Thread: Greetings

TIM
    ILI-1Te
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Greetings

Hello from the mountains! I'm new to this website and socionics in general. I'm currently a full-time Master's student in Biology, with an interest in how socionics can help me to understand both my own thought processes, my personal biases and perspectives, as well as how I can relate to others and better understand other people. I believe, but I am not certain, that I am an ILI. The person who introduced me to socionics has also mostly typed me as such, though she waffles between several types on different days, so I'd be interested in more firm information.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Hello and welcome.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Jello
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kenthalas View Post
    Hello from the mountains! I'm new to this website and socionics in general. I'm currently a full-time Master's student in Biology, with an interest in how socionics can help me to understand both my own thought processes, my personal biases and perspectives, as well as how I can relate to others and better understand other people. I believe, but I am not certain, that I am an ILI. The person who introduced me to socionics has also mostly typed me as such, though she waffles between several types on different days, so I'd be interested in more firm information.
    Helloooooooo! Which mountains??? I myself happen to live in the heart of appalachia.

Welcome!
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

TIM
    ILI-1Te
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same. Except I live on the edge, rather than the heart.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I believe, but I am not certain, that I am an ILI.
    you may create a typing theme
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1096450

TIM
    ILI-1Te
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My non-verbals are always screwed up with anything like this, I think, because I have Tourette's with a lot of facial tics that make it hard to really read me, especially if I'm nervous. But that could just be my opinion, an expert may not see that as a problem at all.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Welcome!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My non-verbals are always screwed up with anything like this, I think, because I have Tourette's with a lot of facial tics that make it hard to really read me, especially if I'm nervous. But that could just be my opinion, an expert may not see that as a problem at all.
    You don't have to make a video if it makes you feel uncomfortable
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

because I have Tourette's
    I have checked on youtube how this looks. It does not change fine nonverbal behavior wich relates to type. You may post video by pm, if you don't wish it public. Without video it is higher probability to mistake about type. In such case it may need more of your own efforts to identify your type correctly.

TIM
    ILI-1Te
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found someone who will do a video interview, so I'll post that up when it's available.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hello ili