Thread: Identical relations: LSI + LSI Relationships (ISTj)

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Identical relations: LSI + LSI Relationships (ISTj)

What happens when two LSIs date each other? Does it last?
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Identical relationships are common and can last yes
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pole Ninja View Post
    What happens when two LSIs date each other? Does it last?
    Only if you both want it to last. My mom didn't marry another LSI but I know that her relationship with my biodad (EIE) didn't last because they had different visions of the future. Neither wanted to give up what they wanted. Duality could not overcome that obstacle... They are very civil to each other now and I guess it is even a friendly, flirty thing which is weird because I thought she hated him during my whole childhood.

Now he calls her a few times a week to check in on her and ask about my sister and me). I guess they have formed a long-term friendship. Her relationship with my ILI stepdad was literally, "until death do you part". They just worked well together. They were a "team". Both sx last which I think makes a difference. My bio dad is most likely an sx/so and my mom is not down with that "nonsense". hah

Any relationship that has mutual respect and love can last. Human hearts change too though. People grow apart and want to go in different directions. The odds of this is greater the younger you are. If you are into another LSI then do your part and if they do theirs it should be fine.

FTR, I love my identicals but can clearly see why they don't work out long term.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great responses, thank you.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

relations of same type should be boring. no drama and no significant support. it may remind relations of colleagues

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I really like (some of) my identicals but it's true that we have similar problems and similar ways of dealing with them. Too similar to be truly complementary. Don't know about romance but there might be too many emotions on the dance floor, if you see what I mean.
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    SEE! Type 7
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wouldn't it be something like...

"How about dinner and a movie?"

Repeat 7000x
    I'm just an effin ray of sunshine

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HotSauce View Post
    Wouldn't it be something like...

"How about dinner and a movie?"

Repeat 7000x
    I don't get it
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pole Ninja View Post
    I don't get it
    LSI stereotype about how bad they are at approaching relationships lol ("They tend to mechanistically approach matters of wooing and relationship-building" from a Wikisocion description).

Of course it's just an extremely black and white stereotype in that form as in the joke. Fe of the dual helps anyway, too, but here it was about Identicals being in a relationship.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Identical relationships are at their best when they have different fields of experience they can share and teach each other. Otherwise they can just be boring.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Identical relationships are at their best when they have different fields of experience they can share and teach each other. Otherwise they can just be boring.
    Eh, when it's interest in the same (and complex) area, I've experienced a lot of disagreement with them due to the different understanding developed while both parties having strong opinions of course. It slightly erodes the relationship over time (I don't mean weeks, more like months, years) if the parties aren't careful, in my experience anyway. I don't think I ever found the relationships with them boring though this wasn't ever romantic ones, just friendship level.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I might be an LSI-Ti and one of the only types I'd want to come anywhere close to being in a romantic relationship with is LSI-Se.

Regardless of whether EIE are my identicals, duals, or mirages, I wouldn't want to ever date one... they're too demanding and just not all that fun, at least not as much as logical types and Se-subtype Gamma SFs. LSI-Se and ILE-Ti ladies are so fun and so beautiful, I think that's the predominant view among males, as LSI-Se and ILE-Ti ladies seem to be the two most popular types among men. But I have huge difficulty meeting people, much less starting relationships, it's like as I got older a part of my brain developed that prohibits me from approaching people. I kind of want it that way though, I'm terrible with relationships, can rarely tell what people think about me and why, I don't ever believe positive opinions towards me for long especially if I have a positive opinion towards the person (I'm more likely to recognize negative opinions about me)... it's a law of my life, if I'm extremely attracted to them, they're not attracted to me, and if they're attracted to me, then I'm not attracted to them. I always placed a lot of value on intellect, creativity/originality, appearance, endurance, and voice and I don't have good qualities, so it's kind of hard to believe anyone who has the qualities I would love would want me for long.
    I'm sorry, but I'm psychologically disturbed.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    they're too demanding
    It's the impression common for bad IR.

If you describe own experience with "EIE", - types of both and IR can be other, than you think.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuavaDrunk View Post
    I really like (some of) my identicals but it's true that we have similar problems and similar ways of dealing with them. Too similar to be truly complementary. Don't know about romance but there might be too many emotions on the dance floor, if you see what I mean.