Thread: To Fall In Love With Anyone, Do This (Questions From NYT Article)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default To Fall In Love With Anyone, Do This (Questions From NYT Article)

Hello everyone, I was wondering if I could get some help in typing myself. I have a decent understanding from reading posts on the forum, but I'd love an outside opinion on figuring out my type. Currently I'd rank myself as: Ip>EP>EJ>Ij, NF>NT>SF>ST, Beta>Delta (I feel a strong tie to the Aristocratic dichotomy)>Alpha>Gamma, meaning that my best guess had me at IEI but I know that is a common mistype in the MBTI's equivalent. I have a hard time analyzing myself to be completely honest.

I couldn't make a video of myself because my camera is garbage, but I took two morning selfies and I have posted a sound recording of myself answering questions from the article "To Fall In Love With Anyone, Do This" which was a pop psych hit a bit more than a year ago. I'm not doing this because I want you to fall in love with me (my beautiful selfies will take care of that), but because the questions are specifically designed to help you get to know someone.

Selfies:

http://i.imgur.com/eea9ROP.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/KV0Plke.jpg

Audio:

https://soundcloud.com/paulie-717717455/paul-socionics

TIM Thoughts:

Introverted Sensing: homeostasis, continuity, flow, satisfaction, aesthetics, quality of life, pleasure, relaxation, convenience, quality, attachment, archetypal forms

I feel like I have a weird relationship with this one. I don't consciously feel very much pleasure, for example. I also get really stressed out when put into situations where I have to maintain homeostasis on something. However, I definitely like the feeling of a self-contained system, I just can't do it myself.

Extraverted Intuition: potential, permutation, isomorphism, semblance, essence, uncertainty, the unknown, opening up new "windows" and potentialities in conversation, taking opportunities, chance, being the first, refreshing informational suddenness, diversity of interests and involvements

I very lightly relate to these ideas; I don't mind taking risks or moving towards new opportunities. I don't mind uncertainty, I have a lot of faith that things will always work out for me. I'm definitely interested in all sorts of things. I don't know how I feel about "potential" or "permutation" though, I can't think of how those come into my life.

Introverted Logic: structure, analysis, coherence, consistency, cogency, accordance, match, commensurability, understanding, order, or the lack of thereof

I do a lot of analysis for fun, but very very rarely in my actual actions. I enjoy analyzing my games, for example. I'm sort of a ditz, I don't always "get" things fully. I'm good at understanding the gist of a topic but not the depths.

Extraverted Ethics: emotional atmosphere, romanticism, cooperation, treatment, qualitative judgement of behavior, sympathy, ethical estimations of observable actions, "ethics of actions"

These all connect with me on some level. I'm not good at changing/enforcing an emotional atmosphere, but I definitely get involved and participate. I prefer my ethical judgments to be based on concrete evidence and not some random ideal.

Introverted Intuition: development over time, historicity, cause and effect, looking for causes within the past/history, consequences, past/future dynamic forecasting, rhythm, delay/act-now, past-turned imagination

I might look for causes from the past every once in a while. In terms of my relationship with the future, it is blurry because I'm not super interested in committing towards a direction. As I said, I simply have a general confidence that everything will be fine.

Extraverted Sensing: experiential reality, external appearance, texture, form, static qualities of objects, impact, direct physical effect, span, extent, scope

I do not actively push myself to actively experience things. I don't have a strong sense of what is going on in my environment. Bad sense of direction, etc. I do really like the words "span," "extent," and "scope."

Introverted Ethics: internal harmony, resonance or dissonance of personal sentiments, sympathy, pity, compassion, support, condemnation, judgement, positive and negative emotional space

I don't have any hard set or concrete "personal sentiments." If they exist they are probably a bit blurry. I am pretty judgmental on a case-by-case basis. I'm not sure how "positive and negative emotional space" is different from what Fe talks about.

Extraverted Logic: efficiency, method, mechanism, knowledge, work, reason in motion, direction of activity into its most logical course of action, "logic of actions", utilitarianism, expediency, benefit

I'm very lazy. I like utilitarianism as a theory but I bump against it poorly sometimes. I don't like thinking about money and I'm super bad with it. However, when put into a situation of authority or when I'm the "expert" I can lead a group and actually have some fun being efficient, creating methodologies, and directing activity. I mention in my video recording that my greatest achievement was designing a program based on a set of ideals that came from my managers, and how I was glad that I could push past all the theoretical stuff to create something that worked in concrete reality.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

J type

I need a side profile picture please
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

You VI SEI to be honest..

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My guesses so far are ESE. You may want to look at the link in my signature for a better description of Fe
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the feedback from both of you and me trying to look at myself objectively I definitely see why I don't value Ni/Se. I am struggling with the idea of having Si in my Ego though. I think Si is really great, but I'm just having a hard time figuring out how it manifests in my life as a base or creative function. I had definitely considered SEI and ESE before, but thinking back on my even the recent past... the only Si/Ne valuing type that has never given me shit for being awful at Si (in terms of creating comfort, maintaining homeostasis, creating a positive aesthetic, etc) has been INTjs (EDIT: Wait, I just remembered my one INTj friend who did that), but I don't have any that have consistently been in my life. Is this a valid question to have, or am I barking up the wrong tree?

I'm actually less sold now on me valuing Fe after reading that link Maritsa, though it's obviously not impossible.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I recommend my test (and the tests of others) as being far more useful than VI:
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Socionics-Test
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ocionics-Tests

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Feel the LOVE... I don't have a guess for your type but welcome to the forum.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SEI final that's my final typing of you

Being bad with money is not type related. No one's born with it. We're taught that
    -