Thread: (Alpha) Pre-Neolithic Hunter Gatherers

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default (Alpha) Pre-Neolithic Hunter Gatherers

Here is source of my blogpost: http://socionicsdatabase.blogspot.co...gatherers.html

The Neolithic Age is a time period in which behaviorally and anatomically first appeared until the invention of record keeping and writing systems to document recorded history. The era of prehistory includes the three-age system of periodization of human prehistory into three consecutive time periods based on their respective tool-making technologies. The Stone Age, Bronze Age and the Iron Age are the three consecutive time periods of early chronological history of mankind. The time periods that I will be focusing on in this post will be the Paleolithic, Mesolithic and Neolithic or the chronological classifications of the Stone Age and it's relation to Alpha quadra values.

To begin, the Alpha quadra can be best manifested as the concept of pre-civilization, every civilization must start from ground zero by establishing a state. Although, the Alpha quadra does not value F in that a state must be established through force and territorial conquest, it is better represented as pre-civilization or the beginning of a culture. The focus on L+I allows the formulation of languages, customs and traditions in which the people of that culture can better interact with each other and improve specific aspects of their lives by following these customs and traditions. There is also a focus on S+E, with the agricultural surplus leading to healthier lifestyles and light-hearted rituals without any conflict or sense of mission that distinguishes this from a manifestation of T+E. To better differentiate between a culture and a civilization is that a civilization has a sense of permanence; along with advanced cities, advanced technology, record keeping, specialized workers and complex institutions. A culture can have tribes that have less strictly organized societies in where you have egalitarian agricultural villages and social stratification - yet these do not fit the description of a civilization. Consequently, the soft collectivism and inventiveness of early agricultural villages and hamlets are quite reminiscent of Alpha values (I will elaborate on this later with my next post about The Ancient World)

An Alpha quadra society is one that focuses on the enjoyment of resources in the present and articulates a sense of artistic joy. Pre-Neolithic Hunter Gatherers within the hearths of pre-civilization are a good example of this, as well as the Haitians. What characterized these cultures is that the civilians are enjoying life outdoors, they had no enemies, they had excellent weather all year long and plentiful resources such as water, crops and fish where these tribes could enjoy life as free and prosperous humans. Even though these tribes did not account as a civilization per se, yet this culture did have a state of some sort. Additionally, some Amazonian tribes that did not have clashes and competition with their enemies had a rather easygoing lifestyle without a leader or a system of government to command others as subordinates. Instead, the Amazonian tribes had a shaman who did organize activities of merriment, settling disputes between members of a clan, but did not command others around. An important idea to note about this is that these tribes did not have a collective sense of purpose or unity and even their leaders were non-confrontational individuals who were peacemakers by default.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ur post are always awesome. @Jeremy8419 You could really learn a thing a two by studying this style of text and how it is able to present ideas in a precise, easy to understand format with minimal redundancy.

I too have associated Alpha quadra with nomadic cultures. Freedom, wholeness with nature, sharing resources, cooperating with others as equal partners. All this is the essence of alpha quadra.

Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddytextures View Post
    cooperating with others as equal partners. All this is the essence of alpha quadra.
    alpha has Ti value and hence likes hierarchy, not personal equality. freedom - any quadra gives freedom to his valued regions
    sharing resources - no valued Se, so they are not greedy and like more material equality than beta-gamma
    wholeness with nature? a man always transforms the nature for his needs on a level of his technology. no relation to quadras
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    alpha has Ti value and hence likes hierarchy, not personal equality. freedom - any quadra gives freedom to his valued regions
    sharing resources - no valued Se, so they are not greedy and like more material equality than beta-gamma
    wholeness with nature? a man always transforms the nature for his needs on a level of his technology. no relation to quadras
    Hierarchy has more to do with the Aristocratic feature (Beta in particular) then it does with Ti by itself IMO. Some alphas might like having roles and tasks clearly defined but alphas are very much opposed to the idea of having people rule others against their will.

What I mean when I say alphas experience wholeness with nature is they value harmony with the established order of things rather then trying to adjust the environment to suit themselves. I believe many alphas despise the effect us humans have on the world and would rather see it revert to a clean, natural state devoid of human activity.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    alpha has Ti value and hence likes hierarchy, not personal equality.
    Not necessarily. Ti blocked with Ne makes it so that Ti hierarchies are applied to ideas, not the physical world. Thus, while certain shared ideologies may be regarded as important for Alphas, material hierarchies are generally ignored.