to understand someone's traits?
-I notice the way they act and how they talk, by that I can tell what theyíre going to be like, I can tell what kind of friends weíre going to be, how close are we, what theyíll be useful for, what kind of friendship weíre going to have, I also usually assign and trait with the person.
3. What is imagination? Do all people have imagination and can fantasize? What is your fantasizing like?
-Thinking of things that donít really exist in the real world, I think only some people have that capability, like my dad seriously canít think of things that could happen or fantasies, he is totally against it, my imagination is about things that could happen and transpire, but it also comes about in me thinking about events and situations thatís are so unreal (which im fully aware of ) but just thinking about is really fun.
4. What do you think of people (or yourself) who distinctively stand out in a crowd, differ from others? What is a measure of such distinction, how can this difference be feasible and how not?
-I really do like it and admire it, but once its attention seeking, youíre in my bad book, I hate that. I feel standing out shouldnít be an attempt to be noticed or doing something drastically different from your usual self, rather something that you usually do which is ďnormalĒ to you, but ďweirdĒ to others. Ironically though i say things that i dont mean, i just do it for a reaction or to provoke a debate.
5. Ideas do not have to be correct in order to be good. What's your attitude towards this statement?
-Well this is a weird question, I didnít know ideas can be good, bad, correct, and incorrect. I think all ideas have credit, otherwise that person wouldnít have stated it. I think there is something useful in all ideas, if not its just fun to listen to and contemplate, so I disagree with that statement.
1. How people change? How do you feel about those changes? Can others see the changes?
-I can see and smell change from a mile away, however it only seems to be me and a few other people that can see change in people and know why they act a certain way, some change in people is good while some are bad.
2. What is time? How do you feel time? Can you waste time?
-All I know about time is me have a sticky relationship. Im quite hit and miss with my timing, usually something catches my attention and I forget completely about time. Iíve been accused of not having any sense of urgency.. Which is sometimes true. My procrastination game Is strong.
3. Do you need help creating forecasts and determining how something will end? Do you trust those forecasts?
-I do it all the time and im usually right, I only trust those who have an accuracy rate of 90% and above.
4. Are you normally late? How do you react if someone is late?
-My lateness depends on how important something is, but generally im usually late, sometimes it's only by a few minutes (which doesn't count), while other times it's really bad, sometimes im ridiculously early. When someone else is late i totally understand becasue im guilty of it.
5. Imagine the situation where you agreed to meet with someone. Your feelings and actions:
a) 20 minutes before the meeting starts,
- Iíll be thinking of all the possible things we could talk about what I might say, Iíll probably have hypothetical conversations with myself, Iíll think about if I look presentable, Iíll think about what they might wear. The possibility they might have brought someone with them might cross my head.
b) 5 minutes before the meeting starts,
- Everything above, but even more excitement.
c) it is time for the meeting to start, but the person is not here
- Iíll be annoyed and disappointed, but Iíll think there in some traffic or just running a bit late.
d) 20 minutes after the meeting start time and the person is not here,
- By now I wouldíve called them twice and messaged them, Iíll be really annoyed and think about the next time im going to see them so I can get answers.
e) more time and the person is still not hereÖ
Ö Iíll leave.
...please be honest and ask as many questions as you need.